The Hobbit FREE for PS2 @ Amazon.com (+S/H)

kaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
15 - 10 != 0

Were you by any chance including shipping and tax in that "around $15" figure? I'm assuming you are, but I'm just checking...

I called the number on the form and the guy was like "sure a photocopy should be okay" but when I quoted him what CheapyD posted, he backpedaled a bit, "hmm well try to find a real form if you can, if not give the copy a try." Oh, and that number is apparently just some Vivendi customer number not specific to this rebate or rebates in general at all. The guy wasn't familiar with this form and (I assume) verified it was a Vivendi rebate with me by having me read off the address on the form. Not sure how the dude would have been able to help me if I had actually had a question about a pending rebate...

I've been hunting for one of those forms for a good month now with no luck. (Probably checked over a dozen game shops.)

[quote name='m_d_amore']http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5362&start=40&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
think that just means no faxes[/quote]

I see that this has been posted as a slickdeal now. Hmmm, methinks Vivendi is about to receive 3000 printed rebate forms in the next few weeks. Hooboy.

[quote name='wubb'][quote name='m_d_amore']http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5362&start=40&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I see that this has been posted as a slickdeal now. Hmmm, methinks Vivendi is about to receive 3000 printed rebate forms in the next few weeks. Hooboy.[/quote]

Rebates are ALWAYS a headache to deal with in my opinion. My wife is STILL waiting for a rebate from some company selling kitchen supplies that was due over 6 months ago. The rep on the phone will say that the rebate should be here by a certain date, and when it doesn't come, she calls again, thus repeating the cycle. Many of you have had luck with them, but in my opinion, they're scams. Good luck to those that try them.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']15 - 10 != 0

Were you by any chance including shipping and tax in that "around $15" figure? I'm assuming you are, but I'm just checking...[/quote]

I was including SH in the 15 figure.

29.99 - 20.00 = 9.99 - 10.00 = -0.01 + S/H

[quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='wubb'][quote name='m_d_amore']http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5362&start=40&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I see that this has been posted as a slickdeal now. Hmmm, methinks Vivendi is about to receive 3000 printed rebate forms in the next few weeks. Hooboy.[/quote]

Rebates are ALWAYS a headache to deal with in my opinion. My wife is STILL waiting for a rebate from some company selling kitchen supplies that was due over 6 months ago. The rep on the phone will say that the rebate should be here by a certain date, and when it doesn't come, she calls again, thus repeating the cycle. Many of you have had luck with them, but in my opinion, they're scams. Good luck to those that try them.[/quote]

No doubt rebates are a major headahchachey (Raymond, last night?) That's why I hate mailing one off where the vendor may actually have a llegitimate way to wiggle out of honoring it.

I've done seven or eight rebates with various companies over the past few years and haven't had any problems, but I always assume they look for any little reason to be able to kick out your request.

And yeah if you get a company like that, that just isn't mailing the check... That would be a serious pain.

Yup, this deal is not CheapyD approved.
:wink:

Also, no elephant slapping.

noelephantslapping.jpg

That's bull shit. People are always on the side of the elephant but I'll straight up tell you, no bullshit, that fuckin' elephant was ASKIN' for that shit. I can't be lettin the elephant run it's mouth. I'm street,son. If I take that shit now, it's gonna be it for me out here. Then what's next? Then I gotta stop spankin' the monky? Where does it end? Forget that. Birds sing, the ocean is wet and JimmieMac gonna keep slappin the elephants, that's just the way it is.

You cannot use the rebate for anything that is under $10 in price. Because you get it for $9.99 you cannot use the rebate. Say you got the game for $10.01 then you could use the rebate.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Rebates are ALWAYS a headache to deal with in my opinion. My wife is STILL waiting for a rebate from some company selling kitchen supplies that was due over 6 months ago. The rep on the phone will say that the rebate should be here by a certain date, and when it doesn't come, she calls again, thus repeating the cycle. Many of you have had luck with them, but in my opinion, they're scams. Good luck to those that try them.[/quote]

Yeah that's true. I don't think I ever received one of my rebates from Amazon that I placed like last August.

Be careful.

[quote name='kaw']I think even for 15.00 shipped it isn't a bad deal. If the rebate comes back even better.[/quote]

I think, (especially if you are planning to give a print-out of the pdf a shot) this is the attitude you have to take.

[quote name='bingbangboom']You cannot use the rebate for anything that is under $10 in price. Because you get it for $9.99 you cannot use the rebate. Say you got the game for $10.01 then you could use the rebate.[/quote]

I'm not so sure on that front. Almost every time there is a FAR (free after rebate) deal at a store the item will actually be $14.99 (for example) with a $15 MIR, and the rebate will have the same 'rebate can not exceed purchase price' language.

But again that is one more little niggler they may use to weasel out of approving the rebate.

Seeing the mileage that pdf has gotten I'm not too confident that Vivendi will be honoring print outs :cry:

my gamestop had a pad of those rebates, I have one on my shelf that I'm saving for Metal Arms. I'll pick some up later in the day, if you want one, tell me & we'll work something out.

bread's done
Back