The end of the OTT has been rescheduled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think Grown-Ups were THAT bad. It was...ok. The problem with Adam Sandler movies (and Rob Schneider) is that all their characters are the same. The movies seem to be alright for a one time watch, but anything after that is a bit much for most of them.

I think it's an effective way to get a jaded public to think about and discuss emergency preparedness, that being said, it probably should have just stayed on their blog and not been posted on the main site (which has been crashing off and on for days because of it). Some guy on CNN had an excellent perspective on it, noting that people in third world countries are much more prepared for short term crisis than we are.

It's certainly had lots traffic and media coverage over the last 4 days.

[quote name='Trakan']Parks and Office spoilers.

These last couple of episodes of The Office were really good. If they can keep it up for next season, Carell leaving wouldn't be as big of a blow. I don't think they can keep it up all season though. I hope they go with an inside hire over someone new.

Parks and Rec was amazing. There's no sign of it slowing down. I'm worried about all the changes, but I think I'm overreacting. I hate change.

God fucking damn I hate cliffhangers though.
[/QUOTE]

You mean I was right?:cool:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You mean I was right?:cool:[/QUOTE]

I didn't watch last night's epsiodes yet and I didn't click on the spoiler but I can only imagine it says The Office is falling apart and Parks and Rec has become one of the best shows on TV.

This f-ing going to bed at 00:30 and geting woken up at 0600 or 0630 is killing me. It's just going to get worse come July when I can't go back to sleep after they're on the bus. Thankfully it should only be 3-4 weeks of that.

We did, but we've been working it out. Just needed a break from her shenanigans. It was rough having your bitch ditch you over and over to play a japanese video game with some bros.

main.php

Sorry, I had to do it.

Also, Tosh.0 Inappropriate Times to Do 'Macho Man' Randy Savage Impressions

[quote name='Eviltude']Military time is for people in the military and douche bags. Waking up early is also for people in the military.[/QUOTE]

It's also for people who work at hospitals or any other place open 24 hours. Waking up early is also for 'douche bags' who get stuck watching the kids in the morning while their wife goes to school. What a wonderful life I got trapped in.

Bridesmaids was pretty funny, and despite being surrounded by women talking and repeating what just happened to each other it didn't ruin the movie. Thought I had a free seat next to me, but some girl walked in 20 minutes late, after just pouring a bottle of terrible body spray all over herself and sat down right next to me. My headache subsided quickly, though. Kristen Wiig isn't bad at all.

[quote name='Eviltude']Military time is for people in the military and douche bags. Waking up early is also for people in the military.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eldergamer']It's also for people who work at hospitals or any other place open 24 hours. Waking up early is also for 'douche bags' who get stuck watching the kids in the morning while their wife goes to school. What a wonderful life I got trapped in.[/QUOTE]

I'll echo what eldergamer has said. It is definitely what is in use at hospitals, my wife is a nurse. As for the getting up early part, it's also for people that have reproduced and have children that don't yet understand the concept of time. You'd think every day was Christmas with my toddlers. They are like clockwork with getting up at 7 and 7:15 respectively. Sleeping until 8 is a luxury I am no longer afforded. And I get up between 4-5 when I am doing my temp gig.

Anyways....

Hello, OTT.

[quote name='tiredfornow']We did, but we've been working it out. Just needed a break from her shenanigans. It was rough having your bitch ditch you over and over to play a japanese video game with some bros.[/QUOTE]
I feel you there. Not on the getting ditched to play games with bros, but needing a break for whatever reason. Also, being left out by your significant other is a really shitty feeling.

[quote name='eldergamer']It's also for people who work at hospitals or any other place open 24 hours. Waking up early is also for 'douche bags' who get stuck watching the kids in the morning while their wife goes to school. What a wonderful life I got trapped in.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Wait, that makes me a douche bag as of late. :[

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Eviltude -- just PM me or something if you have a time in mind for Portal 2 coop.[/QUOTE]

K. I played a little bit with a friend earlier, but he hasn't played single player so instead of having two people thinking about how to solve a puzzle at once, he was just standing there waiting for me to tell him what to do which was pretty lame and made everything take way too long. I need to do some hw after dinner but I don't plan to go anywhere tonight. After being in school all week I just want to grab a fine box of wine and play some games, yo.
=======================================
After being a member of e-rewards for nearly 2 years I just redeemed my first reward. $25 @ Gamestop for $50 with of e-rewards cash. All the other rewards sort of suck since I don't travel and don't want to buy shoes or handbags (you only really need one). Surprisingly they said it should be here within 30 days.

[quote name='Maklershed']I didn't watch last night's epsiodes yet and I didn't click on the spoiler but I can only imagine it says The Office is falling apart and Parks and Rec has become one of the best shows on TV.[/QUOTE]

You would be wrong. Last weeks episode was awesome and this weeks episode was really good.

Got blindsided by Church people going door to door today (must've been 3 carloads of them).

Before they got too far into their pitch, told them I wasn't interested.
"You're not interested in the bible?"
"No, have a good day!"

Saw them crossing something off a list as they walked away.
Planned on having a BBQ tomorrow, guess I don't need to get charcoal now.
:lol:

All the churches around me are having services tonight. They can't possibly be buying into the rapture nonsense can they? Is there some kind of religious holiday today or coming up?

