The Gunstringer Full Game Download $4.95 @ gamedealdaily.com

This is a great deal. I would have jumped all over this a few months ago. But now I am just too tired of messing with Kinect. It's just not worth the hassle. The only thing I have found that works reasonably well for Kinect is Happy Action Theatre/Kinect Party. And that's only because you are not really controlling anything.

Does this come with Fruit Ninja as well? I'm guessing these are off the cards bundled with Kinects. If it does include FN it's a good deal if not, I might just pass as I recall them going for about this with FN in the past but I always hesitated since I didn't have a Kinect.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']This is a great deal. I would have jumped all over this a few months ago. But now I am just too tired of messing with Kinect. It's just not worth the hassle. The only thing I have found that works reasonably well for Kinect is Happy Action Theatre/Kinect Party. And that's only because you are not really controlling anything.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I had this and traded it in awhile back. I was very close to buying it again at this price... but then I realized I don't really want to play it again. As far as Kinect games go, this is among the best, so it is totally worth $5. But even the best Kinect game is still cumbersome and annoying most times. For this one, I was mostly able to play without problems being recognized, but there were still enough issues that I would never enjoy trying to get any type of high scores or something.

I jumped on this game, but now that I've purchased it, I don't know how I'm supposed to be getting the game. The site says that the game "instant download", so I'm assuming I'm supposed to get some sort of download code, correct? I hope I didn't just lose $5.

[quote name='RCS0926']I jumped on this game, but now that I've purchased it, I don't know how I'm supposed to be getting the game. The site says that the game "instant download", so I'm assuming I'm supposed to get some sort of download code, correct? I hope I didn't just lose $5.[/QUOTE]

I just bought this as well, thanks OP! After the checkout (used Google Wallet), the next screen that populated had the download code. Says I'd get an email with the info as well. Hope that helps somehow.

[quote name='icarusmight']I just bought this as well, thanks OP! After the checkout (used Google Wallet), the next screen that populated had the download code. Says I'd get an email with the info as well. Hope that helps somehow.[/QUOTE]

I paid through PayPal and wasn't taken to any screen that had a download code.

[quote name='lyric706']I paid through PayPal but never got an email with a code. How long is it supposed to take?[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize that it was sent to my junk mail folder, but I'm assuming that it was instant. You might want to check out your spam filter if you have one.

Used Paypal as well but have yet to receive an email (checked spam as well) with the code in it. Anyone else besides RCS0926 use Paypal and receive their code?

Just emailed their tech support.
Autoreply says they will get back to me in 48 hours...
=\

[quote name='izpep']Just emailed their tech support.
Autoreply says they will get back to me in 48 hours...
=\[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear. After realizing that my code was sent to my junk mail folder, I just figured no one else would have a problem. I've already redeemed by code on Xbox.com, and the game is in my download queue. Hopefully, everything works out.

Well it was only $4.95 and I have hope their tech support will come through.
Just wanted to start playing it this evening.

I used Google checkout an hour ago and nothing. Deal was too good to pass up even though I've never had nothing but bad experiences with GDD...hmm...

I'd wait at least an hour or two before freaking out. I think they are still working out some kinks with their automatic delivering system (specifically with paypal it seems). Sorry you guy's are having problems:cry:

[quote name='lyric706']It's been four hours for me and still no code ...[/QUOTE]

Same here...

--Code received--

Oh fuck it all. Code not valid. Tried it on xbox.com and on the console twice.

Yes, this is a whiny rant over not getting my new toy when they said I would, but I should have known better and didn't. Annoyed with myself on this one too.

Edit: Heh, Eff me too. My email just showed up from Matt Friel. Still annoyed that it wasn't "instant code" as advertised, but it was technically received. Now to see if it's valid :/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lyric706']Scratch that. Code h]just arrived from Matt Friel, so check your inboxes, guys![/QUOTE]

[quote name='izpep']GOT MY CODE! THANK YOU MATT!
*phew* Big sigh of relief[/QUOTE]

Have you guys tried the codes yet? Mine didn't say it was already used or anything, just outright "Code Not Valid".

Emailed their support, got a PM from the guy who manages the site last night at 8pm, replied this morning with the info he requested, and now just waiting on a reply. Maybe tonight I'll get to play Gunstringer?

edit:Success! There was a typo in the email, and after a recent PM I'm glad to report that the code was redeemed successfully!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a really fun game, great price. The Wavy Tubeman Chronicles DLC is hilarious, by the way. (Personally... whenever I see one of those tubemen in real life, I call them Distracting Man - it's funny seeing them in Costume Quest, too).

Are codes from gamedealdaily region free? Because i was interested in Alan wake (6.95$) but don't know if it will work here in Europe.
These are great prices btw, I hope they'll get more Xbox codes :p

bread's done
Back