The Game Crazy Flip-Fest thread

icruise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Game Crazy is having a promotion where you get an extra 50% on traded games, as long as they are 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, or DS games, and as long as you trade them in 2 at a time. (Some stores are also insisting that you buy a new game with the credit.)

There are a number of games that GC pays... unusually high amounts for, especially considering that they are available from other retailers for considerably less. For purely academic purposes, I'd like to compile a list of these games. This needs its own thread since it's way too difficult to tell if the list is updated if it's a single post on page 12. Here is what I have so far. The prices given are after the 50% bonus.

Armored Core: Formula Front PSP - $21 (available for $9.99 at Gamestop)
Bust a Move Deluxe PSP - $21 (available for $9.99 at CC)
Guilty Gear PSP - $16.50 (Available at CC for $7.99)
Harvest Moon DS - $18.00 (Available at BB for $9.99, or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged 360 - $27.27 (Available for $17.99 at Amazon, for example, or around $8 from half.com sellers)
Gunpey PSP $13.50 (A Best Buy "front lane" game available at BB for $9.99, or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)
Ultimate Block Party PSP - $10.50 (A Best Buy "front lane" game available at BB for $9.99, or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)
Ghost in the Shell PSP - $10.50 (A Best Buy "front lane" game available at BB for $9.99, or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)
Puzzle Challenge - $10.50 (A Best Buy "front lane" game available at BB for $9.99, or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)

Circuit City has these on clearance for $16.96:
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2(Gets $37.50 after bonus)
Just Cause (Gets $34.10 after bonus)
Virtua Tennis 3 (I got $45 for this, but depending on the store it may be considered a sports title. Still, even without the bonus it's $33 with MVP according to the wiki)

Let me know if you guys find any others, or if any of the items in the list are wrong.

[quote name='icruise']Game Crazy is having a promotion where you get an extra 50% on traded games, as long as they are 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, or DS games, and as long as you trade them in 2 at a time. (Some stores are also insisting that you buy a new game with the credit.)

There are a number of games that GC pays... unusually high amounts for, especially considering that they are available from other retailers for considerably less. For purely academic purposes, I'd like to compile a list of these games. This needs its own thread since it's way too difficult to tell if the list is updated if it's a single post on page 12. Here is what I have so far. The prices given are after the 50% bonus.

Armored Core: Formula Front PSP - $21 (available for $9.99 at Gamestop)
Bust a Move Deluxe PSP - $21 (available for $9.99 at CC)
Guilty Gear PSP - $16.50 (Available at CC for $7.99)
Harvest Moon DS - $18.00 (Available at BB for $9.99, or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged 360 - $27.27 (Available for $17.99 at Amazon, for example, or around $8 from half.com sellers)
Gunpey PSP $13.50 (A Best Buy "front lane" game available at BB for $9.99, or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)
Ultimate Block Party PSP - $10.50 (A Best Buy "front lane" game available at BB for $9.99, or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)
Ghost in the Shell PSP - $10.50 (A Best Buy "front lane" game available at BB for $9.99, or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)

Let me know if you guys find any others, or if any of the items in the list are wrong.[/QUOTE]

Your a god for this thread

[quote name='icruise']Armored Core: Formula Front PSP - $21 (available for $9.99 at Gamestop)[/quote]

I have a very natural hate for GC, so I love this thread, thanks OP!

I just checked gamestop.com, this AC:FF is $17.99 used ... is your quoted $9.99 for new?!

Thanks again, will go by my local CC to see if I can pickup some of those PSP games to flip!

It was $9.99 as part of their recent sale. Is that now over?

EDIT: Looks like it ended on the 17th.
EDIT AGAIN: I guess it's YMMV whether your store will have this or not.

That is up to you, my friend. In my case, I haven't gone specifically out to buy anything to trade, but I did trade in some things already in my collection, knowing that I could replace them cheaply at my leisure.

