The Demo & Beta Thread

Would anyone be kind enough to burn the World of Warcraft beta onto CDs or a DVD for me? I'm on dial-up and the download would take around 11 days for me. :(

OMG, lol save yourself the trouble and don't bother dling it.
I finnaly finshed my 2.5 gig dl 2days ago only to learn that because of Windows XP service pack 2, the newest version of Direct X, Direct X 9c, will not install. It just so happens that World of Warcraft, Starwars Battlefront, and the Sims 2 (to name a few) require 9c. I'm also betting that newer games like Halo 2, Half-life 2 are going to require it. So, unless your willing to format your harddrive, these games are not for you (if you have SP2).

Also, you need a WOW account to play, and unless you got one 2 days ago, they're all out. No, you can't have mine, I'm a greedy bastard.

Almost forgot,
If you have dial up, I don't think you'd want to play WoW seeing as its online only and you'd lag to high hell. Trust me, after playing it with dial up for 1 hour, you end up hating it.

[quote name='crystalklear64']OMG, lol save yourself the trouble and don't bother dling it.
I finnaly finshed my 2.5 gig dl 2days ago only to learn that because of Windows XP service pack 2, the newest version of Direct X, Direct X 9c, will not install. It just so happens that World of Warcraft, Starwars Battlefront, and the Sims 2 (to name a few) require 9c. I'm also betting that newer games like Halo 2, Half-life 2 are going to require it. So, unless your willing to format your harddrive, these games are not for you (if you have SP2).

Also, you need a WOW account to play, and unless you got one 2 days ago, they're all out. No, you can't have mine, I'm a greedy bastard.[/quote]

I haven't installed SP2 yet. Is that problem unique or have other people not been able to install Direct X 9c if they already have SP2 installed?

I already have a WoW account. :) Just no game. :(

[quote name='crystalklear64']Almost forgot,
If you have dial up, I don't think you'd want to play WoW seeing as its online only and you'd lag to high hell. Trust me, after playing it with dial up for 1 hour, you end up hating it.[/quote]

You can play MMORPGs on dial-up with very few problems. They're aren't as bandwidth intensive as FPS games.

[quote name='SpeedFire'][quote name='SpeedFire']For sale: Socom 2 Beta, FF 11 beta. Best offer.[/quote][/quote]

[quote name='SpeedFire']Also-

Sealed TimeSplitters2/Tomb Raider AOD/ Hitman 2/ Legaia 2 demo.

.hack Outbreak 3 Demo- Mint[/quote]

Please don't post items for sale in this thread. This thread is for free demos.

As posted by bmarquardt:

http://www.hypemakers.net/nnation8/demo.php

From the Namco Newsletter:

"Namco would like to wish happy holidays to our Namco Nation members. As a free holiday gift, click on the GET THE DEMO button below and fill out the form to receive a special edition Namco Demo Disc. Play Katamari Damacy™, Street Racing Syndicate™, and other hot Namco titles, plus check out several cool new game trailers!"

*While Supplies Last

UPDATE: It seems to be OOS now.

bread's done
Back