The Geek Test

13.21499% - Geekish Tendencies
Hmm.
I think they should've added a bonus question that was an automatic +10% if once finished with the test you were going to post your score somewhere so other people (er, geeks) could compare geekiness.

47.36663%- Major Geek.

I blame videogames, my BS in computer Science, and using the internet before 1996.

(Having an avatar from an 80's cartoon probably doesn't help that...
or qouting the musical intro to the G.I Joe movie in my signature.)

[quote name='JSweeney']47.36663%- Major Geek.

I blame videogames, my BS in computer Science, and using the internet before 1996.

(Having an avatar from an 80's cartoon probably doesn't help that...
or qouting the musical intro to the G.I Joe movie in my signature.)[/quote]

Actually, it's just that the Sweeney family breeds geeks... (well at least the 2 known Sweeneys scored the highest round here :lol:)

10.45365% - Geekish Tendencies

I find it hilarious that I know someone who would have to check at least 80% of the boxes though

5.71992% - Poser

I'm a disgrace; I blame this on my lacking knowledge in such subjects as LOTR, Star Wars, Trek, and D & D (the only movie from any of those series that I watched was the first LOTR, which I literally fell asleep from), along with my hindering computer knowledge.

That test was stupid, because I know I'm geekier than that... :(

33.13609% - Total Geek

Amazingly, I have somehow managed to get through life without ever watching Star Wars or Star Trek, although I have a feeling that if/when I ever do, my geek rating will at least double.

...how to count to 31 on one hand .... WHHAAA????!?!?!!
Anyway I scored: 12.42604% - Geekish Tendencies

Yay?

49.70414% - Super Geek

Crap.

Actually, I answered some questions based on what I was doing typically a few years ago or the greater portion of my life. A couple years of life with kids and work and a wife (even if I did meet, date her on the net) have probably cooled my overall geekiness... Some of those points are latent geek now.

[quote name='CODIAC']...how to count to 31 on one hand .... WHHAAA????!?!?!!
[/quote]

Binary. Hold out your hand like you're going to count on your fingers. Extended fingers are ones and curled fingers are zero. So, for example, ten (0 1010) would be ring and index fingers fingers extended. The highest you can count like this is 31 (1 1111), all fingers extended. Just don't point at anyone when you count to four (0 0100). :shock: Using both hands, you can count to 1023. Although why you would need to count to 1023 on your fingers is beyond me. :)

about the counting in binary.. I don't think I can. I don't know about you, but my hand can't do 01010 or 01100, etc.. It doesn't work for me..

bread's done
Back