The Greatest Video Game Music 2 (MP3 album) - $3.99 @ Amazon (ends 11/12)

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
2937thf.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/The-Greatest-Video-Game-Music/dp/B009XTXLDM?ref_=pe_291290_26701050

Samples of each song are available in the link. The previous volume is also available for $5.99.

Part of Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Deals Week. Despite it saying today only on that page, there is a graphic on the MP3 page stating the $3.99 sale ends 11/12. I'll be on the safe side and keep the 11/6 end date in the title for now. If it does extend past today, I'll update it.
1jx6ag.jpg

Tracklist:
1. Assassin's Creed - Revelations: Main Theme
2. Elder Scrolls - Skyrim: Far Horizons
3. Legend of Zelda - the Windwaker: Dragon Roost Island
4. Final Fantasy VII: One-Winged Angel
5. Mass Effect 3: a Future For the Krogan/An End Once and For All
6. Halo: Never Forget/Peril
7. Sonic the Hedgehog: a Symphonic Suite
8. Chrono Trigger: Main Theme
9. Luigi's Mansion: Main Theme
10. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: Fate of the Unknown
11. Super Metroid: a Symphonic Poem
12. Diablo III: Overture
13. Batman Arkham City: Main Theme
14. Deus Ex-Human Revolution: Icarus Main Theme
15. Fez: Adventure
16. Portal: Still Alive
17. Little Big Planet: Orb of Dreamers (The Cosmic Imagisphere)

[quote name='Crazyhowie']Not bad. For those looking for free credit... there's a Scott brand promo that will offer you $5 Amazon MP3 credit. It requires basic info, so use a burner/junk e-mail if you'd like and it's a simple one question survey. I received the coupon code immediately.

https://www.scottbrand.com/offer/amazon[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of a step up from the first one, which was filled up with too much generic music from military shooters. Still, there is some good stuff on it.

Note quite as good as the day one $2.99 deal on the first album, but I'll still bite.

[quote name='TheLongshot']A bit of a step up from the first one, which was filled up with too much generic music from military shooters. Still, there is some good stuff on it.[/QUOTE]

I feel like there are more "why the hell is this here?" tracks on this one than the first, and I don't play military shooters.

[quote name='mikejenks']I feel like there are more "why the hell is this here?" tracks on this one than the first, and I don't play military shooters.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about that. I at least have heard about all the games on this one. I had never heard of the game "Advent Rising" until I got the last collection.

[quote name='mikejenks']Note quite as good as the day one $2.99 deal on the first album, but I'll still bite.[/QUOTE]

I thought the first one was free at some point? Don't remember it being $2.99 when I got it. Hmmm.

And yes, this one is good (currently mid-way through my first listen) but I'm thinking the first one was a bit better, honestly.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Don't know about that. I at least have heard about all the games on this one. I had never heard of the game "Advent Rising" until I got the last collection.[/QUOTE]Well, I guarantee Advent Rising outsold Fez by a very large margin. Fez is obviously a lot more recent though, so if that is what you are looking for, so be it. Fez was also considered a success at 100k units sold because it was developed by 1 guy rather than an entire AAA budget dev team.

[quote name='INCyr']I thought the first one was free at some point? Don't remember it being $2.99 when I got it. Hmmm.[/quote]Bought it for $2.99 from Amazon on 11/7/11.
So you don't have to take my word for it:
http://www.screwattack.com/news/deal-day-best-video-game-music-3
There might have been an Amazon mp3 credit deal going on at the same time, I don't remember.

And yes, this one is good (currently mid-way through my first listen) but I'm thinking the first one was a bit better, honestly.
I'm in the same boat, the Sonic medley was particularly underwhelming but I loved Chrono Trigger.

[quote name='Sway']
Tracklist:
1. Assassin's Creed - Revelations: Main Theme
2. Elder Scrolls - Skyrim: Far Horizons
3. Legend of Zelda - the Windwaker: Dragon Roost Island
4. Final Fantasy VII: One-Winged Angel
5. Mass Effect 3: a Future For the Krogan/An End Once and For All
6. Halo: Never Forget/Peril
7. Sonic the Hedgehog: a Symphonic Suite
8. Chrono Trigger: Main Theme
9. Luigi's Mansion: Main Theme
10. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: Fate of the Unknown
11. Super Metroid: a Symphonic Poem
12. Diablo III: Overture
13. Batman Arkham City: Main Theme
14. Deus Ex-Human Revolution: Icarus Main Theme
15. Fez: Adventure
16. Portal: Still Alive
17. Little Big Planet: Orb of Dreamers (The Cosmic Imagisphere)[/QUOTE]

Wasn't going to grab this at first (ughonewingedangel -_- ), but then I noticed that they a.) Have Super Metroid + Chrono Trigger on it, and b.) It includes Icarus and An End Once and For All. (My two favorite songs from the featured games)

The last album was good stuff, so $4 seems fair for this selection. Thanks for the heads up OP!

It's a shame that Konami and Capcom had to be dicks, but I still bought it. Music from Suikoden 2 should be been a part of the album.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Don't know about that. I at least have heard about all the games on this one. I had never heard of the game "Advent Rising" until I got the last collection.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you hadn't heard of Advent Rising. I think that game was actually more well-known for it's soundtrack (which was done by that douche Tommy Tallarico) than the actual gameplay.

Thanks for the tip and the link to grab a quick and easy $5 dollar credit. I'm enjoying this album right now.

[quote name='Nightclam']Thanks for the tip and the link to grab a quick and easy $5 dollar credit. I'm enjoying this album right now.[/QUOTE]

Same here..pretty badass to get a nice collection like this for free.

bread's done
Back