The Force Unleashed, Rock Band (X360) Free AR at FYE

I got spy pics! J/K. They are messy but should be clear enough to see most items on sale. I don't know store prices so if anything pops out then please let us know.

Details...
- Games must be purchased by 8/11/09
- Rebate must be postmarked by 9/11/09
- Only one rebate form per envelope
- Only one rebate per item, per household
- Rebates in the amount of $20 or more will be in the form of a Visa pre-paid Card

DEALS
($Price/$MIR)
:360:
Gears of War 1 $???/$25
Halo 3 Standard $40/$25
Halo 3 Limited $40/$30
Halo 3 Legendary $70/$30
Rock Band 1 $30/$30
Star Wars Force Unleashed $30/$30

:ps3:
Rock Band 1 ???/$30 (possibly FAR)
Star Wars Force Unleashed ???/$30 (possibly FAR)

10defrr.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/10defrr.jpg

15edz0k.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/15edz0k.jpg

16baiqe.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/16baiqe.jpg

10pbzax.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/10pbzax.jpg

Backup Links
http://uploader.ws/upload/200908/FYErebates01.jpg
http://uploader.ws/upload/200908/FYErebates02.jpg
http://uploader.ws/upload/200908/FYErebates03.jpg
http://uploader.ws/upload/200908/FYErebates04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure what the rebate number would be. it says P7 0715 Video Games Rebate on the form

they had a bunch of other rebates but nothing looked terribly attractive. Jumper: Griffin was $5 after rebate but that seemed $5 too high.

gah! These guys are a pain in the ass. I checked their online site and it doesn't even look like you can download a copy of their rebates. You have to go to a store to get the rebate printout.

It also seems like you have to submit the rebate and wait for a tracking number in order to look it up online.

http://www.fyerebates.com/promocenter/fye/

Bah. Stopped in at the nearest store today, and they didn't have Rock Band in stock. They couldn't look up whether any other local stores have it either. Not sure if it's worth driving around all over the region looking for it or not. I wish FYE would catch up with the times and get online stock checking, like pretty much every other store out there has these days.

I was in FYE yesterday and saw a display with several games with MIRs. I really did not pay too much attention. I did not think they were that good of deals. They had games for the PS3, Wii, and Xbox360 on the shelf display.

I wouldn't mind trying Force Unleased for the price of free. Though I'll probably await confirmation that this is national

We need inside help. There are at least 30 items with MIR's and its spread across all systems. It was not marked at the display where they kept their games. I asked to look at their promos and the guy busted out a spreadsheet with several items listed. I think it ends on 8/11

Here are some Mail-in-Rebate amounts off the top of my head...

$30 Saints Row 2 (Store price is $40 for Standard and Collectors. Couldn't tell if MIR was for Collectors)
$30 Rock Band
$30 Halo 3 Limited (Store price is $40)
$30 Halo 3 Legendary (Store price is $70)
$25 or $15 Halo 3 Standard (I can't remember which MIR it was. Store price is $40)
$25 Gears of wa... (probably GeoW2. The rest was cut off)
$20 X-Blades (Store price is $40)
$15 Street Fighter IV
$15 Fear 2
$10 Resident Evil V
$?? Smackdown vs Raw 2009 (final price is $20. I forgot the MIR amount)

[quote name='DoNxBeAsTo']How does the MIR work? You buy the game, i got that far on my own. lol. Please forgive my noobish question.[/QUOTE]

:newbie:

Sorry, I've never actually been able to use that before...

Anyways, I assume you haven't used a MIR for any other past purchase?

Almost all MIRs involve you:

- Making a purchase on a qualifying purchase.

- Filling out the MIR form (either via a receipt/printoff or online)

* General information includes name, address, contact info, in some cases serial or model numbers of the product

- A cut-out of the UPC (little barcode printed on almost all items for purchase

- Mail the whole package off and play the waiting game.

