The Descent blu-ray $13.99

thanks, might buy it later
icon_smile.gif

I saw the movie, i mean it was interesting, i guess i dont appreciate it for what it is, i kinda thought it was bad acting and lame story but entertaining.

[quote name='johnnypark']Excellent movie! Anyone know if it's worth the upgrade if I already have it on DVD?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same briefly, but decided against it. I'll upgrade very few of my DVDs, and I just don't watch this one enough to justify it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I was wondering the same briefly, but decided against it. I'll upgrade very few of my DVDs, and I just don't watch this one enough to justify it.[/quote]

Agreed, although for me it's more about price, and this is tempting. Check out the review at http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/463/descent.html, it has an exclusive video commentary, and they say the transfer and audio are as good as they can get.

Argh! So tempting!

Yeah, the price is why I thought about it briefly. But I really only want to upgrade the few favorite movies I watch at least once or twice a year so I'll exercise some restraint here since The Descent doesn't fit that bill. :D

I just got this and close encounters of the third kind. Odd for both they were only going to charge me just under 4 bucks to ship. Did amazon lower the price to ship because in the past they have wanted around 5 something. I remember reading that in I think Europe this movie had a different ending that was not shown here in America. Does the BD show that ending? I never thought this was a great movie however it is worth 14 bucks.

Surprisingly excellent movie, the ONLY thing I didn't like about it was it should have
cut rapidly to the credits as the girl was sobbing in the truck on the side of the road at the end, not go back to the cave with that "ha ha, it was just a dream, you gonna die!" bullshit. It took a pretty intense ending and reverted it to a formulaic ending.
(spoiler ruins the ending if you look)

bread's done
Back