The General Gaming Thread with a fabulous and interesting title #16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this is either sad or sad. I think I'll say it's depressing. enjoy it guys.[/quote]

Lol thats what I was thinking. Oh well to each their own.

Just finished Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. Enjoyed it but liked the first one better. The 4th case was a lot of fun and trouble lol. Can't wait to start Phoenix Wright: T&T.

[quote name='InuFaye']We do need an awesome name, but I shall leave that up to the creative cags.[/QUOTE]
Expensive Haircut. Either that or Chemical Toilet.

Beat R&C last night. Next is Uncharted. After that... Mass Effect? Any Mass Effect fans realize there's a novel? It's on my shelf but I haven't started it yet.

[quote name='pete5883'] Any Mass Effect fans realize there's a novel? It's on my shelf but I haven't started it yet.[/QUOTE]
Most of us in the Mass Effect thread have read it lol.

Hmm... the FEAR Perseus Mandate demo is... underwhelming so far. I can see that the problem isn't simply that the expansion doesn't do anything new -- it's that it's just not particularly well designed. I'm not entirely done with the demo, but so far it feels really generic and it really does feel like a cash-in. Extraction Point and the original FEAR were far better...

[quote name='Chacrana']Somebody just told me that SOTN sucks because you can't save. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Yeah that does suck, that would be like the best game ever if you could.

[quote name='Chacrana']Somebody just told me that SOTN sucks because you can't save. :hot:[/QUOTE]

SOTN = Symphony of the Night?

360 version. Some guy asked me what good XBL games there were, so I recommended the only one that I can wholeheartedly recommend, Symphony of the Night. He doesn't seem too happy with it, but I don't feel particularly bad about recommending it, either.

I know, Super Metroid sucks too because you can't jump. I spent hours in that beginning area!

Okay, so I finished the FEAR: Perseus Mandate demo. Yeah... I'm not buyin' this. The new enemies are lame and actually pretty annoying, the level designs are generic, and it offers literally nothing that the past games didn't. It has a few moments reminiscent of the original game, but they're horrible by comparison. I give this expansion a 0/10, because it tries to impersonate something great and instead, rapes all that you believe to be good and holy.

If you need a picture to go by, I give it:

acne5-11-03.jpg

o dam, and it looks like class is cancelled for me on Friday so I get to build my computer on Thursday. That's... impossibly good luck.

Pics will be took. I'm not sure if I should also snap some pics of the HT stuff I convinced my dad to pick up. Those things also arrive tomorrow, presumably. The sub is a beaut. A 110 lb beaut.

aahahhahaa, yeah, I did. That d-pad never worked quite right -- right from when I got it and it didn't register me pressing up unless I pressed really hard. Taught it a lesson. A fucking lesson.

Anyway, I don't think I destroyed the PCB, but if I did, let me know and you can have your cha-ching back.

My friends would destroy their controllers every so often. One friend went through 3 Dual Shock 2s while playing Virtua Fighter 4 and a Dreamcast controller after 160 matches of Soul Calibur. Too many ringouts in SC. My other friend has destroyed 3 during our Tekken matches. I almost broke my Gamecube controller fighting the last boss of Metroid Prime 2. fuck that boss.

Mass Effect was waiting for me when I got into work. First day back from vacation, so I'm more happy than I'd normally be. :) I will try to pop it in tonight.

Also NBA2K8 PS3 came as well.

Good thing I have some vacation days left this year I need to burn (damn work won't let me carry 'em over).

[quote name='hankmecrankme']My friends would destroy their controllers every so often. One friend went through 3 Dual Shock 2s while playing Virtua Fighter 4 and a Dreamcast controller after 160 matches of Soul Calibur. Too many ringouts in SC. My other friend has destroyed 3 during our Tekken matches. I almost broke my Gamecube controller fighting the last boss of Metroid Prime 2. fuck that boss.[/QUOTE]

I musta been the only person who breezed through Metroid Prime 2. The only boss I ever had trouble with was the Boost Guardian. And he was a fuckin' bastard. I hate him.

But yeah, I go through way too many controllers. I have rage issues, though interestingly, I never take out my aggression on other people. I just break the shit out of controllers.

Nintendo's controllers are the most durable BY FAR. Next is MS' controllers. The 360 controller is actually a piece of shit, but the original Xbox controller was a tank... controller S was pretty sturdy too. I can't even remember how many PS2 controllers have seen their doom.

Keyboard and mouse are hella durable though. You can pound on the keyboard and slam the mouse and they probably won't break. Except for the MS keyboard and mouse I had which actually managed to break without my help. Love dat Razer Deathadder and Logitech G15 keyboard though...

PCB works fine. I just need to integrate it into my current stick, then make a new one later. Gogamer has the wireless PC adapter for $15; I'm picking that up soon. The only hurdle now is I don't have any wire. And that's at Radioshack. And I hate Radioshack.

I'm surprised at how calm I was playing Ninja Gaiden. Every time that game said "fuck YOU!!", I said "Bring it on." Sigma was easy on normal, but hard can still be a bitch.

[quote name='whoknows']Does the 360 version of Half Life 2 have quicksave?[/quote]

Yes, there's an autosave and you can also save at any time.

Hm, even with all these new games, I still want to finish up portal at least. I've only got one or two levels left, I think.

Started playing the first Metal Gear off the MGS3: Subsistance disk. It's extremly innovative for it's time. I'd like to see a remake.

Back in my NES days I played a little Metal Gear but was never a big fan. The MSX version blows the NES version away.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Started playing the first Metal Gear off the MGS3: Subsistance disk. It's extremly innovative for it's time. I'd like to see a remake.

Back in my NES days I played a little Metal Gear but was never a big fan. The MSX version blows the NES version away.[/QUOTE]

NES version has the better music though. I love the jungle track :)

I got a free copy of Virtual Fighters 4: the Evolution today, whoo whoo

You folks should get shipwreck involved in the band and call yourself the Foreplayers.

[quote name='jer7583']You folks should get shipwreck involved in the band and call yourself the Foreplayers.[/quote]

I dont think a god like shipwreck would want to join us mesely mortal ggters.

Why not? He bought the game. Are there any other CAG bands more worthy?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Our band is pretty kick ass...

We need to jam tonight.[/quote]I might be in later in the evening. I've got 2 or 3 friends coming over to play this evening, but when they go if I've got homework handled I might rock out for a few songs.

[quote name='jer7583']Why not? He bought the game. Are there any other CAG bands more worthy?[/quote]

I thought he said he was going to get it for christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back