The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

Based on my experiences, I do not recommend the Sony Card at all. After seeing the offer for a free $50 PSN card with an initial purchase, I decided to try it out, so a couple of weeks ago I received the card and have been wrestling with their "support" team to try and get that card ever since.

I created a Sony Rewards account and linked my PlayStation Card. Theoretically, I should be earning points on each purchase.. but nope, not a single transaction has resulted in a single point -- let alone the $50 PSN card.

I contacted their support team, and in response they credited my account with 5,000 points to order the $50 PSN card. That's fine, except that the website, for some reason, thinks my card is not actually linked, and so it won't let me add the PSN card (a "cardmember exclusive") to my cart. Yet when I try to link it, it tells me that it is already linked.

So far, I've sent about 5 or 6 e-mails to them over the past week or two to try and resolve this issue. Each time, their incompetent support team (when they finally respond) seems to skim the first line of my e-mail and respond with a copy-and-pasted message along the lines of "We have verified that your card is linked, so you are good to go, thanks for using Sony Rewards." -- completely ignoring my message. Again, no points are accruing, and I still cannot add the PSN card to my cart because the website tells me my card is not linked.

Unless their support team suddenly shows a shred of competence (I doubt it), I'll be paying off this card and canceling it as soon as the first statement comes in. I would not recommend anyone go through this nightmare.

Heads-up to all: do not use the "Connect with Facebook" feature when creating/logging into your account. It is very buggy. Took me two weeks of e-mailing their support team back and forth to find out why I couldn't get the $50 PSN card, until I ended up calling their phone support, and bugs relating to logging in via Facebook ended up being the culprit.

Aside from that, I ended up getting the free $50 PSN card tonight.. so I would now recommend this offer. :)

Just a random question, but there aren't any deals associated with this card to get a PS3 for cheaper anymore are there? My original BC 60GB crapped out on me (blu ray drive controller board went bad...which is of course married to the motherboard, so it can't be swapped), and I'm not thrilled with the idea of giving Sony full retail for another one (considering I paid $500 for the thing...and it lasted less than 5 years...and yet, as countless others have said "My SNES still works").

I remember a year or two back there were some big discounts, but at the time, I didn't need ANOTHER PS3. Looking at the OP and seeing that at one point you could get a 5 year warranty for $60 has me kicking myself over and over again. Oh, if only I had known! Anyway, I appreciate any info anybody has to share. Thanks!

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']OK so does this thread and OP still apply as of currently?

I just got a playstation card from the $50 and year of plus deal.[/QUOTE]

What still applies for free points is the Wheel of Fortune daily 10 pts for entering the bonus puzzle solution. If you did that every weekday for a year you could get 2600 bonus points which could potentially be redeemed for two $10 PSN codes.

You can also register your Sony DVDs/Blu-Rays for points.

And use the purchase credit form for bonus points and credit back on your card if you want to be reimbursed for a Sony product with your points.

Sorry to bump this thread again, but how does the rewards pointson purchases made with the Sony/Playstation card work?

I've made a few purchases on PSN (10x bonus) and used it quite a bit and my account shows no rewards pts from any purchases.

Does it just take a while to show up? Or do I need to pay that months statement or something? Just confused as with my other cards the pts/cash back show up pretty quick.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Sorry to bump this thread again, but how does the rewards pointson purchases made with the Sony/Playstation card work?

I've made a few purchases on PSN (10x bonus) and used it quite a bit and my account shows no rewards pts from any purchases.

Does it just take a while to show up? Or do I need to pay that months statement or something? Just confused as with my other cards the pts/cash back show up pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

I got the card about a week and a half ago, made a purchase on PSN that night and I got the email that I met the requirement yesterday. So, for me, it took about 10-11 days for it to show up on my sony rewards account.

[quote name='Tronny']I got the card about a week and a half ago, made a purchase on PSN that night and I got the email that I met the requirement yesterday. So, for me, it took about 10-11 days for it to show up on my sony rewards account.[/QUOTE]

The reward points? Not the $50 psn credit and PS+ right.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']The reward points? Not the $50 psn credit and PS+ right.[/QUOTE]

Basically. I got an email that said I had met the qualification (i.e. purchase). When I went to the site, I did not have any points listed but when I added the card and PS+ to my cart they showed up as 0 points each and then I checked out as normal. I got the email with the codes 30 seconds or so later. I haven't made any other purchases so I can't say how long the reward points from those would take to show up, but I would have to assume that it would be about the same time frame?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Sorry to bump this thread again, but how does the rewards pointson purchases made with the Sony/Playstation card work?

Does it just take a while to show up? Or do I need to pay that months statement or something? Just confused as with my other cards the pts/cash back show up pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

I haven't made any PSN purchases, but it took 1-2 days after my I got the e-mail saying my statement was ready before I got the e-mail from Sony Rewards stating my points were ready to be redeemed.

Got a $10 PSN code w/my points last month.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']The reward points? Not the $50 psn credit and PS+ right.[/QUOTE]
I think it takes about a month for your points to be credited to your account. Expect to see them around the time you get your monthly statement.

[quote name='bkjohns1']I think it takes about a month for your points to be credited to your account. Expect to see them around the time you get your monthly statement.[/QUOTE]

Sonyreward points are posted to your account when you get your card statement.

Does anyone know if you can still register 5 sony products for the 2500 points or is that dead?

bread's done
Back