The feeling of playing your first system

ex0

CAGiversary!
I remember the day I got my first system (Genesis) back when I was younger. The feeling of putting in the cartidge for the first time was just magical. I still get a nice feeling when I get a new system, but there's nothing like that first one. Maybe I'm crazy but does/has anyone else felt this way?

My first system i played was genesis...i think i was like 4 when we got it so i dont remember it...But the first system I got was when I was 7 it was an NES...It was amazing...I played duck hunt and mario FOREVER...I cant imagine a greater feeling

[quote name='karmapolice620']My first system i played was genesis...i think i was like 4 when we got it so i dont remember it...But the first system I got was when I was 7 it was an NES...It was amazing...I played duck hunt and mario FOREVER...I cant imagine a greater feeling[/quote]

I did that too. Except the first console I played was the NES and second was Genny. I totally Shaq'd up my eyes playing Mario, but I don't think I'll ever regret it.

First VG type thing.. VIC 20....
first console.. Intellvision... Felt like we were in the 'upper echelon'

Mine was a Fairchild Channel F but it was more of a novelty.
I think I was more excited with the Atari because of Space Invaders, though.

Just like most other things, that initial excitement can never be repeated. You can come close; when I got my PS2 shortly after launch, I was pretty geeked.

I got an NES for Christmas. I was in my grandparent's house and hooked it up and was on top of the world the rest of the day playing Super Mario Brothers.

That was my most memorable Christmas gift ever.

My first system was an Intellvivsion. Those were the days. The only time that experience was ever repeated was with my Genny and My PS1. Those were simpler times.

mine was the nes, but that wasnt mine it was my cousins we took from her... my first personal console was the snes. Thats probly why its still my favorite system. Its got such great games.

Well I was about 3 or 4 playing the Colecovision, and I didn't know what the hell was going on. So my first feeling was confusion.

Atari 7800 for me. Best Christmas ever. I don't think my parents knew what sort of monster they were unleashing when they got me that system, but it was the greatest gift I never knew I wanted.

My older brother always got the new systems because me and my little brother were too young to warrant buying an expensive ass system, so we didn't get to actually own our first system until we were about six or seven.

Here's the story.

So my brother ends up getting an NES, but the asshole never let us play it. So me and my little brother were stuck playing the old Atari.

Well, we got to see how damn cool the NES was, so we started hasslin' the old man to get us one. This was about four or five months before Christmas. Everytime we'd bring up the subject, he'd get all pissed off and tell us he wasn't going to spend that much money on an Imtendo. (Parents have some weird inability to properly pronounce video games for some reason.)

So, we don't give up the fight. Almost daily we'd bring up the subject, and everytime we'd get shot down. So Christmas rolls around, and we get tons of kick ass stuff. A buncha G.I. Joes, an awesome Noid doll that I still have. Well, every Christmas, my parents bought us a Big present that me and my little brother had to share.

The thought of an NES never even passed our minds. That is until we tore the wrapping, and I saw that picture of that nice light gun. I almost pissed my He-man underwear!

We hooked that mofo up like we were seasoned veterans and got to the gaming goodness that had been alluding us for months. The feeling of seeing Mario and Duck Hunt on our very own t.v. was one of the best feelings I've ever felt.

My first system was a Fairchild. I still have it and it works. People think I am crazy when I tell them about it since no one seems to know about it. I've had everything since then, but really my Intellivision was the first system I recognized as a system and was excited about. Hell, I was excited about playing Halo yesterday after a year of not playing it.

NES was my first system, and I think I got it in 1987. I remember the days when you put the catridge in, and the game actually worked properly! Playing Duck Hunt, Mario, World Class Track Meet (on the Powerpad!) and the wealth of other awesome games between my neighbor and I. Then, you had to start hitting it to keep the graphics from funking up or the game from freezing. Those were the days...

first system i remember playing was my grandads NES.. only games i ever played when he had it was Mario/duckhunt, Digdug, that karate game .. i actually think that was it.. lmao.. but i played the hell out of em.

first system i owned was Genesis.. i only had like ..6-8 games for this... i had sonic (not sure which one), aladdin, lion king, toe jam and earl, i cant even remember the other one or 2 that i had..

i also remember that the genesis itself, (model 2 i believe).. came with 2 of those games.. sonic and either aladdin or lion king..

i dont have many memories of the first time playing these consoles..

at the time i was playing NES, it was my first experience with video games.. i wasnt going in the video game sections of stores ( i was probably 5 yrs old) ... same with when i got the genesis... i wasnt watching video game commercials, i wasnt going to the video game sections of stores..

