The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

I'm still playing all 3 versions of this (can't beat free online!).

I'm also looking for an active guild (with a dedicated website) to join...feel free to pm me if you know anyone recruiting...thx.

I'll join, one of my in-game SN's is the Soul Operative. I'm in a guild now, but I can leave it, I just joined it to get people to quit inviting me or asking "OMG WHYZ U n0 hAvE a Gu1lD?"

Mostly I do RA, but I really want to find a guild that is organized and will do TA's and GVG's and HA and all that, so add me and let me know.

Does anyone here know where to buy Nightfall cheap? It has to ship to Canada as well. I checked Fry's where it's $29.99, but they don't ship international.

Ok chums, I've finally found a decent guild. I've been in it a few weeks. There are currently 96 members, about 40 of which are active. I was just given officer status, so I can invite my fellow CAG's.

The guild name is Dynasty Warrior. Tag is DW. We do GvG on the weekends, Alliance Battles every day, and the guild has its own site complete with guides made by the members.

Cape looks like this:
guildcapeev1.jpg

If anyone is interested in joining, PM me your in game name and I'll add you.
If you have further questions PM me about that too.
If you want to talk to me in game, my name is Crystal Hunnigan.

Have not played at all since Nightfall launched. Started it up a couple days ago for a few minutes and found out that I was the guild leader. :) Guess enough people had left the CAG guild. Probably everybody. :lol:

Since I have left Eve Online, I will probably start back with GW. Got to get through some of this backlog before I do. Enjoying Zelda at the moment. Once I start playing regular again, I'll keep you in mind Crystal. If you will have me.

[quote name='Dogpatch']Have not played at all since Nightfall launched. Started it up a couple days ago for a few minutes and found out that I was the guild leader. :) Guess enough people had left the CAG guild. Probably everybody. :lol:

Since I have left Eve Online, I will probably start back with GW. Got to get through some of this backlog before I do. Enjoying Zelda at the moment. Once I start playing regular again, I'll keep you in mind Crystal. If you will have me.[/QUOTE]
Certainly, I couldn't deny one of the original members whom I've actually played with :)

I don't know if this has been mentioned but the May issue (#161) has a min-asura pet on PC Gamer. Looks pretty cool. Think of Stitch.

List of mags to get from (worldwide):
http://www.guildwars.com/press/mediapartners.php

Pic and some info:
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Asura

I finally re-installed my gw's and kind of coming back to it. Looking for a guild now or at least some people to team up with. I usually play early mid-afternoon and late mornings (2am pst) due to work.

Undying Syn - one of my toons I normally play.

EDIT: Made a mistake, it wasn't the April issue but May.

How much does this game go for? I noticed at Sam's Club they've had a three-pack bundle (I assume the game and two expansions) for $99 for a while, and it recently dropped to $49. I considered snatching it. Should I jump?

[quote name='Koggit']How much does this game go for? I noticed at Sam's Club they've had a three-pack bundle (I assume the game and two expansions) for $99 for a while, and it recently dropped to $49. I considered snatching it. Should I jump?[/QUOTE]

I had a CAG sell it to me, and it is well worth it... Nightfall BY ITSELF retails for $49.99!

Factions goes for $40, Prophecies is $30, so you're getting $70 worth of software for free!

I've played it for a little over an hour and I'm really digging it.

To buy all of it seperately in a B&M you're looking at $120, easy. I don't think you'll ever see a deal this good again.

[quote name='Roufuss']I had a CAG sell it to me, and it is well worth it... Nightfall BY ITSELF retails for $49.99!

Factions goes for $40, Prophecies is $30, so you're getting $70 worth of software for free!

I've played it for a little over an hour and I'm really digging it.

To buy all of it seperately in a B&M you're looking at $120, easy. I don't think you'll ever see a deal this good again.[/QUOTE]

You've convinced me. I'm heading to Sam's right now, they close in about 45 minutes. I'm psyched. I'm gonna grab that 22" Samsung while I'm at it, too.