Thanks for the heads up on the Guilty Gear. I was super dissapointed with that game but it only cost me $10 at the time so I wan't too bummed, but I have the Jpaanese version that doesn't have the "Judgement" game but it has more features with the actual fighting game so this is as good as traded.

Also Def Jam Icon seems to be $50 used at EB/GS and that - 10 and edge would be around a $14 discount so about $36. The GC ad list ICon as $31.82 in tic so $31.82 + $15.91= $47.73. That's about $10 in extra credit.

[quote name='PocariSweat']Nope AC:FF is STILL $9.99. I flipped one yesterday. If your store still has them the price is good til July 8th. Follow this link to check local inventory:

http://www.ebgames.com/gs/gamedays/gd_PSP.asp[/QUOTE]

Ditto, it's still $10 on the website but they're starting to get scarce in my area. Gotta grab one before they disappear.

Is the flip for $21 after 50% ($14 before bonus)? I saw that in the GC thread but I was a bit skeptical. Can you confirm?

[quote name='bob330i']Ditto, it's still $10 on the website but they're starting to get scarce in my area. Gotta grab one before they disappear.

Is the flip for $21 after 50% ($14 before bonus)? I saw that in the GC thread but I was a bit skeptical. Can you confirm?[/QUOTE]

Yes! Strangely it traded in for $14 on tues. but I got $21 on wed.

Wow, I love Harvest Moon DS, but I'm so tempted to get $18 for it considering I only spent $5. If only the DS used memory cards instead of saving to the cart!

Careful on the multiples, guys. For one thing, prices drop at a quick rate when inventory increases, and GameCrazy people are often more shrewd salesmen than EB. They will likely make you buy MVPs, pre-order, change the rules on you as they wish.

All it would take is a few keystrokes from corporate to drop these prices in half as well, it could be less even by tomorrow if they see scams happening.

I remember over a year ago when Best Buy was clearing out last gen games for $5-10 at the same time EB/GS was doing the extra cash (not percentage) per n # o' trades, printing up POX spreadsheets and hitting every store on the way home to look for stuff to flip/keep (mostly the former). I actually ran into other CAGers with lists in hand.

inoise, are you Chicagoland? Either way, thanks for putting together this thread.

If you mean me, no I'm in central Illinois. And yes, I agree with jer7583 that some caution is advisable. Don't just go into a GC with a pile of unopened multiples and try to trade them in.

I've learned that flipping takes too much time and energy to do. Your time has value as well, and I sure as hell don't want to spend it wasting gas by going to different game stores.

Plus it usually somehow blows up in my face.

[quote name='jer7583']Careful on the multiples, guys. For one thing, prices drop at a quick rate when inventory increases, and GameCrazy people are often more shrewd salesmen than EB. They will likely make you buy MVPs, pre-order, change the rules on you as they wish.

All it would take is a few keystrokes from corporate to drop these prices in half as well, it could be less even by tomorrow if they see scams happening.[/quote]

Um this is posted on CAG im sure everyone and thier grandma's knows about this now...

[quote name='Derrick1979']Um this is posted on CAG im sure everyone and thier grandma's knows about this now...[/QUOTE]

You would think, wouldn't you?

See the "how much does def jam trade in for" post.. Some people don't even know how to use a phone and call a store, let alone think for a moment about the downsides of buying 20 gunpeys and trying to go buy a PS3 at gamecrazy.

I really don't think these trade-in deals are exploited by the FW/SD crowd like other deals posted here are. Like someone else said, it takes some work and usually all you end up with is more credit for buying games - not something you can sell on eBay for insane profit ;). I went to 2 GC's today and neither was aware of the deal despite signage being up (they quickly figured it out, of course, but the implication is that no one else has used it so far).

