The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Keys

iansarria

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
http://www.curse.com/betas/teso-beta-key-giveaway

just got mine

Secure your play in Tamriel! Curse members can start claim their keys now for the beta event beginning Friday at 12 PM EST. 

Here’s a reminder for those that managed to get into The Elder Scrolls Online beta, recently. The beta will begin at 12pm EST on February 7th. You’ll need to have a few things ready if you want to participate in the MMO testing.

You’ll have needed to create an account, verified it, downloaded the massive game client, and patched it. You can begin this process here, if you haven’t done so already.

Previous beta tests have allowed for a broad scale of customization options for your character, and the ability to explore the game in-depth. This beta test could be somewhat different than previous weeks. Bethesda and Zenimax say they are looking to break their record for simultaneous online players, so there will probably be plenty of Elder Scrolls fans putting TESO through its paces on Saturday at noon.
Source 

Last edited by a moderator:
I thank you OP, and so does my wife.  :)  We'll be playing on PS4, but were wanting to check it out ahead of time.  

Meh, I'll likely end up buying the limited edition and regretting it.

XIV is the only MMO I have been able to really get into and enjoy

I've got a TB free, but I'm thinking something more along the lines of "fuck this". How much of the game world is included in the BETA?
I dl'ed about 6gb earlier before pausing it. I just want to see the Beta, I'm definitely not interested in buying and subscribing for the game but that's a biiiiiiiig download. =/

I've been part of the beta for awhile now and while they have a decent chunk of the game available (when I was able to play), the constant updates and patches needed to keep up with this shit is a lot more work than it is fun.

While I understand that it is a beta and this is what beta events usually do, the fact that I have spent infinitely more time downloading this shit than actually playing it is a fucking travesty.

Hell, I attempted to log on today to play after catching up on a 10+ GB "patch" over the past couple days, and I'm supposed to download approx. 21 more GB. fuck that. This beta can go fuck itself.

hmm thanks. I havent done a beta for an MMO in a while. Should be interesting to give this a look. Looks like its a big ass d.load though

Damn, really wanted to try the beta shame it's such a beast of a download. Now that my ISP has a data cap, I can't afford to waste 50gb. That's like 1/5 of my allowance lol. Regardless thanks OP!

Meh, I'll likely end up buying the limited edition and regretting it.

XIV is the only MMO I have been able to really get into and enjoy
I felt the same way with XI, and really wanted to like XIV. I pre-ordered the vanilla CE back in the day, bought a brand new GTX 480 and what happened after that was nothing but massive disappointment, I left on such a sour note that I'm not sure I could ever try XIV again (although I hear ARR is a vast improvement to the vanilla version.)

Damn, really wanted to try the beta shame it's such a beast of a download. Now that my ISP has a data cap, I can't afford to waste 50gb. That's like 1/5 of my allowance lol. Regardless thanks OP!

I felt the same way with XI, and really wanted to like XIV. I pre-ordered the vanilla CE back in the day, bought a brand new GTX 480 and what happened after that was nothing but massive disappointment, I left on such a sour note that I'm not sure I could ever try XIV again (although I hear ARR is a vast improvement to the vanilla version.)
I played XI and liked it a lot (But I joined so late it was just hard to get into). I never got a chance to play XIV vanilla but I know a few people who did, and every one of them said ARR felt like a totally new game.

With a major patch coming in like a month (And adding a ton of endgame content and other much wanted features like vanity slots for equips), plus the PS4 version coming I expect the game to become a lot more popular soon. You could always catch it on sale or something, Amazon just had it for 15$ or 18$ for the CE. Comes with a free month which should easily be enough to get up to 50 on a few classes and test out the endgame

With a major patch coming in like a month (And adding a ton of endgame content and other much wanted features like vanity slots for equips), plus the PS4 version coming I expect the game to become a lot more popular soon. You could always catch it on sale or something, Amazon just had it for 15$ or 18$ for the CE. Comes with a free month which should easily be enough to get up to 50 on a few classes and test out the endgame
I have XI to blame for never giving another MMO a chance, I tried WoW in it's infancy and quit after the 7-day trial, just felt too cartoony for my taste, I did try a few other F2P MMOs but all mediocre at best.

Hence my excitement for XIV. I certainly haven't checked any new gameplay videos though, and thanks for actually mentioning that last part. If ARR is much more friendly when it comes to leveling, I'll probably have to give it another shot.

I still recall how much of a grindfest XI was, it would literally take a days to level up with a decent team end-game, only to have yourself de-level at a much faster pace if you had a lousy team. Don't think I ever maxed out any job lol, (cap at the time I believe was 60?. I played from '03-'05).

I was not impressed. It looks nice visually, but this kind of combat bores me to tears.  I imagine the Skyrim folks will like it though.  

I have XI to blame for never giving another MMO a chance, I tried WoW in it's infancy and quit after the 7-day trial, just felt too cartoony for my taste, I did try a few other F2P MMOs but all mediocre at best.

Hence my excitement for XIV. I certainly haven't checked any new gameplay videos though, and thanks for actually mentioning that last part. If ARR is much more friendly when it comes to leveling, I'll probably have to give it another shot.