FWIW, my rebate from the Halo 3 deal they had a while back took about the normal amount of time for a rebate (i.e., 6+ weeks). But I think this is the first time I've received a rebate in form of a pre-paid Visa card. Pretty cool, though I don't mind receiving checks-- as long as the rebate actually processes & reaches me, I'm good :)

MIR's suck so much... I've always gotten mine, but when I worked at Verizon....I could tell you some stories!
Anyways my local FYE only sells movies and music, is that common? I went in looking for games and they had none...then I looked at their sign and it just said FYE movie + Music. I knew I had been in FYE's that had games....

any more confirmation on this? Or is it a YMMV thing? And I know stores that dont sell games will obviously not have it..but is it YMMV on stores with games?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']
- A cut-out of the UPC (little barcode printed on almost all items for purchase[/QUOTE]

One thing worth noting with the FYE rebates -- instead of cutting the UPC out of your game, you can usually send the FYE price sticker with the barcode on it instead. I know that I avoided them for a long time because I didn't want to cut up the packaging on my games and DVDs, but I was told this by an employee of the store and have seen it confirmed on several internet forums (I recently sent my first one, so I haven't confirmed it for myself yet). I'd say to check with the store on individual rebates (because this might not work if it's, say, a manufacturer's rebate instead of an FYE one), but in general it should work.

[quote name='Japakneez']gah! These guys are a pain in the ass. I checked their online site and it doesn't even look like you can download a copy of their rebates. You have to go to a store to get the rebate printout.

It also seems like you have to submit the rebate and wait for a tracking number in order to look it up online.

http://www.fyerebates.com/promocenter/fye/[/QUOTE]
Huh, that's odd. Last time I did a rebate there (late 2008) they had the option to pre-submit your rebate (meaning you fill out your information, print a page with a tracking number/barcode and mail it with everything else). This meant you could look up all available rebates during whatever date you entered as your purchase date.

Bummer you can't seem to do that anymore. It was pretty handy to check for current rebates.

$25 Gears of wa... (probably GeoW2. The rest was cut off)
Does this mean GoW2 is a possible $15 after MIR ($40 - $25)? Can anyone else confirm this?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']One thing worth noting with the FYE rebates -- instead of cutting the UPC out of your game, you can usually send the FYE price sticker with the barcode on it instead. I know that I avoided them for a long time because I didn't want to cut up the packaging on my games and DVDs, but I was told this by an employee of the store and have seen it confirmed on several internet forums (I recently sent my first one, so I haven't confirmed it for myself yet). I'd say to check with the store on individual rebates (because this might not work if it's, say, a manufacturer's rebate instead of an FYE one), but in general it should work.[/QUOTE]

thanks i was just going to ask about this - i think it was mentioned in the last halo3 rebate deal thread... i still don't have halo3 so been waiting for a good time to finally pick it up

[quote name='monkeystud']
Anyways my local FYE only sells movies and music, is that common? I went in looking for games and they had none...then I looked at their sign and it just said FYE movie + Music. I knew I had been in FYE's that had games....[/QUOTE]

The one closest to where I live did not sell games until 2 or 3 months ago. Prior to that, they claimed they didn't have enough space for games even though their store was about 10x the size of the one downtown that does sell games.

Might want to ask if they have any plans to start selling games.

[quote name='The SPism']thanks i was just going to ask about this - i think it was mentioned in the last halo3 rebate deal thread... i still don't have halo3 so been waiting for a good time to finally pick it up[/QUOTE]

Just to add to my earlier post, I used the price tag w/ barcode for my Halo 3 rebate several weeks ago & it worked fine.

Are they different rebates for Rockband and the force unleashed? I might pick up both if it different.

I assume this is for new games only? My FYE stopped carrying new game & only carries used games now.

Wow. On one hand, I'm really tempted to go and get this. Free game is free.

On the other, it's a half hour each way (meaning I'd have to buy gas), and The Force Unleashed is due to be rereleased this fall with the DLC and new content on the disc, presumably at a Greatest Hits price of $20 or $30. This, and there's no guarantee that the store would even have it in stock. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Wow. On one hand, I'm really tempted to go and get this. Free game is free.

On the other, it's a half hour each way (meaning I'd have to buy gas), and The Force Unleashed is due to be rereleased this fall with the DLC and new content on the disc, presumably at a Greatest Hits price of $20 or $30. This, and there's no guarantee that the store would even have it in stock. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

You could always call and check stock.

[quote name='Japakneez'] $25 Gears of wa... (probably GeoW2. The rest was cut off)[/QUOTE]
Well, I called two FYE's in my area and both said there was no rebate on GoW2. The second store said there was a rebate on the first though. I didn't confirm how much, but this might be referring to $25 off the first GoW. Possibly a really good deal on the first one if you don't have it already.