Also, jer7583, I'm all for being cautious but there is no "scam" going on here. We are buying games elsewhere and getting what GC offers for them. It was scammish when people were buying Far Cry and Open Season at EB/GS and turning around and trading them in for a new Wii game a few months back - that kind of thing draws attention for sure (and yes, I did it myself). But nothing going on in this thread is in ANY way part of some scam - it is buying low/selling high ;).

(And yes, buying 30 Gunpeys for a PS3 would be pure stupidity, but I hope the post wasn't referring to that ;). I was told I couldn't even buy a 1600 MS points card - it HAD to be a new game, so doing this for hardware will be difficult).

Anyways, I can confirm some of the more ridiculous prices like $21 for Armored Core and $27.27 for Arcade Unplugged. You can add one more minor credit builder to the list: another Best Buy frontlane game is Puzzle Challenge for the PSP (the Crossword puzzle game). It is $5 AC at Best Buy and trades for $10.50 after the 50%. Besides Gunpey this seems to be the most common Frontlane game (well, besides Sudoku which I don't think is worth it though someone may want to check).

[quote name='emceelokey']Crackdown used at EB/GS for $40 - $10 = #30. Trade in value is $30 at GC +50% would be $45 total.[/quote]
Except it trades in at $18 at GameCrazy since it's used for $39.99.

[quote name='jer7583']You would think, wouldn't you?

See the "how much does def jam trade in for" post.. Some people don't even know how to use a phone and call a store[/quote]

calling the store at 12 AM would be a great idea, thanks for the suggestion

[quote name='icruise']Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged 360 - $27.27 (Available for $17.99 at Amazon, for example, or around $8 from half.com sellers)
[/QUOTE]

Arcade Unplugged can also be had for $17.99 used at EB/GS ($16.19 after Edge.) Faster than waiting for shipping from Amazon.

Also, Gears of War should trade in around $40 after the bump, and it can be had for $28 from GameFly.

[quote name='icruise']Everything so far is a portable game, aside from XBLA Unplugged. Are there any console games that would be flippable?[/QUOTE]

There were tons of good deals to combine the $10 off a used 360 game over $24.99 at EB/GS, but that coupon expired today. They're just a little harder to come by now.

[quote name='Damanthia']Arcade Unplugged can also be had for $17.99 used at EB/GS ($16.19 after Edge.) Faster than waiting for shipping from Amazon.
[/QUOTE]

And make sure you check all the cases at EB/GS. I found one (out of 5) with an intact XBL 1-month card in it. They expire June 30th, too, so if you get one use it ASAP.

If you can find Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged at your local BB, it's 19.99 (14.99 with the Gamepro coupon).

Also... it really depends on your store or more specifically your relationship with your store personnel whether or not they force you to buy something with your credit. I traded twice at my nearby location and there was never any mention of having to purchase anything. In addition to that they also added 50% to my PS2 trade-ins. The guys and gals at my store all seem very nice and I always chat them up when I go.

[quote name='jling84']
Also... it really depends on your store or more specifically your relationship with your store personnel whether or not they force you to buy something with your credit. I traded twice at my nearby location and there was never any mention of having to purchase anything. In addition to that they also added 50% to my PS2 trade-ins. The guys and gals at my store all seem very nice and I always chat them up when I go.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. My favorite store where I preorder everything and the guys know me very well was by far the STRICTEST with the promo. I haven't even bothered to go in because the guy I talked to on the phone (who knows me best of all of them) said it would be one new game purchase for every 2 traded. At least at the 2 stores I went to today I only had to buy 1 thing (for 4 trades at one and 6 at the other). I'm fine with one thing, but if I had to buy 2 or 3 that would suck.

As it is, the guy at the first store I went to was convinced he would "get in trouble" for giving me so much credit :lol:. I guess he didn't believe the promo was actually real or something. And I'm serious- he asked the assistant manager what he should say if he gets in trouble. The assistant manager just told him to say he wasn't sure how the promo worked. And note this was the place where I traded 4 and bought 1 (plus made a preorder) - so they were hardly bending the rules compared to some of the stores you guys talk about!

