The game stop at Quaker Bridge Mall NJ does a good deed :-)

minx

CAGiversary!
Now for people unfamiliar with the mall, built decades before there was a game stop was the still there electronics boutique -- which has been legendary since the days of final fantasy 7 for selling preorder's out from under the people who paid for them. The final fantasy 7 incident was the big one simply because not only did they sell their entire stock several days early {meaning if you picked up on the release date, your game wasn't there anymore}, they also underordered the T-shirts. I preordered and just by accident happened to be at the mall the day they released it early. Even being there, I still had to remind the guy to give me my T-shirt despite the fact I was in a line occupied almost exclusively by people picking up the game. From where I was standing, I could see there were only a few T-shirts left in the box they were claiming was their last box -- and this was early afternoon.

Knowing my peril because of the above, I asked when Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne was going to be released while checking out some used games. The clerk couldn't find it in the system and told me the U.S. release had been canceled as far as they could tell.
Next stop was game stop about 500 feet away. The clerk and I had a good chuckle over the chaos at electronic boutique and because it was so many months ahead of time, I was the first preorder at the store for the game.

Now I know you're all bored tears at this point, but it gets better -- promise!
You see, today I called this store and told them the abbreviated g-rated version of http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34744 and thinking I already lost the game due to non pickup, requested they transfer my preorder money to a different game so I didn't lose it.

They held my game!

They're still holding my game!

In fact, the clerk told me he been looking at it for a while now wondering what happened leading me to believe I'm the only person who didn't pickup and there's probably a couple people asking about buying it .

Even offered to continue holding it until my dad gets out of the hospital, even after I told him the two surgeries they had my dad scheduled for are going to have him laid up for at least two weeks there. Now this kind of thing may be normal in other places, but brick and mortar preorders around here tend to be Russian roulette experiences when it's a popular game involved.

I tell you what, if I didn't think it would get me arrested, I'd jump the counter and kiss everyone there on pickup :)

Or at the very least, burn down the electronic boutique next door ;-)

Anyone else ever had a good experience like this before?

[quote name='minx']
I tell you what, if I didn't think it would get me arrested, I'd jump the counter and kiss everyone there on pickup :)

Anyone else ever had a good experience like this before?[/quote]

So you see kissing someone as more extreme than arson? :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='minx']

Anyone else ever had a good experience like this before?[/quote]

So you see kissing someone as more extreme than arson? :lol:[/quote]

It all depends on how fiery the kiss is ;-)

Of course, if the clerk turned out to be less than a ladies man, there could be enough sparks to burn down electronics boutique from the kiss alone -- all those years of rejection could make for one hell of a nuclear reaction ;-)

[quote name='WeaponX2099']From what I understand, you're hot. So dorks will bend over backwards to please you. So expect this to happen you a lot.[/quote]

in person yeah,but this was a phone call......

....And I have an unusually loud voice when speaking normally.

For example, one of my best friends was at a bus station talking to me long distance on the phone . He told me that the ticket sales girls on the other side the station were giggling because they could hear everything llittle word of my end of the conversation. This conversation basically consisted of me nagging him to take care of himself better like I was his mother or something and cracking jokes about the girl I set him up with -- probably leading the clerk to believe I was the girlfriend and the girl was our kinky sex toy or something ;-)

In other words, unless I'm going out of my way to sound like someone else, no one is going to get off on the way I sound -- mostly because they would be deaf before the end of the conversation due to volume ;-)

I'm surprised... the employees at that particular store don't seem to care at all or give any effort.

I went in to put in my Fable preorder expecting to get the special DVD. The guy told me it was sold out, but said I could have any of the other preorder stuff around the store. He gave me a bag and told me to grab whatever wasn't held down. All in all I picked up a Star Ocean 2 poster, about 10 empty game boxes and some preorder CDs.

I was tempted to grab other games since the employees seemed to be high and messing around with a group of pimply preteens saying that SO2 would be $150 to preorder.

I have no idea what the point of my post is anymore... but I prefer to go to the Nassau Park EB than to Quaker Bridge just because of the employees there. That might change now because they closed off that part of Route 1 to make it harder to get to.

Doesn't make up for my pal that had a pre-order for a PSTwo from there, never had a call, and had it sold out from under him in less than 12 hours. 36 hours hold on preorders my ass. And I was looking forward to some online amplitude.

