The Fate of Xbox Live post Xbox 360?

spideymike

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard if MS is planning on keeping XBL at the same plateau and price level it is now when the Xbox 360 debuts? I would assume they would, but didn't hear anything about it. I apologize if this has been posted somewhere.

Thanks,
Mike

Man, I hope Live isn't free every weekend for Silver members. Hell, they could make it a Wednesday or something. Its not that I wanna see people get ripped off, but if its free on the weekends the yahoos are gonna be out in mass. And without headsets, ugh.

Thanks. This helps. I would be nicer if MS dropped the price of XBL for plain old Xbox owners. I guess we'll know more in a few more months on price points.

The regular Xbox Live as you know it now, will be Xbox Live "Gold". All the stuff you have now, plus the new stuff, etc.

The free version of Xbox Live will be Xbox Live Silver. You can download content and stuff, but you can't play games online, except for a free weekend every once in a while, won't be every weekend. Basically, you can do just about everything except play the games online.

Prices for Gold are going to be about the same as they are now.

It should be pretty seamless transfer with the XB Live from XB to XB360.

I bought the $40 12-month Crimson Skies starter kit from Ecost earlier in the summer but I've yet to open it.

bread's done
Back