The greatest rock'n'roll band in the history of music to return for new album/tour?

tiredfornow

Banned
Limp Bizkit have announced that all five original members are reuniting for a world tour in the spring.

The band, led by charismatic frontman Fred Durst, said they were "disgusted and bored" with modern music.

Original guitarist Wes Borland quit in 2001 and the band split in 2004 after enjoying worldwide success with songs like Rollin' and My Generation.
Limp Bizkit were pioneers of "nu-metal", fusing hard rock music and hip-hop style drums and lyrics.

The line-up of former tattoo artist Fred Durst, Wes Borland, Sam Rivers, John Otto, and former House of Pain turntablist DJ Lethal formed in Florida in 1995 and released their debut album Three Dollar Bill, Yall$ in 1997.

Their biggest album Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water was released in 2000 and gave them their only UK number one single Rollin'.

Guitarist Wes Borland left the band a year later after his relationship with Durst became strained.

In a joint statement, they said they were "more disgusted and bored with the state of heavy popular music than we were with each other".

It continued: "Regardless of where our separate paths have taken us, we recognise there is a powerful and unique energy with this particular group of people we have not found anywhere else. This is why Limp Bizkit is back."

The band will kick off a world tour in the spring with shows planned for eastern Europe and German festivals Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park.

A new album is also planned.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7885256.stm

Holy shit. I can't fucking wait. I don't care about hearts and flowers on Valentine's Day, but Limp Bizkit just made my valentine's day/weekend/month with this news. :D

Now if only they would either tour the US with Lil Wayne, or do a track sort of like the track they did with Method Man I would die in heaven.

I was laughing thinking, The Onion news, they are some funny people. But, when I saw it was a BBC article I got confused. When did BBC news start doing satire?

Three Dolla Bill Yall was fucking righteous. They went to hell from there, but I still listen to TDBY.

This is potentially awesome news if they don't fuck it up.

I always laugh when I heard Durst talk about "how metal he feels" when he plays a show.

greatest rock and roll band in the history of music?? u have got to be kidding me.

well i guess it could be worse. i was expecting this blog to be about blink 182.

Guys, come on.....you know LIMP BIZKIT is the greatest rock and roll band ever*

*assumes you are, like tiredfornow, a 12 year old girl whos mom had her when she was 15

I have nothing against Limp Bisket. Then again, I didn't listen to the radio in the late 90's and I didn't watch MTV either so I wasn't overexposed to them.

they ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN

keep ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN

Seriously though, Limp Bizkit was a great idea with good instrumentals. The music wasn't "bad", it's just Durst's lyrics and delivery turned it into a joke and pretty much outright killed what would've been a good genre. But who knows, Eminem came out after the Vanilla Ice debacle.

[quote name='HovaEscobar']they ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN

keep ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN[/QUOTE]

OP is TROLLIN TROLLIN TROLLIN

because this can't be real enthusiasm.

:lol: I thought it was about Journey too, but then I remembered they just played a show up here not to long ago.
[quote name='pitfallharry219']Replace Limp Bizkit with Journey and this thread title will be true.[/quote]

[quote name='porieux']This thread raped my expectations and left them with AIDS.[/quote]fuck you.

[quote name='nativetongue88']greatest rock and roll band in the history of music?? u have got to be kidding me.

well i guess it could be worse. i was expecting this blog to be about blink 182.[/quote]fuck you.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']I'm confused, the title said "greatest rock'n'roll band in the history of music", but the article is about Limp Bizkit?[/quote]fuck you.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Replace Limp Bizkit with Journey and this thread title will be true.[/quote]fuck you.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Guys, come on.....you know LIMP BIZKIT is the greatest rock and roll band ever*

*assumes you are, like tiredfornow, a 12 year old girl whos mom had her when she was 15[/quote]15 yr old lesbian dating a 21 yr old girl*

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']OP has to be a fakepost. Has to be. Has to be.[/quote]If you really have a problem with me liking Limp Bizkit, you can hit me up on mah muthfuckin' myspace.

[quote name='Xevious']I have nothing against Limp Bisket. Then again, I didn't listen to the radio in the late 90's and I didn't watch MTV either so I wasn't overexposed to them.[/quote]LIMP BIZKIT. GET IT RIGHT.

[quote name='Kayden']:lol: I thought it was about Journey too, but then I remembered they just played a show up here not to long ago.[/quote]

Yeah, but I want Steve Perry Journey, not whoever is singing with them now.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Replace Limp Bizkit with Journey and this thread title will be true.[/QUOTE]

but the story would still be about limp bizkit... so in the end it's all bad!

They aren't a great band but they were kind of influential and their greatest hits are pretty good tunes.

I wouldn't buy a new album or see them on tour.

Ugh. Don't say Korn. I don't want to be reminded that I used to like them. Just another band that went to hell after the first album.

On the bright side, I never liked LinkinPrime.

on the BRIGHT SIDE of things, a new contender will jump into the ring and turn the Rock n Roll genre on it head........Lil Wayne "Rebirth" album available in April

bread's done
Back