The Holy Grail of NES games!

I thought Mario/Duckhunt was the holy grail. I mean, it has Mario AND Duckhunt on it! Plus it's rare so I own 12 copies.

Still, that looks pretty rare, but only $28000?

wasnt there a recent article talking about how this is the most sought after game of all time. ive seen other auctions for this and 28k is by far the highest price ive seen for it.

[quote name='whoknows']I thought Mario/Duckhunt was the holy grail. I mean, it has Mario AND Duckhunt on it! Plus it's rare so I own 12 copies.

Still, that looks pretty rare, but only $28000?[/quote]

I thought the singlular version of Duck Hunt was. Or was it Mario Bros. Either way, I have about 3 of those -- Im rich.

the questions are awesome:

Q: would you accept $2,000 for this?

A: Hey I see you are in Ohio too. For $2,000 you can have your picture taken with the NWC. Makes for a great Christmas card to send out to the whole family.

Q: What a great item! Why are you selling this! If I could buy this I'd never sell it.

A: Well its just always in the way and takes up so much room. Also when the light hits it on the right angle I'm blinded for a few seconds and this has caused a few near accidents while driving.

Q: How will this item be shipped? You say that you will ship via USPS priority mail, but there's no way I would EVER trust the post office with a $20K+ item. Not to mention that you can only insure up to $500 though USPS. Do you seriously expect someone to let you ship it by USPS, or do have have some sort of other, more trustworthy means arranged? thanks

A: Use the BIN and if you live in the US I'll jump on a plane and deliver it to you in person.

[quote name='banpeikun']the questions are awesome:

Q: would you accept $2,000 for this?

A: Hey I see you are in Ohio too. For $2,000 you can have your picture taken with the NWC. Makes for a great Christmas card to send out to the whole family.
[/quote]

I would tell I would pay the $2000 for a pictures than when I got there I would run off with it. :)

It almost seems to me that this dude isn't even serious about selling it. It's like if he's just showing it off to stroke his epeen given the price and responses to questions.

He puts it up every once in a while to see what kind of offers he gets. The last time I think it was 15 or 20K. He got an offer for 13K from a serious collector in Australia and didn't take it, so I don't think he really wants to get rid of it.

The best part about the last auction is someone asked him if he could get a picture with his ebay name in it to verify he owned it. The response was "sure, send me a picture with you holding all that money and Ill take a picture of me with the game".

The bidder (his name was like DragonDave or something like that) responded saying that no one would ever buy it now because he wasn't willing to provide a better picture, so the seller took a picture with the cart and a piece of paper that said "DragonDave can't afford this".

It was pretty funny.

Dave

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that he has no real intention of selling it, it's just a trophy he likes to show off on occasion.

Thats buyatari. One of the more famous collectors out there. It was more or less advertising to help out his other sales. He was not trying to show it off or anything of that sort. If you saw some of the items he had, you would not believe his collection. The NWC is probably worth about $9000 these days, though.

I've seen one of those in real life. Color me lucky.... I guess. But those super rare games aren't really my thing. Unless it's a good game I wouldn't own it even if I had a zillion bucks.

bread's done
Back