As I was leaving, I wished my boss good luck and I told him I probably wasnt going to be in on Monday because I was going to heaven tomorrow, and he was going to have to get back to the people of the 15 emails I forwarded him of other people who were going to be stuck on earth with him.

May have been a career limiting move, in retrospec.

[quote name='Eviltude']
After being a member of e-rewards for nearly 2 years I just redeemed my first reward. $25 @ Gamestop for $50 with of e-rewards cash. All the other rewards sort of suck since I don't travel and don't want to buy shoes or handbags (you only really need one). Surprisingly they said it should be here within 30 days.[/QUOTE]I recently got one of those gamestop cards and I received it like in a week. And I think I'm one and done with that site. I would do a few surveys every once in a while but it got hella annoying when you were a couple of minutes in a survey and boom, you're hit with a "here, take 25 cents and fuck off."

[quote name='DT778']I recently got one of those gamestop cards and I received it like in a week. And I think I'm one and done with that site. I would do a few surveys every once in a while but it got hella annoying when you were a couple of minutes in a survey and boom, you're hit with a "here, take 25 cents and fuck off."[/QUOTE]

Yeah it sort of sucks, but I hadn't used it in like 6 months and finally decided to do another one a couple weeks ago. I was at ~$30 and got up to $52 in that 2-3 week period, so it's not that bad -- better than a lot of other sites like that anyways. To be fair, companies that put out surveys on sites like that need viable data and if you answer one of the questions that they use to filter out bias then it's nice of them to give you even that quarter. I definitely know how you feel though.

[quote name='tiredfornow']We did, but we've been working it out. Just needed a break from her shenanigans. It was rough having your bitch ditch you over and over to play a japanese video game with some bros.[/QUOTE]
I hate bros more than anything in the whole wurl.

[quote name='flowery']Well everyone, see you in hell.[/QUOTE]

I'll race you there.

Number83, it was good knowing you. You may be saved, but we'll be the ones partying. It'll be like a damned family reunion down there.

Well, I figure it'll start at either 1 or 2 am EST. I figure because, there's less population in the midwest, so god, being this large being, can take up more space since there's less people fighting him for said space. Also explains why the population is pushed to the east and west coasts respectively.

Also, my last post for the night. I find it ironic that the end of the this OTT is falling on the same day as the supposed end of the world.

[quote name='flowery']Well everyone, see you in hell.[/QUOTE]

Did you apply there?

You probably won't get in.
I couldn't help it. If I wasn't going there before, I am now. See you there! :wave:

[quote name='munch']Do you think Hogan might have been secretly involved in Macho Man's crash?[/QUOTE]

The way Iron Shiek carries on about Macho Man on the Stern show I'm pretty sure he might be involved somehow. BUT HE LOVES ELIZABETH!!!

If you guys have a Micro Center near you there is a misprint for the weekend ad:
990woh.png

80GB refurb for $109 instead of $209.

My store honors misprints if you get there before they put the correction signs up.
Per SD an 80GB trades in for about $140 at Amazon.

Most stores have a bin with flyers at the entrance.

I woke up at 4:30 to take my wife to the airport for a 6:50. Of course it got canceled, and now we have to wait until 10:50. The airport with 2 tired kids is not fun.

[quote name='munch']I woke up at 4:30 to take my wife to the airport for a 6:50. Of course it got canceled, and now we have to wait until 10:50. The airport with 2 tired kids is not fun.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's why you weren't on last night.

Oh my god.
I can't believe 5 years or so, there are still some hardcore wii fanboys. And they seem more dense than ever.
I apologize if I ever acted this way. I came to my senses.

Thank god. They get so defensive, but will never get to experience some of the best games this gen. Then they always throw out HURRRR MARIO GALAXY!

Mario Galaxy WAS good! But I didn't need the whole SHAKE CONTROLLER FOR LULZ.
I hope the next system is like a bad ass N64 gamecube :lol:

I thought Galaxy was mediocre. On par with Sunshine. SM64 shits all over both of them. I hope the next Mario game is a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally liked Super Paper Mario and Mario Bros Wii the best. I can't wait for them to ruin the new LoZ game by adding unnecessary waggle. SHAKE CONTROLLER TO DRINK MILK. STAND ON BALANCE BOARD, DO YOGA TO THROW BOMBS.

I liked SMG. First mario game I've finished in a while. But saying that, I havent touched my Wii in like 6 months. The thing is just used as a scale now.

"So it say the world going to end tomorrow. I saw it on internet. Hey. Where you going to be tomorrow? " -Vietnamese co-worker. (Who despite having lived here 10-15 years proudly flaunts her poor english. "She talk too American".)

I thought Galaxy was better than SMS, but I'd have to go back and re-play M64 to see if it's as good as I remember.

I think Galaxy 2 was the last game I played.

I have like $12 in Gamestop credit..and Goldeneye is $18 used. I know it'll suck, but I miss playing that one mission.. where you are in a cell, and Natalya is next to you and you have to escape and protect her. :rofl: I spent hours just.. shooting her for no reason.

My nephew's birthday is tomorrow (he turns 4) and they are getting him a Wii, :lol:, she wants me to get him a game.. but.. I don't know what to get -_-

I wish the "Nintendo Selects" had a larger, better option. Wii Sports should not be a standalone $20 game O_O

If the next Nintendo console is basically their version of a 360/PS3 with regular controls, I'm all over it. Anything else and I'm ignoring it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back