**THE GAMESTORE TRADE-IN VALUE LIST**

OZUS

CAG Veteran
OK changed topic title to better reflect the this list. it now covers all gamestores ebgames,gamestop, gamecrazy, etc...

example of a post:

i went to eb last night and received:
$5 = Billybob's wacky Adveture Island
50¢ = misc sports title
$17= ChickenHawk Down

***UPDATED LIST 6/18/04***

-GAMESTOP-
beach volleyball summer heat (ps2): $7
BMX XXX(Xbox)- $4
C vs SNK 2 $11
Rocky $8
Shenmue II $5
Plus $10 instore for trade in of three games
Total $34
GBA system: $20 (that's $30 if you trade it for an SP)
Circus Maximus (Xbox) $1
Amped (Xbox) $1
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (Xbox) $6
NFL 2k3 (Xbox) $2
Shenmue 2 (Xbox) $5
Prisoner of War (Xbox) $6
Medal of Honor Frontline (Gamecube) $9
Tony Hawk 3 (Gamecube) $5
Rocky (Gamecube) $4
Castlevania Circle of the Moon (GBA) $5
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (GBA) $7
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (GBA) $12 (and no, I didn't actually sell it for that little since it's worth at least $25)
Frequency (PS2) $7
eJay Club (PS2) $5
Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2) $1
Sirens (PS2) $18
Rygar PS2 $4
The two Towers $3
Dark Alliance Gamestop $3
Red Faction II (GC) - $7
Metal Gear Solid : The Twin Snakes (GC) - $20
MX Superfly - $6
Thief Xbox $20
Splinter Cell Xbox $2
(PS2) GTA 3 $2
(PS2)Tetris Worlds $8
.Hack Vol.1 $8
.Hack Vol.2 $11
(PS2)Manhunt $12
SOCOM II - $12
Counterstrike - $10
FFCC - $18

-EBGAMES-
EB on June 5th (all items have all original packaging and other materials that were in the packages unless noted otherwise)
$3.00 = Dreamcast system with controller
$1.00 = extra Dreamcast controller
$0.50 = Dreamcast memory unit
$0.50 = Crazy Taxi (dc)
$0.50 = Virtua Tennis (dc)
$0.50 = Daytona USA (dc)
$0.50 = Jet Grind Radio (dc)
$0.10 = Chu Chu Rocket (dc)
$3.00 = Spice GameCube Controller with no packaging or other
materials
$10.00 = GameBoy Color with no packaging or other materials
--
GC Super Smash Bros. Melee: $15
Whiplash PS2 $4
onimusha 3 $30
Sony brand PS2 DVD remote (with everything) $3.00
Prince of Persia PS2 $10.00
Gungrave PS2 $10.00 (this I got for $4 at CC!)
Glacier original GBA $35.00
BMX XXX(Xbox)- $1
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $5
Rocky $3
Shenmue II $2
Total $10
Zelda: Collector's edition: $25

-GAMECRAZY-
Rygar PS2 $7.50
The two Towers $5
Dark Alliance $6.25

-GAMERUSH-
Thanks to video_gamer324 for following info:
It seems like GameRush has a pattern with trade-in credit. It goes kind
of like this:
They Sell:/They Buy:
$3 / $.50
$5 / $1
$7 / $2
$10 / $3
$13-$15 / $7
$17-$30 / (approx. 50% of their selling price)
$33 / $20
$35 / $21
$40 / $25
$45 / $30

-FYE-
Rygar: $6
Wario World: $11
Devil May Cry 2: $7
Ratchet and Clank 2: $1

***OTHER NON-VIDEOGAME TRADES***

Traded in a few CD's at EB:

Next - Rated Next ($2.02)
Ginuwine - The Bachelor ($1.34)
Jeff Foxworthy - Games Rednecks Play ($0.67)
Jeff Foxworthy - Sold Out ($1.34)
Shaquille o'Neile - You Can't Stop the Reign ($0.50)

and a couple Gameboy Colors, $10 each.

GAMESTOP:
Charlies Angels $3
A Bug's Life $1
Cowboy Bebop Vol. 2 $5
Nintendo Controller (GC) - $10
Mad Catz Controller (GC) - $5

figured it help everyone here have some idea at how bad you're gonna get ripped off before walking up to the register and finding out.