this also is weird to me.. i worked during the summer sometime maybe a year after the PSX's release, and saved up money and i decided "i'm gettin a ps1".... i have no clue where i found out about it.. i went into the store knowing nothing about sega saturn, N64, Sega Dreamcast or anything.. i remember walkin into the store (i was with my dad) and i was like.. heres the playstation, i'm gettin this one.. and my dads like.. hey what about this one.. its $200 (n64) and i was like... no i'm gettin playstation.. then he's like... hey this ones $300 (dreamcast) .. i believe thats how much the dreamcast was, but i'm not sure..

anyways i cant believe how i had no clue about N64 and Dreamcast or anything besides Playstation.

but i have no real big memories of my first system

My first system was a Coleco telstar (Pong clone), I was 4 at the time, and it was amusing my next system was an Atari 2600 bought at a K-mart , our first games were Breakout, Combat, Adventure, Asteroids and Space Invaders. Oh man, it was incredible! Then I got Defender and really went to town. I played that game inside and outside, there were moments I could play the mutant levels with my eyes closed and not skip a beat. The first system that I supported financially was a NES, the first game my brother Adam and I had was Karate Champ by Data East.. I hate that game... I was SO 0wnz3d by my brother... So sad.. To make it better for me, my dad gave me a quick loan and I bought The Legend of Zelda for 29.99 from Toys R us.. Oh man, gaming greatness. I was amazed at that awesome game, and couldn't believe how large it was, and the 2nd quest as well. Other games followed, Castlevania, DW, RBI baseball etc.. But none will ever have the awesome memories of Zelda.

I got an NES with Skate or Die and Magic Johnson's Fast Break for x-mas when I was like 9 years old. I still love the Skate or Die theme song, and I remember loving Fast Break, despite the fact that it was probably a piece of shit. Best Christmas ever, I'd say.

the first system i got was an atari something, im not sure which one but i remember clearly the first day. me and my bros were always running off to the arcades but we'd never had or even heard of a home console at the time. anyway my uncle pulled it out of his closet for the first time (it was from my dad) and letting me c it, i was confused at first but then when i saw the back of the box with the pics of the games i understood automatically. i was so excited i ran around the house telling everyone and finally settling down to play after like half an hour. i packed that thing in every night and held it while i slept (i was like 6 or so then). ever since then getting consoles has been getting less and less exciting. next i got the nes, genesis, and snes in that order over a few years. it was almost just as exciting. the psx, n64, dc and the current next gen consoles although had little of that buzz i felt when i first held the systems.

yeah my family had an atari but I was like 4 and don't have too many memories of it. It was kinda anti-climatic when I got my NES for my bday. I was with my parents when we got it at Sears. But it had to sit in my parents closet for like 3 weeks. I thought I had to wait for xmas to get it but my parents gave it to me early on my bday. Mario was the best. I was so happy when I beat 1-4. I thought I was the freaking man when I did that.

My dad brought home an NES the day before my 5th birthday. Summer had just began, and he said we could stay up as late as we wanted to play. We spent hours just trying to get to the 1st Bowser, and I fell asleep, but my dad kept on. I woke up beofre he did the next morning, we were both still on the couch. I shook my dad awake, and he looked at me and told me that he beat the 1st Bowser! I flipped! I've been playing games ever since.

I also remember being at my aunt's house for Christmas a few years later, I think I was 8 at the time. I walked in the living room and watched my cousin turn on the NES, and saw the opening screen of Zelda, with the sword and the waterfall, and the music was so calm and pretty...

I nearly shit my pants after first figuring out how to hookup my shiny new NES I got used (CAG from day one, baby) and the adrenaline rush of playing the Super Mario/Duck Hunt/ World Track meet combo was so cool.
:cry: TEARS OF JOY!
BTW: Of all classic 8-bit games there are, World Class Track Meet with the Power pad (DDR pads great grandpappy) was so cool. Me and my friends would mash the thing to death to see who could win the long jump, 100 meter dash, etc.).

I used to go over my grandpa's house when I was little, about 4 or 5 years old. They had a Super Nintendo, and I played it all the time there because it was so fun, me and my sister would always go down in their basement and play. Then, when that day came that the grandparents got an N64 (I think it was about 95) They handed the Super Nintendo over to us as a gift. I was so ecstatic, it was so great to be able to play in my own home. I cherished it like it was my love, and ever since then when I was 6 I've loved playing video games so much.

I had a TRS-80, Timex Sinclair, and a VIC-20... though these filled me with profane magical feelings, and a warmth about the groin region, the NES really cemented my addiction.

I remember opening up that black plastic garbage bag, and seeing the sight of that box... every night I would read the box, the instruction manual, the game manual, before I played. I even recorded videos of my friends and I playing the games on the TV...

of course, my infatuation turned to jealously when I saw my friend with his master system and Phantasy Star, and the realization that we had nothing anywhere near that awesome in the RPG realm... but Blaster Master helped to assauge my worries, even though it wasn't an RPG. Such music!

bread's done
Back