The Faculty blu-ray 5.99 @ Best Buy

clawfrombelow

CAGiversary!
Just picked up a copy of The Faculty on blu at my local best buy. It isn't scheduled for release until the end of the month and is listed 12.99 online. It can be found in a 5.99 bin instore. Will upload photo when I get home.

I'd be down with this, but all the big BBs around here are changing their layout and its chaos inside there. A lot of stuff has been moved around, or taken away. Too bad its not online for an easy in-store pickup. Surprisingly, I don't even have this film on DVD and its the only film Jean Grey has ever looked hot in (IMO)..

[quote name='dashrendar']Yeah I saw this too, was the only movie in the 5.99 bin that stood out.[/QUOTE]

Agree...usually I see those cheap blu-ray bins and just pass it up. But I looked this time and saw that. I was actually planning on buying it when it releases, so it was a great deal for me.

[quote name='dashrendar']Yeah I saw this too, was the only movie in the 5.99 bin that stood out.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I saw it the other day too. This is a great guilty pleasure movie. John Stewart gives his best on screen performance in this film in my opinion. Hilarious.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Looks to be getting re-released at the end of this month, which is probably why it's in the bargain bin. Great movie!![/QUOTE]

From the OP, I get the impression the $5.99 version is the re-release.

Is there a current US release? Amazon only lists the Canadian version from 2010.

^^when I looked at Amazon, it didn't even look like there had been a previous BD release, at least not the US, just the DVD copy. Crazy thing is the artwork is the same as the DVD on this BD, there are ZERO special features. 1999 film date, 2012 BD packaging date..

I picked up the last copy today at a store I stopped by. Had a price sticker indicated $5.99 with a barcode right next to it, looked like a new format to me. I did not notice if the cashier scanned the barcode on the back or the one on the price tag, but it was $6 in the system, so no problem..

Yeah this is the only US release of The Faculty, the sku on the front matches the sku online of the bd that "releases" at the end of the month.

This is a very fun "horror" movie. It's not really that scary, the teachers are a bit creepy at points though. More of a paranoia movie.

Picked up a copy today. Kind of strange getting a BD that has zero bonus features. Heck, they had to list the pop-up menu just to flesh out the back of the box.

[quote name='WingsDJY']He was one of the teachers. Amazing how much younger he looks. Movie Clip[/QUOTE]

That's actually a great clip, makes me want to buy the movie now

Might have to pick it up!!
fac

bread's done
Back