I'm also a big fan of the Nassau Park EB. I usually don't buy anything on a pre-order, and they even held for me a copy of Serious Sam:TNE, without even having to put any money down.

As far as the QB Mall goes, the only place in there that I would buy games at is the Sears, that's how much disdain I have for the EB, GameStop, and FYE in that rathole.

[quote name='magilacudy']but I prefer to go to the Nassau Park EB than to Quaker Bridge just because of the employees there. That might change now because they closed off that part of Route 1 to make it harder to get to.[/quote]

The Nassau Park EB is all about timing in my experience. If you go there late at night on a weekday, odds are you'll be ignored for personal phone calls and the like. Not always, but nearly always. A much better social experience is during the morning or early afternoon on any day but Sunday. I don't know why, but the few times this happened while I was in there on a Sunday that the employees {plus some friends to probably weren't supposed to be behind the counter} were higher than radiant silver gun auctions. Although theoretically I suppose they could be high from sniffing the stinky inks in many new game manuals -- just to get the benefit of the doubt ;-)

of course, the 420 club hasn't met in front of me in a long time, so those people may have been fired.

In fact, if you're looking for a cheap laugh, go there on preorder pickup day for any hot release. The last one I was there for was fable/the Sims 2 release, and the guy who I'm pretty sure it is the manager was hysterical dealing with the walk-ins. I spent about an hour looking looking through the used games and giggling as he made them work through a script to get the game. {And yes, everyone got a game...... and in many cases, would spend five minutes or better at the register deciding between the CD and DVD version of the same game ... doing all their thinking out loud ... or what they were trying to pass off at thinking anyway ;-)

[quote name='BigDirty']Doesn't make up for my pal that had a pre-order for a PSTwo from there, never had a call, and had it sold out from under him in less than 12 hours. 36 hours hold on preorders my ass. And I was looking forward to some online amplitude.

.[/quote]

and with that, goes my hope of a safe place to preorder from :whistle2:(

minx, I was there during that Fable/ Sims 2 release too... I think I had class though so I just stopped by in the morning to pick up the game. It wasn't too crazy then but there were a few stragglers that tried to buy the game but were refused cuz they didn't preorder. I had a good laugh from that.

Have you guys been to Nassau Park lately? That guy Jermaine doesn't seem to be working there anymore. He was pretty cool to talk to about games and inside info that I didn't mind driving the extra distance to get there.

Oh yeah, another place to not preorder from would be GameCrazy. I've been waiting for Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Outlaw Golf 2 and yet they still haven't got them in.

minx i live 15 min from Q bridge mall
i couldnt beleive my eyes when i saw a post with this mall
what town r u from
r u in college at all around there?
rider? mccc? rutgers? rowan? trenton state?

[quote name='magilacudy']minx, I was there during that Fable/ Sims 2 release too... I think I had class though so I just stopped by in the morning to pick up the game. It wasn't too crazy then but there were a few stragglers that tried to buy the game but were refused cuz they didn't preorder. I had a good laugh from that.

Have you guys been to Nassau Park lately? That guy Jermaine doesn't seem to be working there anymore. He was pretty cool to talk to about games and inside info that I didn't mind driving the extra distance to get there.

Oh yeah, another place to not preorder from would be GameCrazy. I've been waiting for Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Outlaw Golf 2 and yet they still haven't got them in.[/quote]

u talkin about the stocky black dude with dreads?
yea hes cool as hell to talk 2
saw him at gamecrazy gettin rid of a stack of penny guides from eb where he worked. I would of done it too

have u tried the new eb in robbinsville minx
gamestop on olden ave in ewing is prob the biggest gaming store in mercer county they been good with my preorders

[quote name='WeaponX2099']From what I understand, you're hot. So dorks will bend over backwards to please you. So expect this to happen you a lot.[/quote]

Let me edit this so that it will make more sense

From what I understand, you're [a female who talks to game clerks]. So [game clerks] will bend over backwards to please you. So expect [game clerks giving you special treatment] to happen to you a lot.

[quote name='cag1000']
what town r u from[/quote]=Bordentown AKA the historical hellhole that is the only place where a fourth-grade teacher can get away with giving you a walking tour of your own town and calling it a field trip . Of course, since then there has been the advantage of being able to spot the tourists -- not the easiest thing to do considering they just look like people too cheap to get a car ;-)

=not anymore.I had to leave "temporarily" because my hands were getting too bad to continue, and the doctors advised me to give them a rest for a couple of months -- never got better enough to go back there or anywhere else :whistle2:(

=Mercer -- both campuses.

