The Eyes of Bayonetta: Art Book & DVD $31.49 pre-order @ Amazon

[quote name='dcon agent 000']No it doesn't. It makes it better. The gameplay was not just okay, it was awesome. The artstyle was awesome too. Better than those other boring games. Playing a generic ninja and a brooding retard gets old after some time.

Once you've played Bayonetta, there's no reason to play those other games. It sets the bar so high.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crazydom2']No, no they aren't. Bayonetta has amazing gameplay. I'm still discovering new techniques everytime I play the game. The sheer breadth of options it gives you in combat is mindblowing. I'm not hating on the other games. NGB and DMC3 are also two of my favorite games of all time, but Bayonetta stands right up there with them.[/QUOTE]Agreed on both points, and the DMC series is one of my favorite series ever.

Oh, and ordered. TY OP.

[quote name='GhostShark']If it was Hardcover, I would bite on this. Not a big fan of Paperbacks. Maybe they should've included the game? Seems lackluster for a paperback book and DVD.

As for Bayonetta being the best hack and slash game of this generation? It's definitely up there, but it is a rather short game with meh music and a story that's been done before (but then again what story hasn't?).

I prefer Ninja Gaiden 2 over it because it was, overall, a much more challenging game with a better combat system. It is better than DMC4, there is no doubt about that, but going back a generation, is it better than DMC3? No way. DMC3 had a great story with one of the best antagonists (Vergil) out there. However, they are all great games with their own faults, just some greater than others.[/QUOTE]

Udon does publish some limited edition hardcovers to distribute at conventions (ex: San Diego Comic Con). They'll sometimes pop up on Udon's website if they have extras for $79.99 plus shipping. Given that this is already more expensive than other Udon books, I'm guessing a hardcover would be around $100.

i have the japanese version of this book. the majority of it is cg 3d models and fashion illustrations of multiple costume iterations. a few props, but very little environments. if u like costume design/fashion illustration and 3d models, its a great buy, but if you like more balanced artbooks ie darksiders artbook, god of war 3 artbook, or even the skyrim artbook, u might wanna save your money.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Just added it to my wishlist.

Shame they never did a reprint of the the Official Guide, though. I was lucky enough to get that thing from Amazon UK for about $35 including shipping just before they went out of stock. Now they go for ridiculous prices from third party sellers.

http://www.amazon.com/Bayonetta-Off...0039/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331745216&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

there are guide books that go for THAT MUCH???? i had no idea really just wow lol.

i suppose i can preorder and cancel anytime so no biggie. as for best action games. platinum has had a few good ones this gen. mad world as amazing, bayonetta of course and we cannot forget vanquish that was just an amazing 5 hours of game.

FYI for people who haven't pre-ordered much stuff from Udon. Whatever their initial release date is, add about 4-8 months to it. I had no doubt this would get pushed back to late this year or early next year since almost every other thing I have pre-ordered from them has. The wait is worth it since other than the way they do their book bindings, they release very good products and translations.

[quote name='Wompdevil']FYI for people who haven't pre-ordered much stuff from Udon. Whatever their initial release date is, add about 4-8 months to it. I had no doubt this would get pushed back to late this year or early next year since almost every other thing I have pre-ordered from them has. The wait is worth it since other than the way they do their book bindings, they release very good products and translations.[/QUOTE]

I'm amazed they haven't changed their bindings over the years. The issue is two-fold: really thick paper stock and horrendous glue.

When I first played through Bayonetta I thought it was a good game, but no DMC3. I came back to it a year later and found out how wrong I was. I believe the real game starts when you start going for pure platinum medals. It's a short game if all you want to do is beat it once and toss it aside. It's not a short game if you are trying to truly complete it. It's not a hard game when you don't care about your rating. I'm 80+ hours into it and I'm not even close to completing the game. I still have to unlock Jeanne, Zero, complete the lost chapter, and get a ton of pure platinum medals.

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']When I first played through Bayonetta I thought it was a good game, but no DMC3. I came back to it a year later and found out how wrong I was. I believe the real game starts when you start going for pure platinum medals. It's a short game if all you want to do is beat it once and toss it aside. It's not a short game if you are trying to truly complete it. It's not a hard game when you don't care about your rating. I'm 80+ hours into it and I'm not even close to completing the game. I still have to unlock Jeanne, Zero, complete the lost chapter, and get a ton of pure platinum medals.[/QUOTE]

i agree unfortunently i have tendon problems or something in my hand so pure button mashers like this that require a lot of freakin button mashing are impossible for me. otherwise i would love to play through this game again but my run through on normal was fun enough.

bread's done
Back