I still recall how much of a grindfest XI was, it would literally take a days to level up with a decent team end-game, only to have yourself de-level at a much faster pace if you had a lousy team. Don't think I ever maxed out any job lol, (cap at the time I believe was 60?. I played from '03-'05).
Its DEFINITELY more friendly as far as leveling goes. I think I got my character to 50 like barely a week after launch. And they have it set up now so that if you have 1 class at 50, you get a massive EXP bonus when leveling successive classes (Though I don't know if it applies to the crafting and item mining classes). But its a high enough boost that if you played hard enough you could probably get a class to 50 in 2 or 3 days.

The endgame grinding is about as much as any other MMO though, but its honestly getting easier as time goes by. The only thing that kind of sucks is that the highest level gear (Item level 80 and 90), is almost exclusively gained through either dungeons that have a weekly lockout (Meaning you could use your weekly run, and not even see the gear you want), or currency that has a limit on how much can be earned weekly. But some of that is getting changed in the next patch too (Since apparently this gear is going to get totally outclassed soon)

I've been part of the beta for awhile now and while they have a decent chunk of the game available (when I was able to play), the constant updates and patches needed to keep up with this shit is a lot more work than it is fun.

While I understand that it is a beta and this is what beta events usually do, the fact that I have spent infinitely more time downloading this shit than actually playing it is a fucking travesty.

Hell, I attempted to log on today to play after catching up on a 10+ GB "patch" over the past couple days, and I'm supposed to download approx. 21 more GB. fuck that. This beta can go fuck itself.
Not sure why but this was awesome to read. :)

Playing it right now, thanks op.

It pretty much seems like skyrim lol

so far sucks because sometimes it doesn't load but it plays smoothly overall

Put a lot of time into the game last night.  Here's my two cents (not that anyone asked).

It seems pretty cool - the combat is a bit more interactive than most MMOs - more akin to Neverwinter.  Still, it feels loose and does not really have that visceral feeling of smashing your mace into someone's head that Skyrim did.  The graphics are probably the best I have ever seen in an MMO, but then again that isn't saying much.  It looks like a less pretty Skyrim, basically.  The voice acting is pretty great so far, and even though I have only put a few hours in, I don't feel like everyone has the same voice (like all Nords in Skyrim).  And John Cleese is always great. 

All in all, it feels like a watered down Skyrim you can play with your buddies.  If that is all you want, it might be worth it.  If it was just the $60 price tag, I might bite, but I just can't swallow the $15 monthly fee.  I have done this on a couple other MMOs (WoW, SW:TOR) and I feel like I have to play it as much as possible in order to get my moneys worth and it becomes more like work than fun.  I look forward to playing it the rest of the Beta weekend, but as it stands I think I will be passing until it goes F2P.

All in all, it feels like a watered down Skyrim you can play with your buddies. If that is all you want, it might be worth it. If it was just the $60 price tag, I might bite, but I just can't swallow the $15 monthly fee. I have done this on a couple other MMOs (WoW, SW:TOR) and I feel like I have to play it as much as possible in order to get my moneys worth and it becomes more like work than fun. I look forward to playing it the rest of the Beta weekend, but as it stands I think I will be passing until it goes F2P.
You just hit the nail on the head. This is exactly why I don't like subscription-based MMOs. It's why I put countless hours into Guild Wars 1 (and once I have a better PC GW2). I could stomach $5, *maybe* $10 a month, but at $15...there are plenty of other games I could buy outright and enjoy.

You just hit the nail on the head. This is exactly why I don't like subscription-based MMOs. It's why I put countless hours into Guild Wars 1 (and once I have a better PC GW2). I could stomach $5, *maybe* $10 a month, but at $15...there are plenty of other games I could buy outright and enjoy.
Exactly. I can backlog a lot of games for $15/month.

Spent all night downloading this only to attempt to log in and get rejected because of unscheduled maintenance. Waited 2 to 3 hours for that to clear up and played for 10 minutes before the game's audio crackled and cut out. Restarted the client and now I'm in the Login Queue for. at least, 24 more minutes. I say "at least" because it hasn't changed from 24 minutes for about 5 minutes now.

I acknowledge I'm an MMO noob, but do people really WANT this kind of bullshit experience? I recognize it's a BETA, but as the saying goes "You can only make one first impression."

I acknowledge I'm an MMO noob, but do people really WANT this kind of bullshit experience? I recognize it's a BETA, but as the saying goes "You can only make one first impression."
You are correct, first impressions matter. Which is why companies need to stop having open beta's like this. This should have been called "early access" or something similar so that people know what they are getting into. The term "beta" doesn't mean the same thing as it did 10-15 years ago...

Is there anyway to actually save the patch file and put it on other computers? Or is the tiny inital 60mb install file the only one that can be transfered?

