The Greatest Video Game Music MP3 Album - $1.99 with code

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like it's not as much "Greatest Video Game Music" as it is "Recent Video Game Music," but there's still some good songs there, it seems. I may pick it up, so thanks!

ROFL! They turned the Zelda theme into a scene from 1978's Superman!

This just in: Super Mario Bros. theme transformed into Toy Story scene!

I like what they've done to the Tetris theme, I'd like to hear the rest of that song.

I'm not sure if "greatest" is neccessarily the best title for this album...I mean, it has a few nice arrangements but...Angry Birds? Really? Still, good price for a decent amount of music, I can justify $3 on this. Although, the Play! albums seem a bit better overall, some of the sound in this one (like the vocals in Liberi Fatali) just seem slightly off.

Edit: ok, silly question...I haven't bought MP3s from Amazon since they added the cloud option...if I choose to save to the Amazon Cloud Drive, can I still download the music to my computer and play it locally? My connection is iffy and I want to play it on other devices like my PSP and such without needing a network connection on it so if it won't work for that then I'll just skip that option and use the normal download.

[quote name='Edge']I'm not sure if "greatest" is neccessarily the best title for this album...I mean, it has a few nice arrangements but...Angry Birds? Really? Still, good price for a decent amount of music, I can justify $3 on this. Although, the Play! albums seem a bit better overall, some of the sound in this one (like the vocals in Liberi Fatali) just seem slightly off.[/QUOTE] Play! albums? Is this what you're talking about http://www.amazon.com/Play-Live-CD-..._shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320664722&sr=301-1 ? I'm not being snarky, I'm just curious. It's the only thing I could find...

[quote name='JediDeath']Play! albums? Is this what you're talking about http://www.amazon.com/Play-Live-CD-..._shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320664722&sr=301-1 ? I'm not being snarky, I'm just curious. It's the only thing I could find...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the one, couldn't remember the exact name. Although it's been a while since I listened to it so I'm wondering if there was another orchestral game album that I've forgotten about (I distinctly remember it having a Tetris track on it and that one doesn't seem to). Seems like that album actually has some overlap with the songs in this collection, too.

Edit: oh, here's the other one I was thinking about actually, it's just called Video games Live: http://www.amazon.com/Video-Games-L..._shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320665815&sr=301-1

[quote name='Edge']Yeah, that's the one, couldn't remember the exact name. Although it's been a while since I listened to it so I'm wondering if there was another orchestral game album that I've forgotten about (I distinctly remember it having a Tetris track on it and that one doesn't seem to). Seems like that album actually has some overlap with the songs in this collection, too[/QUOTE]
I know there are also a couple "Video Games Live" cds too, maybe those are what you were thinking of?

http://www.amazon.com/Video-Games-Live-Vol-1/dp/B000VO8O6W

What's with the Modern Warfare Menu themes? That crap is annoying. I like the Oblivion song and the Zelda tune a lot, but I'm not buying this.

[quote name='Edge']I'm not sure if "greatest" is neccessarily the best title for this album...I mean, it has a few nice arrangements but...Angry Birds? Really? Still, good price for a decent amount of music, I can justify $3 on this. Although, the Play! albums seem a bit better overall, some of the sound in this one (like the vocals in Liberi Fatali) just seem slightly off.

Edit: ok, silly question...I haven't bought MP3s from Amazon since they added the cloud option...if I choose to save to the Amazon Cloud Drive, can I still download the music to my computer and play it locally? My connection is iffy and I want to play it on other devices like my PSP and such without needing a network connection on it so if it won't work for that then I'll just skip that option and use the normal download.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you can still download it anywhere you like. Cloud Drive is just Internet storage you can use and stream from as you like.

[quote name='Edge']I'm not sure if "greatest" is neccessarily the best title for this album...I mean, it has a few nice arrangements but...Angry Birds? Really? Still, good price for a decent amount of music, I can justify $3 on this. Although, the Play! albums seem a bit better overall, some of the sound in this one (like the vocals in Liberi Fatali) just seem slightly off.

Edit: ok, silly question...I haven't bought MP3s from Amazon since they added the cloud option...if I choose to save to the Amazon Cloud Drive, can I still download the music to my computer and play it locally? My connection is iffy and I want to play it on other devices like my PSP and such without needing a network connection on it so if it won't work for that then I'll just skip that option and use the normal download.[/QUOTE]
You can download from your cloud drive

[quote name='Rehykja']Yep, you can still download it anywhere you like. Cloud Drive is just Internet storage you can use and stream from as you like.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that they offer unlimited storage for music you buy from them.

Looks like a good deal. I'll get it.

BTW, if you have a Discover Card, you can use your rewards and get a bonus $5 in gift cards toward their MP3 store. It is too bad they don't have more in game soundtracks.

thanks for showing me this. It's a great deal to hear some of your favorite tunes (MGS, Uncharted for me) done by an elite Orchestra.

been listening to it since morning, sounds great so far.

Anyone who preordered mw3 see a $2 credit for this? According to promo page you should get a credit once it ships. Think I will wait until tonight to buy to see if the credit applies

[quote name='kklems']Anyone who preordered mw3 see a $2 credit for this? According to promo page you should get a credit once it ships. Think I will wait until tonight to buy to see if the credit applies[/QUOTE]

I think this promo is separate from the actual Modern Warfare 3 promo. Meaning if you just go to the amazon page of Modern Warfare 3 you will NOT get the $2 credit towards that, I Think you have to place the pre-order through that page.

In for this
Not the greatest compilation of songs but there are some really good ones in there. Great price for it though. Thanks Op!

I didn't get the $1 off since I bought this a little before it was posted, but I had a $3 MP3 credit anyway from buying the new Megadeth cd last week. I just finished listening to this and will listen again now. I thought it was great. Very good music, and a lot of fun, especially if you know the songs they are playing. Definitely worth my $3 credit!

[quote name='mikejenks']Love running to Suicide Mission[/QUOTE]

How does that 7/8 time signature not make you trip and fall on your face?

On second thought the $1 credit won me over. There are a few of the tracks that I still don't own, and $2 makes it worth it.

Are the songs ripped straight of the games OSTs, or are they new arrangements? I listened to the snippets, but only found a difference with a few of them.

Some really good songs.

I missed the $1 credit cause i didn't flip through the whole thread before buying but oh well. 22 songs is worth $3 even if you only like 4 of them (cause its still cheaper than buying them solo).

Though i am kind of annoyed that the Amazon MP3 Downloader feels the need to pop up and tell me when every song start and finished downloading. get a little pop up bubbles non-stop.

bread's done
Back