The FYE Coupon Thread

fairyland

CAGiversary!
Please check the last page in this thread to see the newest coupon. As of May 2010, It's been about 3 months without a 40% coupon, so I had changed the title to something more appropriate than 40% off as it seem unlikely we'd ever get those coupons again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think FYE has a good deal on Avatar :br:.

10% BSP Discount ($2.80)
---------------------------
Subtotal $25.19
$3 BSP Coupon ($3.00)
----------------------------
Sub total $22.19
$5 FYE MIR ($5.00)
----------------------------
Total After Rebate ($17.19)

I didn't think about this when I was in the store last night, so I have not tried it. I hope to get there over the weekend to test this.

was just in a Fye... they've actually just dropped some prices on blurays...

Pandorum
Devil's Rejects
Rambo
Rambo 2
Ghost in the Shell 2.0
and quite a few others...

using the 3.00 coupon and BSP brings 'em to 5.99

Seriously can ya beat 5.99 on a new blu?

Okay, this is the coupon attached to this week's email:
images_NRBlastBSP_r10_c1.jpg

But what's weird is the dates match last week's so it is probably good for nothing.

Here's a new one in time for Mother's Day:
images_MothersDay_OfferBlast.jpg

If this is anything like the Easter one they sent out, you may want to print a copy and bring it in, as they did not have those flyers in store and some of the prices were different even though it was in store only.

Thanx gravel!

The $5 off $30 posted a page back is better and you don't need the BSP to use it.

FYE has really put out some crappy coupons the last several weeks.

This week's coupon is actually pretty good. Anyone looking for True Blood Season 2 on Blu-Ray can get a really sweet deal. It was on sale for $39.99 at my FYE, minus 10% for Backstage Pass, minus $5 coupon, will bring it down to about $31 plus tax, and it has a $5 mail-in rebate on top of that.

Anyone get an email with a new coupon?

I hope to be able to stack a FYE coupon wiht the $10 Disney coupon and pick up Alice in Wonderland for chaep.

[quote name='DaDeuce']I don't think FYE takes manf. Coupons do they?[/QUOTE]

At the store I go to, they have taken it. You may want to call and ask before heading out there.

damn, not that it's a huge deal but I do buy stuff using their coupons and BSP. That's the last one in a reasonable distance from me. Guess I'll check it out.

The one second closest to me (NY SYRACUSE Carousel Center 9854 CAROUSEL CTR) is the only one in NY state that is having this sale. They have had a CD sale for the past year where all single cds were $9.99 regardless of the stickered price. Of course they never had any good cds that the other FYEs had for that price and far better deals could be found online elsewhere on those same cds. So I would not doubt that list is probably the first to close store list if things got any worse for them. They used to have a chain of liquidation stores back in the early 90s (Half Price CDs), so they could be doing this as well.

The company isn't closing. Only select stores are running the "everything on sale" sale, and the reason for it is because there is a new president of the company and he is trying some new things including tv marketing in selecet markets and the "everything on sale" ties into that. My store was originally sheduled to be part of the sale then they took us off the lsit last minute.

Thanks for the info. It's good to know FYE is not closing all those stores. The everything on sale signage looked suspiciously like a liquidation sale, so that's what led me to believe the store was closing.

Anyone know if you can combine the Backstage Pass, this weeks coupon and the sale? There could be some good deals if it works.

[quote name='ecwfan']Anyone know if you can combine the Backstage Pass, this weeks coupon and the sale? There could be some good deals if it works.[/QUOTE]

I was able to today.

I used bsp with the $5 coupon and the 50% sale but it should be noted they jacked up the prices. CDs BDs and DVDs were only 20% and the normal $9.99 all CDs pricing was voided so it was 20% off the $19.99 they used to charge for a cd. I managed to find a few cheap blurays but nothing too great.

Is the 5 doller off 20 coupon still good today or it it over? I still need to order a Case closed season set with it.

[quote name='snowmint']Is the 5 doller off 20 coupon still good today or it it over? I still need to order a Case closed season set with it.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a coupon get rejected on the expiration date. You should be good to go through closing today.

[quote name='ecwfan']Thanks for the info. It's good to know FYE is not closing all those stores. The everything on sale signage looked suspiciously like a liquidation sale, so that's what led me to believe the store was closing.

Anyone know if you can combine the Backstage Pass, this weeks coupon and the sale? There could be some good deals if it works.[/QUOTE]

Backstage pass should be able to be combined with all sales. Only thing it shouldn't work on is game systems, ipods, and phonecard/giftcard other subscription card type things.

Is there a 40% used coupon anywhere? I'm still debating if I should get the Case closed original season set or viridian sets.

Yeah, 3rd week in a row, but I've found it to be a very useful coupon. I'd like a 40% off used coupon, but at least it isn't $5 off $35.

I've been making out better with the $5 off than the 40%. Up until last week my store has 20% off when you buy 3... Plus 10% VIP and another $5 off. I do miss the 40% for box sets though.

[quote name='duckydan']I've been making out better with the $5 off than the 40%. Up until last week my store has 20% off when you buy 3... Plus 10% VIP and another $5 off. I do miss the 40% for box sets though.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been doing as well, I've managed to pick up some of the used BRs I'd been looking for.

To note, earlier in this thread I posted scans of 40% off and 30% off coupons. I used my originals all up but just last week, well past the expiration date of 4/15 on the 40% coupons. I highly suggest you print them out and go with them. The coupon codes are permanently in the system I think, its just when the coupon is dated that messes things up.

However, since the coupon works, if they say oh its expired, tell them to try it anyways, but odds are they wont check.

[quote name='deadite76']Probably YMMV, but my local FYE is running a B2G1 on all used items throughout the weekend.[/QUOTE]

My local store was B3G1.

Are there ever coupons for non-members? I've got a $20 gift card, but everything is so damn expensive.

[quote name='dino88']My local store was B3G1.

Are there ever coupons for non-members? I've got a $20 gift card, but everything is so damn expensive.[/QUOTE]

Every once in a while(usually around holiday weekends) non-member coupons show up. Also, the Entertainment books usually have FYE coupons. They usually aren't as good as BSP coupons ($5 off $35 or $3 off a cd or dvd @12.99 or higher, but not already on sale, etc.).

If you pay by credit card, you can sign up for 1 free month of BSP, you just have to remember to cancel it before the time runs out if you don't want to pay for another month of it. Also, if you do the trial, and you want to get a BSP, there is a yearly version for $25 a year which only gives you the FYE discount, the monthly version gives discounts to other stores.

Personally, between the coupons, and the 10% on top of sales(20% on your birthday), I save way more than $25 a year.

bread's done
Back