The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray Deals ?

The cheapest you'll find it is for 24.99 at Target/Walmart/Best Buy/Circuit City/Amazon. It likely won't be cheaper for a long while, so you may as well just bite now.

So.. is there any real good deals going on for the Dark Knight on Blu-Ray?

If not..

What is the usual price stores are selling it for?
so I dont go to a store that overprices it like this guy: :drool:

[quote name='A_FITZ']So.. is there any real good deals going on for the Dark Knight on Blu-Ray?

If not..

What is the usual price stores are selling it for?
so I dont go to a store that overprices it like this guy: :drool:[/quote]

MSRP is 34.99. My work(blockbuster is selling it for 29.99) Amazon has it 23.99 with no tax.

yup, msrp is 34.99 but most if not all of your local stores (Walmart, meijer, target, best buy...etc) should have it for 29.99

Doesnt best buy have it for 23 and change this week also? If I remember correctly they sell most BD DVDs the first week like they do CDs. They drop the price in almost half for the first week it is out only.

Thanks guys. Well im probably just gona do amazon.

Seems their prices for shipping are ok today. Sometimes amazon is a bit more expensive then others..

If you're interested in new releases (I say this because new releases are pretty damn expensive in general - it's when a particular title is most expensive, for the most part - besides seasons) then a smart thing to do is venture to Moviestop.
They have a deal where they take a price of a new release DVD, and drop it to $16. Then you trade in 4 titles worth at least $1.50, and they bump those up to being worth $4 each, getting you the DVD for free.

Restrictions:
If it's a blu-ray, they make the 4 titles worth half of the blu-ray. Dark Knight was $29.99 and I got $15 in credit for the 4 $1.50 titles. The way I got the special edition 2-disc blu-ray of Dark Knight was trading in 7 DVDs that I spent a total of $8 on at Gamestop.
If there are more than one releases available on DVD, they may up the price it a little - the regular unrated version of Pineapple Express was eligible for this deal, but if you want the double-disc version, you had to pay $1 extra on top of the 4 titles (or a DVD worth $1 trade in).

This deal is only applicable to some titles, but I think it's almost all of the most popular ones - Iron Man, Dark Knight, Wanted, Pineapple Express, Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E, Hulk, the new Chronicles of Narnia, Horton Hears a Hoo, Tropic Thunder, Hancock, Hellboy 2, Get Smart, the new Indiana Jones, etc etc.

[quote name='WylieTimes']My Wal Mart had it in store for 19.99.[/quote]

Are you sure that's for BluRay and not DVD?

[quote name='moonphrogg']If you have a BJ's membership, it's $21.99 there.[/quote]

got it for $16.xx after the $6 coupon they sent through the mail a week or so ago

[quote name='cagfansub']Are you sure that's for BluRay and not DVD?[/quote]

Yes, i bought one. Its 19.99 on blu ray at the Wal Mart on Palm/Herndon in Fresno, CA.

[quote name='chuckstaton']If you're interested in new releases (I say this because new releases are pretty damn expensive in general - it's when a particular title is most expensive, for the most part - besides seasons) then a smart thing to do is venture to Moviestop.
They have a deal where they take a price of a new release DVD, and drop it to $16. Then you trade in 4 titles worth at least $1.50, and they bump those up to being worth $4 each, getting you the DVD for free.

Restrictions:
If it's a blu-ray, they make the 4 titles worth half of the blu-ray. Dark Knight was $29.99 and I got $15 in credit for the 4 $1.50 titles. The way I got the special edition 2-disc blu-ray of Dark Knight was trading in 7 DVDs that I spent a total of $8 on at Gamestop.
If there are more than one releases available on DVD, they may up the price it a little - the regular unrated version of Pineapple Express was eligible for this deal, but if you want the double-disc version, you had to pay $1 extra on top of the 4 titles (or a DVD worth $1 trade in).

This deal is only applicable to some titles, but I think it's almost all of the most popular ones - Iron Man, Dark Knight, Wanted, Pineapple Express, Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E, Hulk, the new Chronicles of Narnia, Horton Hears a Hoo, Tropic Thunder, Hancock, Hellboy 2, Get Smart, the new Indiana Jones, etc etc.[/quote]

So youre going to give someone four dvds odds are you paid at least 15 for each, and get 16 for them total when they are gonna sell them for at least 10 bucks a pop?

Damn good deal.. @_@

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']So youre going to give someone four dvds odds are you paid at least 15 for each, and get 16 for them total when they are gonna sell them for at least 10 bucks a pop?

Damn good deal.. @_@[/quote]

I think it's funny that you said this after you ACTUALLY QUOTED where I said "The way I got the special edition 2-disc blu-ray of Dark Knight was trading in 7 DVDs that I spent a total of $8 on at Gamestop."

I'd like to add that
A. I did the preorder on the Iron Man double-disc blu-ray, the Dark Knight double-disc blu-ray, and the Step Brothers unrated 2-disc edition - for EACH pre-order I paid LESS THAN $8 TOTAL because I specifically went to Gamestop, bought up DVDs to trade in and went and did it - I could even scan in my receipts to show you!!!
B. You can constantly get used DVDs for extremely cheap (amazon.com, half.com, ebay.com - or if you're lazy, go to any FYE near you)

Did you even read what I said before you posted? Obviously not.

I've been doing those e-Rewards market surveys for a while now, and am getting sick of waiting for them to accrue to the point that I've got $50 worth of credit to trade in for a $25 GameStop card, so I took a look at what else they've got on offer.

Looks like there's a decent deal with Borders, wherein you can trade in $15 of your e-Rewards credit for $15 of Borders Bucks. The only catch is, you can't use them until the month after you redeem the credit, and you can apparently only do it once per year per account.

That said, if their price of $27.99 on The Dark Knight is still in effect come January 1, 2009, I'll be picking it up for $12.99. Please, please, please don't go up in price...

If any of you also have e-Rewards credits you don't have use for, I would suggest you consider this.

I had it pre-ordered at BB, but I think I'm going to wait for it to hit $19.99 before I pick it up. Iron Man dropped to that level pretty quickly

The cheapest I seen was at Giant Eagle. If you have an advantage card or whatever it is that they have you pay $22.99. Not sure if the deal is still going on or if it was a one week thing.

[quote name='Omniscia']I've been doing those e-Rewards market surveys for a while now, and am getting sick of waiting for them to accrue to the point that I've got $50 worth of credit to trade in for a $25 GameStop card, so I took a look at what else they've got on offer.

Looks like there's a decent deal with Borders, wherein you can trade in $15 of your e-Rewards credit for $15 of Borders Bucks. The only catch is, you can't use them until the month after you redeem the credit, and you can apparently only do it once per year per account.

That said, if their price of $27.99 on The Dark Knight is still in effect come January 1, 2009, I'll be picking it up for $12.99. Please, please, please don't go up in price...

If any of you also have e-Rewards credits you don't have use for, I would suggest you consider this.[/quote]

LOL, didn't Borders declare Chapter 11 bankruptcy/restructuring (or was it Barnes and Noble)? If so, those Borders Bucks may be worthless, if they choose not to honor credit/giftcards etc. If that's the case, no wonder they want you to wait a month to use them...

bread's done
Back