EB is horrible with trade in values. I called and the guy working there was nice enough to give me the values over the phone, which BTW they act like they are doing you a favor where Gamestop has no problem at all giving them out. Anyway, here's a comparison between my recent trade in phone calls.

EB
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $5
Rocky $3
Shenmue II $2
Total $10

Gamestop
C vs SNK 2 $11
Rocky $8
Shenmue II $5
Plus $10 instore for trade in of three games
Total $34

The guy at EB was quick to point out that C vs SNK 2 and Rocky qualified for the trade in 2 get $20 off a preordered game. That's wonderful considering I can take them to Gamestop and get $19 off of anything.

damn. that's ridunkulous.

i think the reason eb sucks so much is that they were kinda the first game store that was specializing in console and computer games only. they basicly had a monopoly on the market for years.

then gamestop popped up and now gamecrazy and gamerush are weighing in. but i think eb still has that monopoly mentallity or something.

only thing i can come up with to explain their crap pricing and trade-in values.

oh yeah $17 for theif was just an example for layout.
not sure what they really give ya for it.

It used to be that values weren't given out on the phone in an attempt to just get you in the store. The only time I didn't give out values on the phone was when it was very busy but I would explain that nicely. Most people would call back a little later. EB values are really low though.

Wow...I always just assumed you got basically the same price no matter where you went.

It's a shame too...in my area, EB is the better store...guess I'll have to take a better look at Gamestop now.

I have stopped going to EB altogether now that I have a Blockbuster Gamerush in town. Their values dwarf both Gamestop and EB 90% of the time and since they are currently offering any new release for 29.99 with a trade it is like adding 10-20 dollars onto whatever game you trade in. I traded Dynasty Warriors 4 for the Xbox in last week for 25 dollars, got an additional 20 off Riddick and basically picked up the game for 5 dollars. No cheap ass can turn that down.

Stores actually often have widely varying trade-in values. I've seen cases where all of the different stores had better values at one time or another. I suggest calling around. Only give them 2-3 games to check or there's a good chance they won't do it. After all, they're there to serve customers in the store in person more than on the phone. Anyway IMO GameCrazy often has the highest trade-in values so make sure you check there too. Of course, check CAG to be aware of trade-in promotions too! Or you can just trade through the trading forum or sell there :D

[quote name='OZUS']oh yeah $17 for theif was just an example for layout.
not sure what they really give ya for it.[/quote]

If the amounts shown in your initial post are made up just to show an example of format, please change the game names to made up names as well. I had assumed that you were giving an actual example (and I was trying to figure out who in their right mind would take $17 for Thief so soon after release).

Yeah, Fye's prices suck, anyways I dont like trading in my games anymore cuz I dont get nothing for value, so I have a few games I dont even play but o well maybe when I get bored of the games I do play Ill play them. I got a whole collection of Old School games I dont even touch that much, maybe I should start playin them more

Rant,

Gamerush is offering some unbelievably fantastic deals right now (and I have glady taken advantage of them) but I think it's only temporary. Sooner or later they are going to stop with the deals and then it won't be such a great store. They have to be losing a ton of money. I traded in some old crap to get Riddick for $30. I'm sure they lost money on that, since no one is going to buy what I traded into them. They were selling copies of Madden 2002 for like 15 bucks. No one is ever going to buy that. I believe they're prepared to lose money in the long run since these are just trial stores....but long term they're going to get a lot stingier.

[quote name='rant']I have stopped going to EB altogether now that I have a Blockbuster Gamerush in town. Their values dwarf both Gamestop and EB 90% of the time and since they are currently offering any new release for 29.99 with a trade it is like adding 10-20 dollars onto whatever game you trade in. I traded Dynasty Warriors 4 for the Xbox in last week for 25 dollars, got an additional 20 off Riddick and basically picked up the game for 5 dollars. No cheap ass can turn that down.[/quote]

EB versus Gamestop is like Coke versus Pepsi when it comes to the better value - on a given day, one is going to be cheaper than the other depending on the promotion being run.

