The Free Indie Bundle now available - 5 indie games for free.

I was gonna make a snide comment like "Oh, what an original concept," until I realized that you simply CAN'T pay any amount for these. That makes it better. Guess they just want to promote some freeware games.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Thanks, OP!

Hmmm... this is all freeware so why make a bundle out of it?[/QUOTE]
Well personally I think a website like this with a rotation showcasing free Indie Games would be pretty sweet. I mean yes I know there are tons of freeware games available but if you showcase some of the best ones, with download links right there. I would be more open to trying them instead of having to search them out.

[quote name='kingtopher']I can vouch for Nitronic Rush and Stealth Bastard both being pretty great.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. Just tried both of them out and they are a ton of fun. I would actually pay for those games.

It's likely a marketing gimmick more than anything. Odds are people have only heard of one or two of the games available so it's a good way for all the games to get some spotlight time.

I don't blame them, the 'bundle' trend is likely the most popular thing to happen to indie games since Steam came around.

Check out the note at the very bottom of the page (after the comments). Kinda looks like some guy just "bundled" some free games together on his own as a goof. I'm not sure if he even got the permission of the game developers to "bundle" the games. Though if all he's doing is linking to pages where these games can be downloaded for free, I guess he wouldn't even need to get their permission.

[quote name='The End']Check out the note at the very bottom of the page (after the comments). Kinda looks like some guy just "bundled" some free games together on his own as a goof. I'm not sure if he even got the permission of the game developers to "bundle" the games. Though if all he's doing is linking to pages where these games can be downloaded for free, I guess he wouldn't even need to get their permission.[/QUOTE]

This, all the guy did was throw together a compilation of his favorite indie freeware games and made it resemble an indie bundle. There are better sites online with listings of freeware.

[quote name='igame']If you want a good list just check out Megazell's list on CAG.

Megazell even listed this free indie bundle earlier, a week earlier in fact.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244468&page=158[/QUOTE]

Definitely this. Megazell's contributions to the PC gaming area often goes unheralded simply because people use the Steam Deal and Indie Bundle threads to solely discuss their PC gaming habits and never venture over to that area.

[quote name='igame']If you want a good list just check out Megazell's list on CAG.

Megazell even listed this free indie bundle earlier, a week earlier in fact.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244468&page=158[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I often have a hard time finding that thread so I have to bookmark it. It's excellent and one of the infrequently unheralded awesome resource threads at CAG.

Also, I think some of the games in this "bundle" were student projects from DigiPen or something which is why they were free to begin with.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']Not to sound like an ungrateful tool, but do these activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

No, as stated before, this isn't a bundle, some guy just linked to some indie freeware games he liked and made the page look similar to a humble/gala/royale bundle so that it'd get more attention.

WOW. Nitronic rush is a GREAT and fun arcade game. Even supports eyefinity. These guys went all out. I hate when i pop in a newly released multimillion dollar game (COD 3) and doesn't even attempt to support eyefinity.

bread's done
Back