The Half Price Books Thread

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
As a big fan of Half Price Books I thought a thread discussing the various discounts, promotions and of course our finds was more than well deserved.

All deals posted in the OP and in this thread are YMMV by nature. Some things have universal prices (or damn near) but still.

Always remember to check our local store's page on the HPB.com website to see if it has any additional specials (such as comic Wednesdays)!

Current Promotions:

Upcoming Promotions:

Miscellaneous contest and other deals:

Educator's Discount: If you are an educator you can apply for the Educators Discount Card to save 10% every day at HPB. http://www.hpb.com/community/educators/

Notable Deals (Items that seem to be more universal):
This is not to add every single descent deal found at HPB, but to post ones that seem to be more universal (i.e. items marked with SuperBuy rather than clearance or is reported in multiple places).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about stores outside of Cincinnati but stores are staying open until 10 pm on Sunday. I confirmed with two separate stores in my area. Their website does not reflect that.

got super punch out for 10 bucks after applying the coupon. they also had contra III and baten kaitos, but punch out was the only thing in my price range even with the coupon.

Found a copy of BF4 for PS4 for $18 after the 50% off coupon.  They had a black Wii for 49.99 which was tempting to get for $25 but i decided to hold off.  This was the one located in Greenwood IN off of US 31.    

Yesterday i went to the one up off 82nd street in castleton area and they had couple of slim PS2 for $30 and a PS3 320gb for 149.99.   They also had some complete SNES games.   I used the 30% off coupon and got a copy of Top Gear in pretty decent condition with the box and all the manuals for $15.  They also had Donkey Kong county for $50 and DK 3 for $30 that were completed but that was to much for my taste.

Got lucky as hell today as my HPB had a bunch of N64 games that weren't there the last time.  Picked up Pokemon Stadium for $2 and Diddy Kong Racing for $5

Picked up the Die Hard Legacy blu-ray set with all 5 movies for $12.49 + tax.

Thanks whoever picked up the SF Anniversary set at the Mayfield Heights store, I was going to get it if it was still there after I got off work today, thankfully it wasn't.

I went to three different stores today.

Ended up getting the following: 

- Sealed Fallout 3 Collector's Edition - $25 (after 50% discount)

- Sealed Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition - $20 (after 50% discount)

- Sealed Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition - $30 (after 50% discount)

Got sucked into buying a bunch of other book related things too, but those were my key finds that I used the 50% off on.

- Sealed Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition - $30 (after 50% discount)

Got sucked into buying a bunch of other book related things too, but those were my key finds that I used the 50% off on.
Was the SF 25th set the one at Mayfield Heights?

Found a copy of BF4 for PS4 for $18 after the 50% off coupon. They had a black Wii for 49.99 which was tempting to get for $25 but i decided to hold off. This was the one located in Greenwood IN off of US 31.

Yesterday i went to the one up off 82nd street in castleton area and they had couple of slim PS2 for $30 and a PS3 320gb for 149.99. They also had some complete SNES games. I used the 30% off coupon and got a copy of Top Gear in pretty decent condition with the box and all the manuals for $15. They also had Donkey Kong county for $50 and DK 3 for $30 that were completed but that was to much for my taste.
LOL another CAG i see. I went to the one off US 31 and was eyeing that BF but held off due to not having a PS4 yet. Is the one near Castleton much bigger with games then the one off of US 31? Still new to the area so i'm still learning about all the deal places. Never had 2 TRU near me so that is a new thing for me as well. Maybe we can snag deals down the road lol.

I got a halo original xbox for 30. (the see-through green one). Probably could have waited to find it at a thrift store for much cheaper, but I just didnt want to wait on finding it anymore. 

Got Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Chess for $50. This thing weighs around 25lbs. Quite nice, and sealed.
Also got Assassins Creed 2 Master limited edition for $35. First time I've seem this in the wild. Maybe because the game is so old? Lol. And lastly, a bunch of comic books. Found some real gems for $1 each.

LOL another CAG i see. I went to the one off US 31 and was eyeing that BF but held off due to not having a PS4 yet. Is the one near Castleton much bigger with games then the one off of US 31? Still new to the area so i'm still learning about all the deal places. Never had 2 TRU near me so that is a new thing for me as well. Maybe we can snag deals down the road lol.
Seems to be a lot of CAGs on the southside. I am mostly of the east side of indy. The one in castleon had a few more games but they had a lot my game systems. Saw a lot of ds handhelds. It just really depends on what the stores have as it seems like they change things every few days. I picked up bf4 as it was easy to walk right next door to GS and make a easy $12.