Last month, EB had the deal for used games where if you bought multiple titles at once, you got a discount. I picked up Suikoden III (regularly $28), Devil May Cry (reg. $10), Mark of Kri (reg. $9) and Kingdom Hearts (reg. $18) for around $43, getting 35% off each one.

This month, Gamestop has buy 2 get 1 free. Obviously, this is the better place to shop right now. In July, who knows?

Trade-in values work similarly. EB charges a heck of a lot more for Zelda Collector's Edition, but they also give a higher trade-in value for it ($25 versus $10 at Gamestop). For Disgaea, EB gives $25 and Gamestop only gives $18. For every example cited, a counter-example can be given.

Shop strategically and you'll make out just fine.

Screw EB and Gamestop. Gamerush gives you the best trade-in deals. I brought my extra Rallisport Challenge into Gamestop a couple weeks ago and they only offered me $17 for it. Gamerush gave me $30.

Don't forget about EB 30% off with coupon and edge card this month...

[quote name='coolz481']EB versus Gamestop is like Coke versus Pepsi when it comes to the better value - on a given day, one is going to be cheaper than the other depending on the promotion being run.

Last month, EB had the deal for used games where if you bought multiple titles at once, you got a discount. I picked up Suikoden III (regularly $28), Devil May Cry (reg. $10), Mark of Kri (reg. $9) and Kingdom Hearts (reg. $18) for around $43, getting 35% off each one.

This month, Gamestop has buy 2 get 1 free. Obviously, this is the better place to shop right now. In July, who knows?

Trade-in values work similarly. EB charges a heck of a lot more for Zelda Collector's Edition, but they also give a higher trade-in value for it ($25 versus $10 at Gamestop). For Disgaea, EB gives $25 and Gamestop only gives $18. For every example cited, a counter-example can be given.

Shop strategically and you'll make out just fine.[/quote]

You realize these gamerush stores are only available in a few select cities, and it's a trial run right? Don't get too comforable with them. Even if they do decide to roll it out to many more blockbusters, they're not going to continue to lose money.

[quote name='norkusa']Screw EB and Gamestop. Gamerush gives you the best trade-in deals. I brought my extra Rallisport Challenge into Gamestop a couple weeks ago and they only offered me $17 for it. Gamerush gave me $30.[/quote]

[quote name='norkusa']Screw EB and Gamestop. Gamerush gives you the best trade-in deals. I brought my extra Rallisport Challenge into Gamestop a couple weeks ago and they only offered me $17 for it. Gamerush gave me $30.[/quote]

Unfortunately, there just aren't enough GameRush stores to go around. I'm happy for you that you have one nearby, but if I want to go to a Gamerush, I think I am looking at a 6 hour roundtrip or more.

yeah, don't have gamerush here yet.

althought i heard next week every blockbuster within a 50 mile radius of me will have a gamrush up and running by thursday.

can't wait.

I'm not liking Splinter Cell: PT very much right now. Where can I get the highest trade in value?

Does GS have any trade in deals going on now or next week? I want to trade in NFSU, LOTR:ROTK, and BG:DA2 all for PS2. They are still selling for $40-50 and I beat them all so I figure trade them and get decent money for them while I can.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='norkusa']Screw EB and Gamestop. Gamerush gives you the best trade-in deals. I brought my extra Rallisport Challenge into Gamestop a couple weeks ago and they only offered me $17 for it. Gamerush gave me $30.[/quote]

Unfortunately, there just aren't enough GameRush stores to go around. I'm happy for you that you have one nearby, but if I want to go to a Gamerush, I think I am looking at a 6 hour roundtrip or more.[/quote]

Ouch, that sucks. If you crunch the numbers though, it might be worth it taking one of those 6 hour round trips. Just load up your car with as many cheap ps1 games as you can I'm sure you'll still come out ahead after trades in the end. (just like in that Seinfeld episode where Newman and Kramer fill a truck with returnable bottles and drive them out of state to get the deposit on them).

[quote name='sj41']I'm not liking Splinter Cell: PT very much right now. Where can I get the highest trade in value?[/quote]

I think Gamerush gives $25 credit for that one.

[quote name='norkusa'][quote name='sj41']I'm not liking Splinter Cell: PT very much right now. Where can I get the highest trade in value?[/quote]

I think Gamerush gives $25 credit for that one.[/quote]Thanks, but does anybody have an idea for how long this price will last?