So, back from Sam's Club with $600 less in my pocket. Snatched Guild Wars for $50, Grabbed the $300 22" Samsung, and got a new video card while I was at it. GeForce 7600GS for $104, not terrible for everyday B&M price, no deal hunting.

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=89&card2=387

Old & busted vs new hotness

Not a huge jump, but should take away Guild Wars pains.

Now to create some HDD space...

Woo! So excited! I haven't played a new PC game since Warcraft 3.

Fired up GW yesterday and it is pissing me off. Never had a problem with framerate, but now it nosedives like crazy. Updated my drivers and everything. Just can not get it to run stable. What the hell did they do?

Was thinking about building a new computer anyway. Might wipe this one and do a clean install. Anyone else have any problems?

P4 1.5ghz
1 GB ram
Radeon 9600xt 256ddr

Nothing special, but use to run this game fine.

[quote name='Dogpatch']Fired up GW yesterday and it is pissing me off. Never had a problem with framerate, but now it nosedives like crazy. Updated my drivers and everything. Just can not get it to run stable. What the hell did they do?

Was thinking about building a new computer anyway. Might wipe this one and do a clean install. Anyone else have any problems?

P4 1.5ghz
1 GB ram
Radeon 9600xt 256ddr

Nothing special, but use to run this game fine.[/QUOTE]
Yea I saw you were on. Every campaign they've released gets slower on my laptop, but it just depends on which one I'm playing. If I'm in Proph, framerate is fine. If I start playing Nightfall... then I have issues.

Was trying to play Prophecies, but all of them was like that. Did not realize you were on crystal. Was to busy being pissed off! :p

At least they expanded the storage space. About friggin time!

CK, I'm gonna come back and play real soon, real life shit has kept me away for a bit.

Luckily I don't feel bad or like I'm wasting money like I did when I wasn't playing WoW while I was paying for it.

[quote name='Roufuss']CK, I'm gonna come back and play real soon, real life shit has kept me away for a bit.

Luckily I don't feel bad or like I'm wasting money like I did when I wasn't playing WoW while I was paying for it.[/QUOTE]
Yea thats the awesome thing about GW. Need a break to play some other games or work or do some RL stuffs... go ahead, you're already all paid up :)

Well, I'm not sure the last time RZ played, but if it was before Nightfall, the heroes alone are a fairly big change. As far as updates go, soul reaping for necromancers got a fairly large nerf, only works every 5 seconds now. Ritualists are dominating PvP. Theres the new "hard mode" which makes everything lvl 20+ and is supposed to have better loot. There are now lockpicks which are essentially keys that cost 1.5k and have a chance to be used more than once (which increases with certain titles you can earn). Armor from prophecies and factions got upgraded to the insignia system so now you really can have any armor look with any stats. Um.. theres now this thing called loot scaling which makes gold (as in money) and white items drop less for every person under 8 in the party; aka, a nerf to solo farming.

Lets see, some other good stuff, you can now get scrolls that teleport you into the Fissure of Woe, the Underworld, The Deep, and Urgoz's Warren regardless of which region has favor or who controls Cavalon/House Zu Heltzer. Scrolls to Deep/Urgoz take 1000 faction of the corresponding faction (which is one winning alliance battle, 2 if you lose both times) and UW/FoW scrolls drop in hardmode. Hmmm... they added an official wiki that you can access by pushing F10 or typing /help. Oh, theres an automated tournament system now so you can sign up and play in the PvP tournament without having to set up matches.

They've also added some little stuff here and there like specific weapon sound effects for axe/sword/hammer hitting various materials...

Some of the update stuff is cool but a lot of it is just polishing making the game more solid.

I had the original since it came out, finally picked up Nightfall. Its been way too long since I played. I'm planning on picking up Factions soon. My guild is still there just... so empty now : (

I've been playing Guild Wars for about 8 months now, big fan of it, but I've been taking a break. I plan to play again really soon, but I need a good guild again since I left my last one to take a month break. :)

god i just bought the GOTY edition from circuit city.. and i opened the slip that has the serial key in it and no serial key.. so now i cant play until i get this resolved.. arrrrgghh!!

