The Darkness II LE (360, PS3) $20, Metroid: Other M $9 + FS @Newegg

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Thanks to Jo0k @Slick Deals
Discounted prices and/or promo codes are valid till 06/27/2012.
All of the following come with free standard shipping

Darkness2_LELG.jpg

:360:The Darkness II Limited Edition $19.99
:ps3:The Darkness II Limited Edition $19.99

:wii:Metroid: Other M $8.99

Last edited by a moderator:
20 bucks is great new. I remember getting it deal of the day at BB for only 13 bucks with tax, great FPS. Great story, voice acting, the whole works. Very enjoyable game, I highly recommend even for 20 bucks.

Great price for $20, I got it for $11.99 when it was BB DotD. It was a bit short but I played through it twice and the Vendetta campaigns adds onto it. I believe it trades in for $6 at BB currently so a cheap rental if you beat it and trade into BB before the bonus ends.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']20 bucks is great new. I remember getting it deal of the day at BB for only 13 bucks with tax, great FPS. Great story, voice acting, the whole works. Very enjoyable game, I highly recommend even for 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

this. great game. i even had so much fun i 1000/1000 it.

i would of paid 20 for it thats for sure. hell i might of paid 60 for it just cause i really loved the game and want the series to continue. it is sadly too short though.

[quote name='superman37876']What's included in the limited edition?[/QUOTE]

A DLC code for two more special powers (minor but useful, esp the relic hunter) and code for downloading the first two volumes of the comic book off some online comicbook reader website/app. Has different cover art than the standard edition as well.

I also got this game for $12 from the Best Buy DotD but it's very much worth $20 despite the length. I just had too much fun duel wielding guns AND having the tendrils/Darkness powers at my command. The Vendetta missions were surprisingly lengthy and had a nice amount of dialogue for characters you never saw in the main campaign.

[quote name='K_G']A DLC code for two more special powers (minor but useful, esp the relic hunter) and code for downloading the first two volumes of the comic book off some online comicbook reader website/app. Has different cover art than the standard edition as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Just debating on if it was worth it since Amazon is selling it for $19 and no tax.

[quote name='PublikDefender']got in on the best buy deal. second easiest platinum trophy after trine 2, for those wondering.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you never played Resistance Burning Skies...

I got this from BB for 12$ and sold it to Amazon for 9$

It was an okay game. Terrible pacing and repetitive gameplay, has some fun moments.

East 1000 if you are into cheevos.

I rented this from Red Box during their free rental week. Finished it in one sitting on Don difficulty. Once you're powered up enough, the game is a breeze to get through. Definitely worth a playthrough.

Excellent game! It has more a traditional FPS feel than the original Darkness (which has more of an open world feel to it), but the gameplay is for the most part sublime. "quad-wielding" is awesome, and the executions are epic (though those can get old seeing the same one over and over for the 100th time...to some people lol). I will say I liked the voice acting better in the original, but other than that I'm leaning towards the second one being my favorite of the two overall.

BTW I know the main campaign is short, but there's also a "Vendettas" campaign where you can play one of four of Jackie's hired assassins. It's pretty fun, and adds a few more hours to the game in total. And the Hit List too, which takes missions from the Vendettas campaign and mixes them with a few brand new ones (those are mostly just killing guys and clearing out areas).

Anyway, for $20 I'd say it's totally worth it. I'm playing it right now and loving it.

Bought this from GMG on release, can't recommend it enough for an FPS fan. Definitely has a tighter shooter feel compared to the first.

On a different note, Newegg has finally started accepting Discover cards again, so good news all around.

Should I really bite on this? I mean I could wait a bit longer and and get it used for cheaper. Also amazon has the regular version for 20 as well is the stuff in the limited edition all that grand??? Help me guys my backlog is large as it is, Do I need to be adding this now or just wait?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I clicked on the PS3 link, I noticed that the PS3 dualshock 3 controllers were on sale for $40, which is also a great deal.

bread's done
Back