I'd say at least another month. I was in a Gamestop yesterday and they had a sign that said $28 dollars credit.
I sold my SC PT to an FYE store for $25 cash a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I'd say at least another month. I was in a Gamestop yesterday and they had a sign that said $28 dollars credit.
I sold my SC PT to an FYE store for $25 cash a couple of weeks ago.[/quote]I'll try and sell mine in a few weeks. I had heard great things about the multiplayer but I really did not like it. It was not as exciting as RS3, IMO.
Thank you. :)

EB on June 5th (all items have all original packaging and other materials that were in the packages unless noted otherwise)
$0.50 = Crazy Taxi (dc)
$0.50 = Daytona USA (dc)
$3.00 = Spice GameCube Controller with no packaging or other materials

a few funny things here. notice how the gc controller is worth just as much as the entire dc system. also, notice they are willing to give you $10 for a dirty old gameboy color with no booklets or packaging, but only $3 for a dreamcast with everything in mint condition. oh and by the way, the gameboy color was not mine. it belonged to a friend of mine who was trading it in. i usually keep the boxes and don't let my stuff get dirty...and believe me, that thing was nasty dirty. they didn't even check to see if it worked.

and yes, i did agree to trade this stuff in at these prices. they were lower than i thought, but i had absolutely no reason to keep it, and people are not buying many of these on ebay.

In my area, NW Indiana, Gamestop seems to give the best trade in values about 90% of the time. Usually it's GS,EB and then Gamecrazy in regards to how much they give you around here. Example would be, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (xbox) is 25 at GS and 20 at EB and GC. Not only that, they seem to keep newer games in stock more often, EB has a bad habit of only having a opened display copy in store on some niche titles(Metal slug 3).

EBGames: GC Super Smash Bros. Melee: $15
Gamestop: same, $12

Of course I went with EB. I just wish I'd known that the game I bought with the credit, Simpsons Hit & Run, would be $10 cheaper this week... and they don't have the same sale-honoring policy as BB or CC....

But at least I got SSBM for $12.50 on Black Friday, so I made a profit selling it.

I would like to see a post for FYE Trade in Values

Both EB and gamestop fluctuate too much to try and keep track of it.

at my store (EB), most GH titles change between 3 and 7 dollars trade. This happens by day.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='OZUS']
$17= ChickenHawk Down

.[/quote]

I'm flattered that you used my name in your example. 8) :D[/quote]

LOL!

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='OZUS']oh yeah $17 for theif was just an example for layout.
not sure what they really give ya for it.[/quote]

If the amounts shown in your initial post are made up just to show an example of format, please change the game names to made up names as well. I had assumed that you were giving an actual example (and I was trying to figure out who in their right mind would take $17 for Thief so soon after release).[/quote]

agreed. that is very confusing.

ok, back on topic:

beach volleyball summer heat (ps2): $7 at gamestop (find 2 more games to trade in and get an extra $10 :D )

[quote name='trent82']EB on June 5th (all items have all original packaging and other materials that were in the packages unless noted otherwise)
$0.50 = Crazy Taxi (dc)
$0.50 = Daytona USA (dc)

and yes, i did agree to trade this stuff in at these prices. they were lower than i thought, but i had absolutely no reason to keep it, and people are not buying many of these on ebay.[/quote]

All that Dreamcast stuff in mint condition for only $6.60! Would rather read about someone buying this over in the bragging rights forum...all 5 games are in my top 10 for the system. I have to think that if this was in mint condition as you stated, you could get at least $20-$40 on eBay for this package.

As an adult, I'm not a big fan of how ebgames and gamestop have essentially morphed into pawn shops over the past few years. Back when the stores didn't focus on preplayed product, the stores were much cleaner, better organized, and you could find what you were looking for. Now when I go, I almost always have to wait in a slow moving line where the cashier is laboriously determining the trade in value of a stack of dirty games. The walls are a mess, filled with out-of-order boxes that seem to be sorted vaguely by new release, old release, bargain bin, used but recent games, and used old crappy games. I hate it.

