The Dark Spire 19.99 new 17.99 used gamestop

hell i paid 23.00 for it used back on april 24

thought it was a great deal yet i have yet to play it... (i think i got it for 19.82 after cashback)

so i guess it would almost be the same

guess not. with the 20% off coupon + edge you can get it for 14.40

so i figure i lost 5 bucks... wonder if the used copies would include the soundtrack though

[quote name='doodofdoods']I hope Amazon drops it to $20. I don't think they have the CD any more, though.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it? All first print run copies came with the soundtrack and I haven't heard this has been reprinted yet.

#-o

Once again I buy an Atlus DS title at full price thinking it will be hard to find later and not only is that not the case but they drop the fucking price within weeks of release. I need to stop buying anything, ever, at full price - even $30 DS games. It has almost never paid off since I rarely get around to playing them that soon anyway. My $30 Dark Spire is still sealed :bomb:

[quote name='io']#-o

Once again I buy an Atlus DS title at full price thinking it will be hard to find later and not only is that not the case but they drop the fucking price within weeks of release. I need to stop buying anything, ever, at full price - even $30 DS games. It has almost never paid off since I rarely get around to playing them that soon anyway. My $30 Dark Spire is still sealed :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. This was on my radar but I never picked it up. Then I went to Amazon a few weeks ago and it was out of stock. It wasn't the "will ship in 4-6 weeks" thingy, it just doesn't list amazon as a seller at all and others were selling it at the $40 range. (and I tried other large online retailers and non were available). So I bit at one I found at $30 (they list the game for close to $40 at amazon but on their website, it was $30).

Amazon had it back in stock a week or so after I receive it... and now this? /sad.

well, what's done is done... now I just need to take even more advantage of my ECA discount to even my pain! (... and spend a lot more money in the process, love my logic :) )

Has anyone played this? I have been interested in it for over 3 months now but never have gotten around to checking it out.

Good news, found a used copy with the soundtrack and the store was willing to swap it out for me as part of my B2G1, bad news is the price drop isnt in effect in store yet, so I really really hope this drops before I am outside of the 7 days and cant exchange it out T___T

It is a good game, if you like first person dungeon crawlers that have a deliberately stripped down RPG experience. Lots of random encounters, no huge shortcuts.

The gimmick is the classic mode alternating to really, REALLY old school types of graphics and sounds. It's largely text based. I was happy to buy it at $30 but I really like these types of games. At $20 you might be disappointed if this isn't your thing.

This is much closer to my price point for this game. It sounds brutally old-school which may be a good or bad thing depending on your perspective.

wow this took all of how many seconds to drop? yeah im in for 1.. i was in a ebgames today but it didnt catch my eye @19.99. maybe i had a lazy eye tonite :)

[quote name='ncc1701p']wow this took all of how many seconds to drop? yeah im in for 1.. i was in a ebgames today but it didnt catch my eye @19.99. maybe i had a lazy eye tonite :)[/QUOTE]

i dont think the system has updated yet. this was the same thing for me when i went in too. but it should go through tomorrow or wed sometime since thats what happened when TWEWY dropped.

[quote name='io']#-o

Once again I buy an Atlus DS title at full price thinking it will be hard to find later and not only is that not the case but they drop the fucking price within weeks of release. I need to stop buying anything, ever, at full price - even $30 DS games. It has almost never paid off since I rarely get around to playing them that soon anyway. My $30 Dark Spire is still sealed :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Ditto, supply only dries up when a sequel comes out, here's looking at you, Devil Summoner.

I didn't know that the soundtrack CD was in the first print run of the this game. I thought it was only a preorder bonus from Gamestop since that was the only place I saw this game.

I might have to pick this up since I really enjoyed the music that played in the gameplay previews.

Just came from the store and got one of my B2G1 games swapped out for Dark Spire. Price is active in store now. Happy hunting.

Picked it up today (since my Gamestop didn't @#$!@#$! get in Knights in the Nightmare) Only played it about 40 minutes, seems good if you love old school RPG's like Wizardry (also seems like it'll be just about as hard as Wizardry) Now I'm waiting for a price drop on Tokyo Beat Down :)

bread's done
Back