Man, I'm all about getting updates, but it would be great to get some SOLID information from someone whose store can confirm these MIRs and what games apply to them.

Force Unleashed rebate confirmed for Chicago, IL.

There were quite a few small placards underneath the games saying how much of rebate there was. Looked like official printed materials, not manager's specials.

Picked up the only copy of Force Unleashed and Rock Band at my local FYE. The Force Unleashed didn't have the rebate sticker on it, but it rang up with the rebate no problem.

They also had Gears of War ($25 rebate) at $39.99, making it $15 afterwards and Spiderwick Chronicles ($25 rebate) for $29.99, making it $5 afterward on both the Wii and 360.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Man, I'm all about getting updates, but it would be great to get some SOLID information from someone whose store can confirm these MIRs and what games apply to them.[/QUOTE]

IMO it's tough to get any solid info about FYE. There doesn't seem to be much uniformity among stores, and even within individual stores they sometimes can't make their minds up on what they're doing.

Stopped by another store last night looking for Rock Band, no luck -- there were two used copies, but the rebate is only on new ones. The guy there said they probably wouldn't be getting any in (awesome job, FYE, run a rebate on something you don't even intend to stock). While I'd love to get it for free, between the gas and time to look for it (with the chance of finding it apparently being slim) and the hassle of the mail-in rebate, it's not worth the effort. :whistle2:(

I'm playing The Force Unleashed right now, and the game is phenomenal. I'd read some professional reviews that said it was a must play for Star Wars fans, and I completely agree. It's supposed to be cannon, and it's actually good enough, and actually...well just play it!

[quote name='donburns99']Picked up the only copy of Force Unleashed and Rock Band at my local FYE. The Force Unleashed didn't have the rebate sticker on it, but it rang up with the rebate no problem.

They also had Gears of War ($25 rebate) at $39.99, making it $15 afterwards and Spiderwick Chronicles ($25 rebate) for $29.99, making it $5 afterward on both the Wii and 360.[/QUOTE]

wow that gears rebate sucks. most stores are selling gears 1 for $20 now.

[quote name='arcane93']Stopped by another store last night looking for Rock Band, no luck -- there were two used copies, but the rebate is only on new ones. The guy there said they probably wouldn't be getting any in (awesome job, FYE, run a rebate on something you don't even intend to stock). While I'd love to get it for free, between the gas and time to look for it (with the chance of finding it apparently being slim) and the hassle of the mail-in rebate, it's not worth the effort. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]I've found some good deals at the only game carrying FYE in my area when there are sales or clearances. However, all five or six times I've gone to get a game or HDDVD drive with a rebate it has been out of stock from the beginning. They're always out, they always say they haven't had it in stock for awhile, and they always say they have no clue if they'll get it back in, but they doubt it. I wouldn't have bothered this time, but I really want STFU.

hmm wondering if i want to pick up stfu and rock band.. the copy of rb they have is gutted but for free after rebate I guess it's not too bad

I'm a little surprised you guys are finding anything - I think this one might be dead.

I went in for The Force Unleashed, and found a copy (marked $62.99 :shock). After checking that it rang up for $30, I pulled out my wallet, paid...and, nothing. No rebate printed, and they weren't able to find a way to make the rebate print. The manager came over to check, and she said that the rebates weren't in the system anymore and the sale was over. Then, she began taking the signs down.

I did get the rebate on my copy (in the form of instantaneous chargeback), but I wasn't able to pick up any of the remaining copies for my nerdy friends or for trading here. I also wasn't able to pick up any of the other games mentioned here, but my store was out of most of the titles with rebates anyway.

For what it's worth, this was at least a week old before it got posted here. I saw the signs up last week Tuesday while I was out shopping for my sister's birthday present, but between my FYE's refusal to mark down the sticker price on anything and the fact that, even then, half the titles weren't on the shelves, it didn't look like anything special during that trip.

So...it might be over, or it might be YMMV. Either way, I got a copy of The Force Unleashed for free without any rebates or any money out of pocket for sales tax or stamps, so I can't complain. :D

[quote name='arcane93']One thing worth noting with the FYE rebates -- instead of cutting the UPC out of your game, you can usually send the FYE price sticker with the barcode on it instead. I know that I avoided them for a long time because I didn't want to cut up the packaging on my games and DVDs, but I was told this by an employee of the store and have seen it confirmed on several internet forums (I recently sent my first one, so I haven't confirmed it for myself yet). I'd say to check with the store on individual rebates (because this might not work if it's, say, a manufacturer's rebate instead of an FYE one), but in general it should work.[/QUOTE]

My store said that just sending the sticker might be YMMV. She has had customers have it processed no problem, and others kicked back. She said it was at the discretion of the individual rebate processor.