Well, I decided to play this tonight. Still on right now, I'll probably be on for a couple hours if someone manages to see this. So much is different...

Where can I get Nightfall for ~$30?

Not sure about NF but after the expansion comes out you should have an easy time finding it on the cheap. I've personally stopped playing Guild Wars until the expansion comes out, as I have nothing left to do in the game. Its D2 till then!

Well last night I booted this up after playing Wow, and I think it's safe to say I'll be on everyday now. My main focus is stocking up on materials for the release of GWEN. I'm hoping the market will double and triple like it did with the other expansions.

EDIT: Picked up NF today.

So now that I have my computer fixed, and I am never playing a real MMO. I am going back to start playing this again.

I only have the first game though.

Well, I'm addicted again. Allnighters nearly every night, and playing all day whileI'm awake. :cry:

If anyone would care to party up, my in game name is "Chuck the Great"

Hit me up.

well I've finally gotten back into guild wars, I plan on picking up the new expansion when it comes out. my name is "astrik enox" I'm not in a guild and if you could add me to the list that would be great.

Just picked up Guild Wars GOTY for the first time from Amazons Black Friday Sale for $5 since i also bought Eye of the North for $19.99. Im sure a few otehrs picked this up as well since it was only $9.99 regularly maybe i could get into a party with a few new players.

I Just started to play last night right now im a level 3 Ranger/Necro Not really sure if ill keep it since ive read its hard to get parties later on, but i kinda like the ranger. The Name is Vin Omen.

[quote name='whitereflection']What do you mean you're not sure you'll keep it? You can't return it now that it's been opened.

By the way, did your copy come with a paper manual?[/quote]

Are you sure you actually read and understood my post, I meant keep my character profession/configuration :dunce:

[quote name='Layd Dly']Are you sure you actually read and understood my post, I meant keep my character profession/configuration :dunce:[/QUOTE]
Your post was ambiguous at best. I also thought you meant getting rid of the game. I assume your character has a sex? A simple use of him or her instead of "it" would make it clear.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Your post was ambiguous at best. I also thought you meant getting rid of the game. I assume your character has a sex? A simple use of him or her instead of "it" would make it clear.[/quote]

You haven't seen the new ambiguous sex option? "For those who don't know or want to know."

[quote name='crystalklear64']Your post was ambiguous at best. I also thought you meant getting rid of the game. I assume your character has a sex? A simple use of him or her instead of "it" would make it clear.[/quote]

It is in the same sentence. Its not like it was some 18 line run on paragraph. It clearly states Ranger/Necro (regarless of sex, maybe it is an it) and following in the next sentence says i like the ranger. Its not to difficult to figure out i wasnt talking about the game, any tard knows you can not take an open game back.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Got GW GOTY for $5 @ BB.

Anyone know whats the hot thing to do in this game? im just doing missions ATM.
IGN: Loraine Acer W3[/quote]

your doing the same thing as me right now. maybe we can do some missions together

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Got GW GOTY for $5 @ BB.

Anyone know whats the hot thing to do in this game? im just doing missions ATM.
IGN: Loraine Acer W3[/QUOTE]
Depends on what you like doing. I usually fire it up to do some farming. If all you have is the first campaign go check out Elona Reach and farm some minotaurs, or outside Droknar's Forge and pwn some trolls.

After that and missions, people work for titles such as exploring the entire game map etc. and getting all the bonuses on the missions. I've played the game more than most and still have accomplished very little other than beating the games and buying all the skills. You can keep yourself busy for a looooonng time if you want, or you can "beat" the game through the missions and be done with it. GW is chroo like that.

Oh and before either of you get too far along, know that there is a title you get for never dying, so keep that in mind if you care about such things and don't die ;) I remake max level characters all the time to work on that title. One lag spike can be the waste of a few weeks.

bread's done
Back