THE GREATEST FIGHTING GAME OF ALL TIME

Greatest of all time? I gotta go with Street Fighter II Turbo (arcade). Although Champion Edition and Super were awesome, Turbo's character balance was the best of all the Street Fighter games.

Shout out to Mortal Kombat II (Arcade) and MKDA (Xbox), too.

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers.
Has got to be the #1 game my friends and i wasted summer afternoons on. And playing on the SNES controller was such a pain in the ass, you had to remap Strong Punch/Kick to the medium ones so they were easier to tap.

No one can touch me with DeeJay or Fei-Long in either II or Alpha 3.

I believe the best fighting game was gay fighter Oh soory clay fighter! It was the best! I really loved the penis pudding man! He ruled!

Nobay has mentioned one of the best fighting games out there. UFC! No that was a cool fighter game! Nothing beats geting ko'ed by one kick .001 seconds into the match!

It's all about Street Fighter II. I got it for gameboy when I was in the third grade (on the big, big, HUGE gameboy) and I still play it. I love it. Although I must say that I played Tekken 3 a whole bunch and that will always hold a special place in my heart.

[quote name='Lefty']It's all about Street Fighter II. I got it for gameboy when I was in the third grade (on the big, big, HUGE gameboy) and I still play it. I love it. Although I must say that I played Tekken 3 a whole bunch and that will always hold a special place in my heart.[/quote]

I can still remeber all the cheap scrub combos i used to use in the arcade for Tekken 3. Bryan was the man.. Next of course to Eddy.

To me, the quality of fighters varies greatly by the players involved.

I used to think the DoA series was complete button mashing crap, but when I met players that could actually pull of the counters and recounters and recounters, it become amazing.

I remember hating SF II when it came out because I couldn't pull off the dragon punch. But when you learn how to do it, it becomes great fun.

But to answer the question on pure preference, Capcom vs. SNK. It was a blast.

edit - also Virtua Fighter 2. I was blown away by the water stage and still have extremely fond memories of the Jacky vs. Sarah only stage. Good times.

[quote name='moiety']...why's this topic under Xbox?? :?:[/quote]
cause space_rover started it.

my choice is last blade. it is so fluid and technical. pretty much one move wins, so you HAVE to be good.

KOF2003, great characters and lot of moves

soulcalibur2, best 3d fighter even though im not that good at it. its hard to get good in 3d fighters because of all the moves

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Yea Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is good

I am a bigger fan of just classic Street Fighter II

I would go with Champion Edition[/quote]

I vote for SF2 also. Except once I played Turbo Hyper Whatever edition I couldn't go back to just vanilla Champion.

2d: SVC: CHAOS! Damn that game is soooo fun! SNK really knows how to make good fighting games (KOF and SS)

3d: Naruto: Narutimett Hero. This game is addicting
Super Smash Brothers Melee. I can't believe nobody said this game yet

[quote name='repetske']Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. Hadoken![/quote]word.
without a doubt the deepest 2D fighting game out there

For me, I have to sperate it into two more catagories:
2d and 3d.

2d: Street Fighter Alpha series

3d: Virtua Figher series

now out of those two I favor the Virtua Fighter series because there is som much depth and it requires the most skill to master (espcially Akira, damn I'm still working on him). The most importatn VF was VF2 because it took the whole series to another level (plus it's in the Smithsonian Museum for 3d graphical achievments, beat that).

bread's done
Back