So I would say it depends on the store, but not, so much, on your relationship with the personnel (unless you are best buddies or something :lol:).

GRAW 2 is $34.99 (THIS WEEK, AC) at Bestbuy and trades in (which may change soon) for $30. $45 after deal and tha's $10 extra.

I might go try picking up Harvest Moon and Arcade Unplugged, they give the biggest profit cashing in at around 12 and 13.

[quote name='dtsai24']calling the store at 12 AM would be a great idea, thanks for the suggestion[/QUOTE]

Having a little patience to wait until they open would be an even better one.

[quote name='Scorch']Except it trades in at $18 at GameCrazy since it's used for $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. The "glossy" instore ad for GC, the "The Bigs" ad, shows Crackdown TIV for $30. The ad is good through the 29th...

Also EB/GS has a used Guitar Hero II for 360 for $44.99 (game only) then minus the 10% it would be around $40 and GC has it listed for $40 credit then + the 50% that would be a $60 total TIV.

I am so happy that the crappy GC workers no longer are at the one I go to. I'm going to pick up some of these cheapy games and try to trade them in. Thanks OP!

[quote name='PocariSweat']Yes! Strangely it traded in for $14 on tues. but I got $21 on wed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirm. The Tues/Weds change makes sense because I saw someone earlier post the $14 value (after bonus) earlier in the other thread.

Picked up one yesterday night.

We have a Wiki for trade-ins at EB/Gamestop, but why do we not have one for GameCrazy?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. It should be located on the main CAG page, for quick reference, though (Cheapy, mods?).

[quote name='icruise']If you mean me, no I'm in central Illinois. And yes, I agree with jer7583 that some caution is advisable. Don't just go into a GC with a pile of unopened multiples and try to trade them in.[/quote]

Yeah, sorry, it had been a long day...

I asked because Chicago area CAGers are all cut-throat bastards at heart, especially when it comes to deals like this with limited resources.

[quote name='shieryda']We have a Wiki for trade-ins at EB/Gamestop, but why do we not have one for GameCrazy?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. It should be located on the main CAG page, for quick reference, though (Cheapy, mods?).[/QUOTE]

:cry: All my hard work for naught...

Just kidding - I've been updating that damn thing continuously throughout this sale :lol:.

Just got two copies of Gunpey for $5 each.

Gonna go pick up two more copies and then search for Harvest Moon, Bust a Move and Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged tomorrow.

does gamecrazy ever carry used and new 360s? is it rare?

On a side note I think its crazy when employees accuse a customer of 'flipping' thats not how your suposed to act towards those that purchase from your store.
Are they bad about accusing over at game crazy like they used to be at blockbuster? can you get put on..'the list!' :hot:

[quote name='icruise']People may want to check out their local Circuit Cities for these Xbox 360 games for $16.96 (listed on the web site but not in stock):

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2(Gets $37.50 after bonus)
Just Cause (Gets $34.10 after bonus)
Virtua Tennis 3 (May be considered a sports title, but even without the bonus it's $33 with MVP according to the wiki)

These are from this thread.[/QUOTE]

i might have to hit them up tomorrow... grab 2 DOL for either 20 at TRU or 35 at CC... if they really get 38 76 bucks..

the 20 deal would be super could grab 2 new ds games and still have 15 bucks left....

I can confirm the trade-in prices (with MVP boost) from the OP, in Chicago, for: Armored Core (21), Bust a Move (21), Guilty Gear (16.50), and X360 Live Arcade (27.20). Transaction from yesterday.

[quote name='slidecage']i might have to hit them up tomorrow... grab 2 DOL for either 20 at TRU or 35 at CC... if they really get 38 76 bucks..

the 20 deal would be super could grab 2 new ds games and still have 15 bucks left....[/QUOTE]
wait DOA is $10 at TRU?

bread's done
Back