The Farewell TFN OTT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']New York attitude should probably read "idiot NYC/NJ attitude"... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yep. My parents are originally from Jersey and 20 years in Texas reminded them why they left and how much they hate that shit.

Evil don't you have a degree in chemistry? If that is the case disregard my statement about the job market. All the pharmaceuticals here probably does mean there are several opportunities.

Do I have a NY attitude guise?! LULZZZZZZZ!

IMG189.jpg

Yeah dood!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Yep. My parents are originally from Jersey and 20 years in Texas reminded them why they left and how much they hate that shit.

Evil don't you have a degree in chemistry? If that is the case disregard my statement about the job market. All the pharmaceuticals here probably does mean there are several opportunities.[/QUOTE]

Biology, but apparently I have enough chemistry to get by. My girlfriend also found several job openings for geologists, what ever the fuck that job entails. I took quite a few geology courses, but I still have no idea what you would actually do.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Do I have a NY attitude guise?! LULZZZZZZZ!

IMG189.jpg

Yeah dood![/QUOTE]

Man, I spent so many hours listening to music in front of one of those.
The peg board wall and work bench set up looks just like my old man's work room in the basement. Does the room smell like hoppe's and rem oil. :)

Went to bed at 9pm, woke up at 12am, then at 2am, then 4am, and just stayed up. Vaccumed the floor and tried unsucessfully to use my new swiffer.

Don't work until 10am, trying to keep busy until it's time for work.

[quote name='seanr1221']The only geologist I know is Randy Marsh.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I know professors, but none that don't teach.

I got the job. Woop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to leave early tonight. Especially since last night was slow. But with two people taking vacation days today, and other people not wanting to work Fridays, there's two techs who are only working 4-5 hour shifts. Which means I have to cover their asses once they leave, forcing me to sit there and stare at the walls all night.

I am proud of my NY attitude. It (combined with my indulgence in profanity) apparently earned me the nickname of "Fucking New York" in freshman year.

Was just told we couldn't visit Yammer at work until an offical company announcement was made. Had never even heard of the site before. Now I want to see what it is.

Ick. The last thing I want to do is "connect with my coworkers".

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I am proud of my NY attitude. It (combined with my indulgence in profanity) apparently earned me the nickname of "Fucking New York" in freshman year.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think someone from the Poughkeepsie area would have a NYC attitude. At least not the kind that Casey was talking about; Pok is too far out of the city for that. :cool:

The profanity though? I cuss like a fucking sailor and I'm not ashamed to admit it. :cool:
I just hate the general ignorance and "I don't give a fuck about anything else, NYC and my immediate surroundings are all that exist" of the typical city dweller... that, to me, is the NY attitude Casey was talking about (people from Boston tend to have it too).

I grew up in Queens. I only actually lived upstate for four years before I moved to Washington. NYC is all that exists. No matter how long I'm away, I only feel like I'm home when I'm there.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I grew up in Queens. I only actually lived upstate for four years before I moved to Washington. NYC is all that exists. No matter how long I'm away, I only feel like I'm home when I'm there.[/QUOTE]

Well, that would explain it. Especially the "Poughkeepsie is upstate" comment. :lol:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Fucking Yonkers is upstate to me. Any higher than Albany is fucking Canada.[/QUOTE]

Y-O! I grew up right off Bronx River Road near the last stop of the 2. My parents moved to POK when I was in school.

HP dropped their Touchpad tablets yesterday to $100 (16gb) and $150 (32gb). These were just released like 2 months ago so the whole internet is going apeshit over it. Most likely if you didnt purchase them last night, its gonna be pretty hard to find now considering most places are sending in their inventory back to HP or they're already sold out.

[quote name='seanr1221']Any point of getting a TouchPad if you already have an iPad?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. WebOS is really nice, but functionally it's still a tablet at the end of the day.

Though I'm interested to see what the dev community starts doing with it now. The push is already being made to get Android on it.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Probably not. WebOS is really nice, but functionally it's still a tablet at the end of the day.

Though I'm interested to see what the dev community starts doing with it now. The push is already being made to get Android on it.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice if you could (easily) load android on it.

Walmart is down the street from me, but by this point it probably isn't worth looking.

Going to wally-mart today for other sundries. Will check on tablets. Don't expect there to be any left. Although I can't imagine any of the 400+ lb people there in the motorized scooters would be interested in one. Would make a cheap e-reader or maybe an educational toy for the kids.

Man, I am always torn on online deals because any money I save I want to spend it on faster shipping...which of course defeats the entire purpose of a deal.

48 at for B3 is decent but I can probably do a gamestop switcharoo for about that price anyway.

Speaking for gamestop is anyone benefiting from their rewards program? Its arcade style, redeem a small amount of points for crappy useless items or save up for 4 years for any one useful item. Cant figure out if I should just ignore it complete for a couple years and then just be surprised at how many points I have.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Speaking for gamestop is anyone benefiting from their rewards program? Its arcade style, redeem a small amount of points for crappy useless items or save up for 4 years for any one useful item. Cant figure out if I should just ignore it complete for a couple years and then just be surprised at how many points I have.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing. I know I've racked up a ton by pre-ordering and purchasing expensive collectors editions (DNF and Witcher 2 come to mind) but I've never actually looked at my points total or potential rewards.

Download for Bodycount demo complete
Quick Launch Bodycount demo
*2 min later
Are you sure you want to delete Bodycount demo?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back