[quote name='trent82']EB on June 5th (all items have all original packaging and other materials that were in the packages unless noted otherwise)
$0.50 = Crazy Taxi (dc)
$0.50 = Daytona USA (dc)
$0.10 = Chu Chu Rocket (dc).[/quote]

Did you offer this stuff here on CAG? Or, you could give it to a poor family :wink: Donate it to Goodwill where someone will have the biggest smile on their face walking out this gem. BUT DO NOT feed these awful stores . . . it just encourages them to lowball people even further.

No offense, but please folks don't do this . . . in 5 years you're going to want to boot up your old system . . . in 10 you'll be rebuying this stuff on fleabay for $60 . . .

The bottom line: We Need to Preserve Our History

$0.50 = Crazy Taxi (dc)
$0.50 = Daytona USA (dc)

a few funny things here. notice how the gc controller is worth just as much as the entire dc system. also, notice they are willing to give you $10 for a dirty old gameboy color with no booklets or packaging, but only $3 for a dreamcast with everything in mint condition. oh and by the way, the gameboy color was not mine. it belonged to a friend of mine who was trading it in. i usually keep the boxes and don't let my stuff get dirty...and believe me, that thing was nasty dirty. they didn't even check to see if it worked.

and yes, i did agree to trade this stuff in at these prices. they were lower than i thought, but i had absolutely no reason to keep it, and people are not buying many of these on ebay.[/quote]

Wow... Just, wow. I would've given you $20 for all that DC stuff, just to have an additional DC hooked up in another room in the house. But, you had no way of knowing that, so... :(

I don't think I could ever take fifty cents for a game. I'd sooner just give it to someone that would even consider wanting it. Just doing that favor for them is worth more than a quick buck.

-Hoshi

10 Cents for Chu Chu Rocket? That was one of the DC's best games, IMO. 10 fucking cents!! What the hell are you gonna do with 10 fucking cents?!?!?!? I would have laughed my ass off and told them to fuck themselves. Chu Chu that, bitches. :shock: :shock:

[quote name='"trent82"']EB on June 5th (all items have all original packaging and other materials that were in the packages unless noted otherwise)
$0.50 = Crazy Taxi (dc)
$0.50 = Daytona USA (dc)

quote]

STUPID!

Rygar PS2 Gamestop $4 Gamecrazy 7.50
The two Towers Gamestop $3 Gamecrazy 5
Final Fantasy XII Gamestop ? Gamecrazy 15.50
Dark Alliance Gamestop $3 Gamecrazy 6.25

Caveat: Gamestop has the trade in 3 games get 10 dollars bonus in store credit.

[quote name='Advocatus']Rygar PS2 Gamestop $4 Gamecrazy 7.50
The two Towers Gamestop $3 Gamecrazy 5
Final Fantasy XII Gamestop ? Gamecrazy 15.50
Dark Alliance Gamestop $3 Gamecrazy 6.25

Caveat: Gamestop has the trade in 3 games get 10 dollars bonus in store credit.[/quote]

I imagine your talking about FFX-2... XII isn't due for quite a while still.

I know FYE and Gamecrazy have the highest trade in value so far.
Gamecrazy has beaten both EB and Gamestop in pretty much every title as far as trade in credit goes. I even was getting near $8 for some GBA games (Colums Crown for example) where I would get like $3 for at EB. The best part was I paid like $3.50 for it at Target a long time ago, so I got my cash back.

So far by being a cheapass I have managed to get my cash back on almost every clearance/bargain bin title that I DIDN"T like, by trading it into gamecrazy. Hey, imho, trading in 5 games im never gonna touch is a good deal for one game that I am going to play the hell out of, or keep for a very long time.

Dark Duel Stories I found the funniest because I sold the cards for over $20 on ebay, so I was at a $5 loss for owning the game. What does gamecrazy give me? $5. I owned the game for a year without any loss :p

Traded in a few CD's at EB:

Next - Rated Next ($2.02)
Ginuwine - The Bachelor ($1.34)
Jeff Foxworthy - Games Rednecks Play ($0.67)
Jeff Foxworthy - Sold Out ($1.34)
Shaquille o'Neile - You Can't Stop the Reign ($0.50)

and a couple Gameboy Colors, $10 each.

bread's done
Back