The FYE Coupon Thread

fairyland

CAGiversary!
Please check the last page in this thread to see the newest coupon. As of May 2010, It's been about 3 months without a 40% coupon, so I had changed the title to something more appropriate than 40% off as it seem unlikely we'd ever get those coupons again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes please, update needed.
cagus.smile.jpg

For anyone who missed out on the Thundercats sets at Big Lots, FYE has them on sale for $20 with a $10 rebate... add in the coupon and backstage pass 10% off and the total paid will be just over $6 apiece... this would apply to all other $20 sale sets with a $10 rebate as well... I picked up the two sets I didnt have, as well as the WCW dvd (on sale for $20... no rebate)

There is a 40% off coupon about one page back good now... Got dexter season 3 blu for about 21 after taxes yesterday... They also have south park and lost season 4 on blu that I will be picking up too

I just used the coupon yesterday at FYE.. thanks.

Got Ratatouile and Sleeping Beauty in BluRay for $21 after coupon at SunCoast.. not bad

I saw that one, I got it and used it for the new simpsons season.
Thanks

Are there any coming up next week or the week after? A bunch of dvds are coming out on the 15th and I was hoping there was going to be another coupon available.

[quote name='Afflicted']new coupons:

9/08 - 9/14

bspcoupon09082009.jpg

9/15 - 9/21

bspcoupon09142009.jpg

9/22 - 9/28

bspcoupon09212009.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! that is just what I wanted. Some good stuff comes out that week that I want to get.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']How much is the Backstage Pass?
Is it worth it to pick one up if I'm only going to use the 40% Coupon once and probably not go back there?[/QUOTE]

you can sign up for a free trial of the Backstage VIP card for one month and cancel it very easily before they start billing you for the next month... when you sign up you can also send in for a $20 gift card that usually takes about 3-4 weeks to receive...

so... they pay you $20 to do the free trial...

[quote name='Afflicted']you can sign up for a free trial of the Backstage VIP card for one month and cancel it very easily before they start billing you for the next month... when you sign up you can also send in for a $20 gift card that usually takes about 3-4 weeks to receive...

so... they pay you $20 to do the free trial...[/QUOTE]

Do you get a packet with the $20 gift card send in or something? I might do this but the employees at my local fye are clueless.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Do you get a packet with the $20 gift card send in or something? I might do this but the employees at my local fye are clueless.[/QUOTE]

There's a post card in the packet that you have to fill out and mail to them. It says you get the card in 6-8 weeks, but the clerk at my local FYE said it normally takes about 4 weeks. I signed up earlier this week and have gotten plenty of mileage out of the 40% coupon already. I might keep it another month if I get the gift card in time and there's another coupon.

[quote name='nonametofame']There's a post card in the packet that you have to fill out and mail to them. It says you get the card in 6-8 weeks, but the clerk at my local FYE said it normally takes about 4 weeks. I signed up earlier this week and have gotten plenty of mileage out of the 40% coupon already. I might keep it another month if I get the gift card in time and there's another coupon.[/QUOTE]

Okay I guess I'm in the clear, now hopefully I can find the TMNT bluray box set used. If it was something that the employees had to know I would have been screwed.

With the recent suncoast promotion of trading in two dvd's you can get a blu ray $20 or less for $5. The employees kept insisting to me that you just get $5 off the price even after I made them read their own signage.

Alright, another noob question:
With that 40% coupon, if I purchased 2 blurays, it would only discount one (the lowest priced?), or would it discount from both?

I'm thinking to use this to 'enhance' my collection, and wondering how many I should print up.

Better yet, use a coupon for each bluray, on different times so you can use the coupon on both blurays.

YMMV on using two coupons on the same day, but you shouldn't have a problem using another coupon on a different day.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Alright, another noob question:
With that 40% coupon, if I purchased 2 blurays, it would only discount one (the lowest priced?), or would it discount from both?

I'm thinking to use this to 'enhance' my collection, and wondering how many I should print up.[/QUOTE]

Like SakBee said... it's supd to be one coupon per item... so it's definately YMMV...

but what's funny is the last time these were running I dropped but like 5 times that week... and one of the guys kept telling me that I should just buy them all at once since they had the used buy 3 get one free...

so... I can save 40% on 4 different blu's buying one every day... or I can save ~25% by buying them all in one day and if I'm lucky enough to have all 4 be the same price... no thanks ;)

Thanks again for the coupons, always saving me lots of money.
Too bad that used coupon expires on the 19th and the new transformers comes on the 20th.

Here lately the fye stores near me have had "used" copies of new releases within 24 hours of it being released so I get a new "used" copy of a new release still in shrink wrap for half the price. WooT!

Not sure if this has been asked before, but do I need the FYE backstage pass to use the coupon? How much is the card anyway? I did the month trial or whatever for the backstage plus card, but cancelled.

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']Not sure if this has been asked before, but do I need the FYE backstage pass to use the coupon? How much is the card anyway? I did the month trial or whatever for the backstage plus card, but cancelled.[/QUOTE]

$25 for a year and yes, you need it to use the coupon.