Been downloading this all afternoon on the desktop but wanted to put it on the laptop as well. However if this thing is 50 gigs or so like people say im not sure if i can d.load that much without going over Comcasts data limit

Spent all night downloading this only to attempt to log in and get rejected because of unscheduled maintenance. Waited 2 to 3 hours for that to clear up and played for 10 minutes before the game's audio crackled and cut out. Restarted the client and now I'm in the Login Queue for. at least, 24 more minutes. I say "at least" because it hasn't changed from 24 minutes for about 5 minutes now.

You are correct, first impressions matter. Which is why companies need to stop having open beta's like this. This should have been called "early access" or something similar so that people know what they are getting into. The term "beta" doesn't mean the same thing as it did 10-15 years ago...
beat me to it... the line 'I recognize this is a beta' made me smrik... no man, you dont seem to recognize that at all. Betas are not just a free game for you to play for your amusement. They are there for you to help make the game better. They are usually glitchy as hell with a lot of problems, deal with it and provide the necessary feedback, or dont play them. Yeesh, i remember the old EQ betas and stuff like that. Do people even know what a beta is anymore?

beat me to it... the line 'I recognize this is a beta' made me smrik... no man, you dont seem to recognize that at all. Betas are not just a free game for you to play for your amusement. They are there for you to help make the game better. They are usually glitchy as hell with a lot of problems, deal with it and provide the necessary feedback, or dont play them. Yeesh, i remember the old EQ betas and stuff like that. Do people even know what a beta is anymore?
Mate, I know what a BETA is and what it's for. I've participated in several BETAs in the past and contributed, the best I could, to identifying bugs. BUT, If I can't actually get to the playable portion of the game, how can I provide the devs with feedback?

Mate, I know what a BETA is and what it's for. I've participated in several BETAs in the past and contributed, the best I could, to identifying bugs. BUT, If I can't actually get to the playable portion of the game, how can I provide the devs with feedback?
you couldn't get in for one day... oh no! ANd you made a comment that you only get to make one first impression.. which makes me reiterate: Betas are not there to even give you a first impression. WHen you play it for a while it will give you a general feel for the game, but complaining about a Beta doing maintenance or being buggy misses the whole damn point

Is there anyway to actually save the patch file and put it on other computers? Or is the tiny inital 60mb install file the only one that can be transfered?

Been downloading this all afternoon on the desktop but wanted to put it on the laptop as well. However if this thing is 50 gigs or so like people say im not sure if i can d.load that much without going over Comcasts data limit

Perhaps I wasn't clear, or maybe we're not on the same path. A beta should be something where people go to seek out bugs. The fact that so many people were let in, like most "beta's" these days, indicates that it's another marketing ploy. I am almost positive that 75% of the people "trying" this beta out are there to try the game, not test it.

And that's the problem. People no longer associate beta's with bug hunting and making the game better. They see them as early previews and as this thread has indicated, people are already giving small pre/re-views. So again, that's why I said that beta's should be closed, and when "opened", they should be called "early access".

This was a closed beta for at least 8 or 9 months. We are nearing release of the PC version, so they are likely doing this as a stress test for their servers and to get the word out about the game and release.

I played a bit of this and it was definitely meh to me. I will give it another go when I get a better rig to handle it.

Due to NDA - I can't really explain my reasoning.

It will definitely be on my watch list tho.

No worries to those that didn't download it. Went to log in and was put in queue. Estimated time: 53 minutes. Granted it was a Saturday night and it IS a Beta, but really?

If it truly is supposed to be a stress test then they have some major catching up to do.

Took several hours to download the client update, not sure if that was an issue on my end or theirs. Since it was taking so long I decided to play some PS3 Skyrim. Once ESO finally finished updating and I got to play it, I was pretty underwhelmed. I'm an MMO noob, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but the ESO experience left a lot to be desired; and I really hated playing with the keyboard instead of a controller. Oblivion and Skyrim are easily my favorite and most played PS3 games, so I've been looking forward to ESO, but not so much now. I've got the PS4 Imperial Edition pre-ordered, but I'm going to have to see a lot more from it to keep me past the initial 30 days.

As everyone has stated on the downloading of the client and patching it does suck. Then again this IS BETA to be tested and they have improved their patch download speed over the course previous beta events.

umm is this already over?? i went to log in and im getting an error 103 now. It says the  beta is not currently in session, and lists the games launch date. I find it hard to believe the stress test was only for the weekend o_O Was that it?

umm is this already over?? i went to log in and im getting an error 103 now. It says the beta is not currently in session, and lists the games launch date. I find it hard to believe the stress test was only for the weekend o_O Was that it?
ALL of their betas have been over weekends only thus far, not just this one. I was in the two prior to this one and I believe the ones before that were weekend betas too.

Anyway as far as stress testing goes that is the best time. In my experience the weekends are generally the heaviest loads of users for MMOs, which makes sense.

ah well guess it is over then. Too bad. Didn't really get to play that much at all, or get a feel for the skill system. Was considering pre-ordering it but only messed with it for a couple hours. Dont think its worth throwing down 60 bucks, plus 15 a month that they want based on the bit i played. It was a bit weird trying to figure out the different sub classes in the game. I feel like i'll screw my character up figuring it out =P

bread's done
Back