[quote name='BigDirty']Doesn't make up for my pal that had a pre-order for a PSTwo from there, never had a call, and had it sold out from under him in less than 12 hours. 36 hours hold on preorders my ass. And I was looking forward to some online amplitude.[/quote]

That sucks. According to my pre-order receipt, they're supposed to hold it for 48 hours. :roll:

[quote name='magilacudy']

Oh yeah, another place to not preorder from would be GameCrazy. I've been waiting for Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Outlaw Golf 2 and yet they still haven't got them in.[/quote]

You mean the game crazy in Hamilton by the super fresh? With the exception of the hot guy with the shaved head {who always remembers me despite the fact I've only been in there with him three times many months apart}, that store is the only one I've ever been ignored nearly completely consistently. It's hard getting someone's attention since they're only interested in gossiping to their fellow male teenagers and I've been given the wrong game in the case more than once only to discover it when I got home. So far, it's only been worth driving back when they replaced soul caliber 2 with spawn the videogame, but still it makes me see them as the store of last resort.

It also the only store where the clerk ever told me not to buy anything there! I kid you not, the last time I was there the clerk told me that even though theoretically they were supposed to test the games, they really didn't and even pointed to a box in the corner behind the counter full of games that had been traded in that needed to be tested. He couldn't even demonstrate a game gearthey had in the case because there weren't any batteries for it and told me that it probably wouldn't be tested before someone bought it. Honesty is nice in a game store clerk, but it's kind of shocking at the same time.

[quote name='minx'][quote name='magilacudy']

You mean the game crazy in Hamilton by the super fresh? With the exception of the hot guy with the shaved head {who always remembers me despite the fact I've only been in there with him three times many months apart}, that store is the only one I've ever been ignored nearly completely consistently. It's hard getting someone's attention since they're only interested in gossiping to their fellow male teenagers and I've been given the wrong game in the case more than once only to discover it when I got home. So far, it's only been worth driving back when they replaced soul caliber 2 with spawn the videogame, but still it makes me see them as the store of last resort.

It also the only store where the clerk ever told me not to buy anything there! I kid you not, the last time I was there the clerk told me that even though theoretically they were supposed to test the games, they really didn't and even pointed to a box in the corner behind the counter full of games that had been traded in that needed to be tested. He couldn't even demonstrate a game gearthey had in the case because there weren't any batteries for it and told me that it probably wouldn't be tested before someone bought it. Honesty is nice in a game store clerk, but it's kind of shocking at the same time.[/quote]

Although it is a bit shocking, I guess I'd rather know about than not know about it. :?

[quote name='minx']
You mean the game crazy in Hamilton by the super fresh? [/quote]

Nope, the one in Ewing by the Gamestop on Olden someone mentioned before. And the only hot guy in that store would be me when I go there. :)

[quote name='minx'][quote name='cag1000']
what town r u from[/quote]=Bordentown AKA the historical hellhole that is the only place where a fourth-grade teacher can get away with giving you a walking tour of your own town and calling it a field trip . Of course, since then there has been the advantage of being able to spot the tourists -- not the easiest thing to do considering they just look like people too cheap to get a car ;-)

=not anymore.I had to leave "temporarily" because my hands were getting too bad to continue, and the doctors advised me to give them a rest for a couple of months -- never got better enough to go back there or anywhere else :whistle2:(

=Mercer -- both campuses.[/quote]

why do you have bad hands. im not even gonna guess........

[quote name='minx'][quote name='cag1000']

=Mercer -- both campuses.[/quote]

thats cool im in washington twp like 8 min from u. we r both right off 130
we should hangout sometime :)

[quote name='minx']
=not anymore.I had to leave "temporarily" because my hands were getting too bad to continue, and the doctors advised me to give them a rest for a couple of months -- never got better enough to go back there or anywhere else :whistle2:([/quote]

I'm no doctor, but I don't think playing video games is going to help fix your hands.

Quakerbridge? Boo! Hiss!

Come to the EBGames in lovely Flemington, NJ, the top store in the district!

Please? :cry:

bread's done
Back