Hmm.. just went to my FYE and was basically told I can only use the one coupon that comes in the Backstage Pass booklet by the manager. Any suggestions?

I'm still in my second week of the free month of Backstage Pass, but if I can't print out these coupons to use, I think I should just cancel it now.

[quote name='willk2244']Hmm.. just went to my FYE and was basically told I can only use the one coupon that comes in the Backstage Pass booklet by the manager. Any suggestions?

I'm still in my second week of the free month of Backstage Pass, but if I can't print out these coupons to use, I think I should just cancel it now.[/QUOTE]

well I dunno... these coupons are straight from the fye.com website and say exclusive in-store only coupon.... might go in and hand him the web address and ask him why corporate would put out coupons on their own website that say they are in-store coupons.... if that doesn't work just ask him/her for their district managers name/number to see if they can straighten out this problem or just drop an email straight to corporate about it...

what I'm betting is he's probably never seen these coupons before... and probably thinks they are fake...

The manager at the store I went to was not sure of it yet because of how it looked when I brought in a printed copy. I told them It came from the website and if they could to input the code just like it says on the paper it will work. Now I use them all the time because they know what they are. You can use one per visit. So technically you can make multiple visits in one day to get a collection your looking for.

technically, i have a BSP, but it should have expired like a year or so ago but idk if it still works.

anyway to check this online? like, can i try to purchase something online and use the card thing and see if i get a discount?

[quote name='gravel']Any clues on upcoming BSP coupons?[/QUOTE]
They should be posted any day now. I just signed up for a Backstage Pass and the irony of the coupons ending would kill me.

[quote name='TimPV3']They should be posted any day now. I just signed up for a Backstage Pass and the irony of the coupons ending would kill me.[/QUOTE]

yeah should see them this weekend..

[quote name='doooork']technically, i have a BSP, but it should have expired like a year or so ago but idk if it still works.

anyway to check this online? like, can i try to purchase something online and use the card thing and see if i get a discount?[/QUOTE]

What I've found is that my expired BSP still got me the 10% off online. However, when I went in store, it won't take it since it did expire. So if it works online, that's not a given that it will work in store.

Does anyone know FYE's price in-store for Star Trek?

I am hoping to combine the $3 coupon and hopefully a MIR to make a deal.

[quote name='hbk1313']Does anyone know FYE's price in-store for Star Trek?

I am hoping to combine the $3 coupon and hopefully a MIR to make a deal.[/QUOTE]

I don't know the price yet, but I do know they have an exclusive steelbook edition of the movie for sale.

[quote name='hbk1313']Does anyone know FYE's price in-store for Star Trek?

I am hoping to combine the $3 coupon and hopefully a MIR to make a deal.[/QUOTE]

I'll answer my own question.

$19.99 in store price
($3.00) Backstage Pass coupon
($2.00) Backstage Pass Discount
---------------------------------
$14.99
($7.00) Mail In Rebate
-----------------------
$7.99

That is for the single-disc widescreen DVD

that is deal is better then the price walmart had for 9.99. If you dont mind mail in rebates and want to save a bit of money then get it from fye. I was at walmart this morning and they still have it for that price.

Anyone happen to know when the new batch of used coupons will be released?
Thanks

Don't bother with the $3 coupon on new dvds/blurays that are more than $15, just use the 20% off one, you dont even need to print it out.

I'm more interested in the 40% off used coupons. I've already got an additional discount card that stacks on top of my fye card for new items over 12.99 or higher.

[quote name='Afflicted']ok time for the new batch...

09/29 - 10/05

bspcoupon09282009.jpg

10/06 - 10/12

bspcoupon10052009.jpg

10/13 - 10/19

bspcoupon10122009.jpg

10/20 - 10/26

bspcoupon10192009.jpg

10/27 - 11/02

bspcoupon10262009.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How do you be a "backstage pass" member? also is it ok to just print and cut these out?

There are two different kinds of FYE memberships, you can either pay $25 a year for just the FYE discount and coupons, or there is a membership that costs $10 a month that gets you discounts and coupons for other stores in addition to FYE.

Personally, I have the yearly membership, and between the discount(10% and 20% on your birthday) and the coupons, it's well worth it.

[quote name='gravel']There are two different kinds of FYE memberships, you can either pay $25 a year for just the FYE discount and coupons, or there is a membership that costs $10 a month that gets you discounts and coupons for other stores in addition to FYE.

Personally, I have the yearly membership, and between the discount(10% and 20% on your birthday) and the coupons, it's well worth it.[/QUOTE]

actually if you've never had a membership... sign up for the VIP one... it's free for the first month... and they will send you a $20 gift card for trying it out... but cancel before the month is up... then go with the yearly one.

it's also really easy to cancel...

[quote name='SakBee']Sorry to bring this up again, but are there any upcoming coupons? Thanks in advance guys.[/QUOTE]

Only one came up so far:

bspcoupon12072009.jpg

5% for one day, pretty disappointing. Hopefully there are some better ones out by the end of the year.

Damn, thanks anyway deadite. I've been so spoiled with the 40% off coupon that anything else seems subpar. Keep us posted!

bread's done
Back