I can confirm SW:TFU was $29.99 with the $30 rebate in Tampa, FL. Grabbed the last one @ Citrus Park.

[quote name='donniedroc']My store said that just sending the sticker might be YMMV. She has had customers have it processed no problem, and others kicked back. She said it was at the discretion of the individual rebate processor.

I can confirm SW:TFU was $29.99 with the $30 rebate in Tampa, FL. Grabbed the last one @ Citrus Park.[/QUOTE]

The rebate itself says the sale is good till 8-11-09

Well crap. I JUST bought Force Unleased last month at FYE. If I'd known I could get it for free if I'd just waited two damn weeks...gah...

I'm thinking you can get the rebate form here from RebatesHQ.com. Just search for Trans World Entertainment, they own FYE.

I picked up Halo 3 Limited edition... unfortunately I think I got suckered into their VIP program... they told me it was free but now reading the fine print they can charge me $10 a month after the 30 day trial... it got me 10% off the purchase so eventually if this thing doesn't blow up in my face this could cost me about $8 after taxes etc...

the VIP also came with a mail in for a $20 gift card, but I'm worried that since it says 8-10weeks to process the gift card that they may try to extend the VIP in that period costing me $10 a month which equals major fail

either way lets hope everything goes smooth and i finally get to add a nice new halo 3 lmt ed to my collection for 8 beans!

if anyone has any experience w/ this vip nonsense feel free to shoot me your feedback

[quote name='The SPism']I picked up Halo 3 Limited edition... unfortunately I think I got suckered into their VIP program... they told me it was free but now reading the fine print they can charge me $10 a month after the 30 day trial... it got me 10% off the purchase so eventually if this thing doesn't blow up in my face this could cost me about $8 after taxes etc...

the VIP also came with a mail in for a $20 gift card, but I'm worried that since it says 8-10weeks to process the gift card that they may try to extend the VIP in that period costing me $10 a month which equals major fail

either way lets hope everything goes smooth and i finally get to add a nice new halo 3 lmt ed to my collection for 8 beans!

if anyone has any experience w/ this vip nonsense feel free to shoot me your feedback[/QUOTE]

I took the free trial back in May during the Halo 3 $5 sale, and canceling it wasn't hard at all - it was a phone call, a few questions (whether or not the gift card showed up; why I was canceling it) and no more membership. The gift card showed up pretty quickly, too. At least in my experience, it wasn't hard to end the trial.

Atleast for me, I'd think twice before I'd purchase anything from FYE again that involves rebates. I bought Halo 3 back when they had the $5 AR sale in May. Rebate was denied because they said I didn't send the UPC even though I did. Shady business practices by transworld.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I took the free trial back in May during the Halo 3 $5 sale, and canceling it wasn't hard at all - it was a phone call, a few questions (whether or not the gift card showed up; why I was canceling it) and no more membership. The gift card showed up pretty quickly, too. At least in my experience, it wasn't hard to end the trial.[/QUOTE]

oh okay good to hear thanks for making me feel better! hopefully this will turn out to be an awesome deal after some time

$8 for halo 3 limited + $20 gift card? def potential for awesome right there ... this could top landing it used for $5 at hollywood video which i couldn't find...

EDIT - also forgot to add! my local store was having 75% off all new original xbox games, not sure if this has been posted anywhere... could be YMMV even though FYE promos seem to be pretty wide spread? they also had flyers out for 20% trade in bonus brown bag special....

[quote name='steve967']Atleast for me, I'd think twice before I'd purchase anything from FYE again that involves rebates. I bought Halo 3 back when they had the $5 AR sale in May. Rebate was denied because they said I didn't send the UPC even though I did. Shady business practices by transworld.[/QUOTE]

Did you send the actual UPC, or the FYE sticker from the package? I cut the UPC off of the box, and got the rebate back quickly. I've heard it's hit-or-miss with the FYE package stickers, though.

bread's done
Back