The Gamestop PS2 Blowout Sale trading thread

This thread is for people to post their haves and their wants for the current 5/$1 or B2G2 sales on :ps2: titles at Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could probably get most of these 20 cent games off ebay for the same price, after shipping, it would cost to trade them here.

I know this is the typical 'blah blah blah' about Gamestop, but I have never seen a PS2 game there that was a condition worthy of being added to my collection. This isn't so much berating people that do buy these beat up games, but more wondering how the hell do they even get like that in the first place!?

The game is bought new, and sat on a shelf. Even if it changes hands a few times, it's still just sat somewhere. I have never understood how they all get so beat up and grimey. I think people must like to take their favorite games and do extreme sports while holding them! lol

Now its 10 for $1 on the .99 games and B2F2f on $3.99 or less. Stock up on crap!

[quote name='Zaku77']I know this is the typical 'blah blah blah' about Gamestop, but I have never seen a PS2 game there that was a condition worthy of being added to my collection. This isn't so much berating people that do buy these beat up games, but more wondering how the hell do they even get like that in the first place!?

The game is bought new, and sat on a shelf. Even if it changes hands a few times, it's still just sat somewhere. I have never understood how they all get so beat up and grimey. I think people must like to take their favorite games and do extreme sports while holding them! lol[/QUOTE]

+1 on this post. Sometimes I wonder the same... Like on my old gamecube, I played Super Smash Bros. all the time, took it in and out of its case all the time, and everything. Yet there's only like 1 or 2 noticeable scratches on it. When I bought Brawl used about a month after it came out from GS, there were so many scratches on it.. it seemed like the previous owner used sandpaper and sanded it or something :cry:

I've never seen a PS2 game at GS priced under $8.99 let alone $3.99 or less.
EDIT: I mean in person, in-store. I've seen tons of incredible prices online, but that doesn't mean squat.

[quote name='Zaku77']I know this is the typical 'blah blah blah' about Gamestop, but I have never seen a PS2 game there that was a condition worthy of being added to my collection. This isn't so much berating people that do buy these beat up games, but more wondering how the hell do they even get like that in the first place!?

The game is bought new, and sat on a shelf. Even if it changes hands a few times, it's still just sat somewhere. I have never understood how they all get so beat up and grimey. I think people must like to take their favorite games and do extreme sports while holding them! lol[/QUOTE]
When I was little I would set my PC disks in a pile on top of my computer. Just from that and putting them in/taking them out of my computer they got so scratched up that some of them wouldn't play anymore. I think having the silver side slide around on anything is what causes the scratches, so if you keep them in the case when you're not playing them they should be fine. And of course it would seem that a lot of people who trade stuff into Gamestop don't keep them in the cases.

[quote name='ZCG']I've never seen a PS2 game at GS priced under $8.99 let alone $3.99 or less.
EDIT: I mean in person, in-store. I've seen tons of incredible prices online, but that doesn't mean squat.[/QUOTE]Maybe your stores send all the cheap games to a more central store? All three of mine have a lot of cheap PS2 games.

A lot of people don't put their games, cd's, etc. back in the cases. Some people drop them, or mishandle them in general, so that's how they get scratched. If everyone taught their children to treat these items with respect and care, we wouldn't see this. As it stands now, I won't buy a used older gen game from Gamestop because of the scratches.

If you want to see how discs get that way go see a family with 5 or 6 kids and little parental supervision. You'll find discs in the couch, on the floor, in random bins. These are also the same people who use Gamestop as a Blockbuster, trading in old games for new ones every week or so. Understand that they're just toys to most kids, not worth much more than any old action figure or picture book. I'm sure the next generation of kids who grow up with gamer parents will see the value of video games, or maybe not depending on the ios app freemium revolution . . . :whistle2:#

I don't just mean the discs, though. I mean the cases and the inserts, too. The cases are grimey and have holes or indents, and the inserts are ALWAYS creased, especially on the back where the disc is. It is just lame. lol

[quote name='ken9']+1 on this post. Sometimes I wonder the same... Like on my old gamecube, I played Super Smash Bros. all the time, took it in and out of its case all the time, and everything. Yet there's only like 1 or 2 noticeable scratches on it. When I bought Brawl used about a month after it came out from GS, there were so many scratches on it.. it seemed like the previous owner used sandpaper and sanded it or something :cry:[/QUOTE]
Must not look hard enough.
I don't buy crap condition games, but seeking ones that aren't crap may take some time. More times than not, you'll find crap condition rather than games in acceptable condition.
Some minor scuffings on cases/manuals doesn't kill items. Also, the more of an item they have in stock, the more likely to find in acceptable condition or better.
When getting an item, I generally ask for disc that is in best condition, or to allow me to look myself. Sometimes they want to clean the discs for me on the spot, but I demand them not to. I can do it my damn self. And they usually do it wrong anyway.
Sometimes they start getting attitudes or try to talk back. But I just throw it back in their face. It's their job & they are doing something wrong if I'm not leaving as a satisfied customer at the least.

Have been to several many other used game stores who have done worse than GS does to their own games. Like, permanent marker directly on game cases/manuals as inventory notes type stuff. Or labels with terribly strong adhesive on cardboard boxes that would destroy them when attempting to remove. Something seriously wrong there.

bread's done
Back