Anyone else get the email on the 20% off storewide for Labor Day weekend?  Not sure if it is store or region specific (probably not), but the email states 20% off all purchases, no coupon needed, good from Thursday to Monday.

Yeah it's 20% off national Labor Day sale. They do this every year. Good if you buy lots of cheaper price items like comic books, otherwise the 50% is the way to go with big ticket items. Hopefully they will have another 50% soon. I believe they recently had one like a month ago.

Yeah it's 20% off national Labor Day sale. They do this every year. Good if you buy lots of cheaper price items like comic books, otherwise the 50% is the way to go with big ticket items. Hopefully they will have another 50% soon. I believe they recently had one like a month ago.
I can't believe I missed last month's coupon week. Even if you don't get games, 20-50% a particular item is really good. You never know what you might find at your local HPB.

I can't believe I missed last month's coupon week. Even if you don't get games, 20-50% a particular item is really good. You never know what you might find at your local HPB.
Yup. That's why I go regularly even if there are no coupons. Good luck to everyone.

Anybody get an e-mail by HPB? The upcoming week (11/10 - 11/16) has that 4020/30/50% promotion again, with coupons in tow!

Finally checking out HPB today for the first time in my life.  Having a 40% off coupon with me will make it all the more sweet.

Debating whether it's worth the hour drive(each way) to pick up Star Wars Battlefront II Xbox for $15 - 40% coupon.
Honestly if you ever go thrifting and/or to flea markets, it can be pretty easy to find that game for about 5 bucks. I think Ive found it a total of 6 or 7 times. its an original xbox game and at least in my area, noone ever buys those.

So I grabbed 

Ben 10 Galactic Racing Vita - $4.80

Bones complete sixth season Blu Ray - $7.80

Sons of Anarchy Season 3 Blu Ray - $6

Starship Troopers Trilogy Blu Ray box set - $6

Went to two stores but brought someone with me to double up on coupons. Will go the other stores on the side of town tomorrow.

I'm considering a boxed $60 PS3 12gb slim as a backup for my launch-era one, but there's many other locations to check for other good deals and only so much money for spending on something that is mostly "just in case".    

I'm considering a boxed $60 PS3 12gb slim as a backup for my launch-era one, but there's many other locations to check for other good deals and only so much money for spending on something that is mostly "just in case".
$60 12GB Super slim? Just got me a 320GB Slim PS3 for $105 yesterday. Darn.

Did get Lego City 3DS for $9.80. Beats even Amazon Warehouse Deals.

I picked up a silver and gray wavebirds with recievers for 12 dollars each after coupon. And have a 250gig xbox 360 on hold to flip to bestbuy so I can finally buy my x1 (70 after coupon)

Picked up Calling Wii for 34 bucks after coupon. The store near my gf doesn't do console trades due to local pawn shop laws blah, woulda loved to pick up a ps3 or 360 to flip to bb

Everything I was interested in at a couple of HPB were WAY overpriced.  Examples SNES Chrono Trigger $150 and Pokémon Diamond $40, both cart only.  I wish the pricers would use ebay sold prices instead of Amazon "hope for" prices.  I ended up getting 40% off a clearance strategy guide for me and a Dr Who poster for my daughter.

So you are the one who took the SF 25th anniversary I had my eye on! How funny.

I'm waiting for this Sunday to grab something from a particular HPB but since there are local CAG's I have to keep it quiet apparently. :p

Thanks for the coupons! I got Miami Guns Vol 4. for ~$18 after discount. It is a rare, out-of-print anime. Sells for $75+.

Weird, my coupon e-mail lists a completely different set of coupon dates.
which dates are yours for?

I remember this happened last year where certain regions had it one week and then others the next. The thing was that both sets worked in ALL REGIONS so it was essentially 2 weeks of the coupons. If you can, post em up here.

My pickups were not that special this time around. Last two days I got Animal Crossing Wild World DS for 5.99 and Final Fantasy VI Advance for 11.99. There was nothing else that was worth picking up. And theres nothing there thats worth getting for the rest of the week either...

which dates are yours for?

I remember this happened last year where certain regions had it one week and then others the next. The thing was that both sets worked in ALL REGIONS so it was essentially 2 weeks of the coupons. If you can, post em up here.

My pickups were not that special this time around. Last two days I got Animal Crossing Wild World DS for 5.99 and Final Fantasy VI Advance for 11.99. There was nothing else that was worth picking up. And theres nothing there thats worth getting for the rest of the week either...
This.

bread's done
Back