The Howard Stern Thread

[quote name='Maklershed']You're catching up to about the time where he starts to get really annoying. I think the day with Jackie, Lou Bellera, and Gilbert Gottfried was the worst. I had to turn it off. I couldn't take anymore Artie screaming unfunny insults.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the complete opposite camp - that day, 2 Tuesdays ago, I think, was fantastic for me. When Artie was giving Lou shit like "what, does this girl have to shoot a woman in the face for her to be hot?" I almost spit coffee on my windshield.

^ I agree, it was really good... but Howard DID have a closed door, 20-minute meeting with him after that show. Howard wasn't happy. Gilbert also ended his Stern goodwill with that show.

I was loling hard today while Howard was doing his impression of Robin's doctor while she is in twilight sleep. (I'm a few days behind)

[quote name='DestroVega']^ I agree, it was really good... but Howard DID have a closed door, 20-minute meeting with him after that show. Howard wasn't happy. Gilbert also ended his Stern goodwill with that show.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that? Do they discuss it on a later show?

Artie is killing the show. Howard needs to step up, and get him off the air.

I was never a huge fan of Artie, but after whatever change happened in his life....it's unbearable now. He comments about everything and adds nothing. All he does is throw the show off pace.

The Joe Buck appearance was a wreck. Yes, the show sucked, but heroin train wreck didn't improve things. It was embarrassing.....from the hack '$$$' joke when Joe made the (clearly ironic) comment about TMZ being his favorite site to the millionth repeat of the hack ROMO = HOMO line, to the constant interruptions.

does anybody know the name of the song that was played at the begining of the show on thursday 6/18? it was after some sargent peppers song.

Yeah people complained about artie fallen asleep and now that he is actively participating in the show people are complaining about that.

I like him the way he is lately way more. It's almost like he was when he first joined.

[quote name='johnmirra']how is the only guy with any energy ruining the show?[/QUOTE]

Because he is a lying fat fuck who lies about everything and talks over everybody. Lets also not forget that he is a hack and far from being funny.

The Stern show is dead. Howard just pisses on it's corpse 4 days a week, 4 hours a day 40 weeks a year.

[quote name='HowStern']Yeah people complained about artie fallen asleep and now that he is actively participating in the show people are complaining about that.

I like him the way he is lately way more. It's almost like he was when he first joined.[/QUOTE]

Now that I've gotten to the Coppolla interview episode I've noticed he's calming down and really trying to not interrupt. And I also noticed that Howard turns his mic off during the interviews.You can hear him in the distance from another mic at first and then his voice gets louder.

He was just terrible for a few weeks though. He would shout everything he had to say, he would interrupt anyone at anytime, his jokes weren't funny or didn't make sense most of the time, and he was just being really rude to the guests.

My only complaint about him now is that he still feels a need to crowbar the word "heroin" in to every thing he says. Point in case: Howard asked him and Robin if anyone hears a weird noise in their headphones and Artie says "I dont but then again I was a heroin addict." What's that even supposed to mean? Having said that though, he's starting to get good again.

EDIT: I can't wait to hear the "God bless .." call. My buddy was describing it to me and I was laughing my ass off. And speaking of Tradio, I burst out with laughter yesterday at work when I heard the old call where "Rusty" calls in and says he lost his fuck books. :rofl:

[quote name='wildcpac']Because he is a lying fat fuck who lies about everything and talks over everybody. Lets also not forget that he is a hack and far from being funny.

The Stern show is dead. Howard just pisses on it's corpse 4 days a week, 4 hours a day 40 weeks a year.[/QUOTE]

hey it's wildc from stern fan network... sup man...

You know the show is still funny, even though it's not the same and Howard let's everyone else do all the heavy lifting.

[quote name='Maklershed']
My only complaint about him now is that he still feels a need to crowbar the word "heroin" in to every thing he says. Point in case: Howard asked him and Robin if anyone hears a weird noise in their headphones and Artie says "I dont but then again I was a heroin addict." What's that even supposed to mean? Having said that though, he's starting to get good again.
[/QUOTE]

Ahh yeah. I've been noticing that and I didn't know if it was in my head how often he brings heroin into the conversation. Definitely annoying. Like you said half the times it doesn't even make sense.

As much as he's gotten better I still would have liked to see what it would be like if he had gotten replaced by like Dave Attell or Doug Stanhope or somebody good.. Not Greg Fitzsimmons though, I don't like that guy for some reason.

While I havent heard a show during 09, I agree that people bitched when he fell asleep and called in, and now that he's participating, like others in the show has, people are bitching about that?

Like Robin never talks over people till they all stop to listen or her etc etc or even Howard...How many times has he cut Artie off when he was going into a story with someone on the show or the current guest?

No matter what happens on the show, theres always someone to bitch about something.

[quote name='HowStern']
As much as he's gotten better I still would have liked to see what it would be like if he had gotten replaced by like Dave Attell or Doug Stanhope or somebody good.. Not Greg Fitzsimmons though, I don't like that guy for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Because he's smarmy and thinks he's the smartest/funniest person alive.

I personally wonder what it would've been like if Jimmy Kimmel would've stayed on. I think that would've been great too.

[quote name='DestroVega']^ nah dude, Artie did get out of control for like 2 weeks, but it's all good now, IMO[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

[quote name='wildcpac']Anything Else Robin?[/QUOTE]

I didnt start listening to Howard till he hit Sirius.

I guess it took me till the later part of 07 to notice the "anything else robin" comments from him during the news.

Now that I dont have sirius anymore, Ive been going back and listening to the 06 shows and starting over.

Knowing now what I didnt then, he didnt even get 1yr into his contract before he was trying to hurry the show along so he could leave.

Im sure the further I go the more Ill realize just how early he started mailing it in.

the Joe Buck show was hilarious with Artie.. HBO is shit. You never know when a show is allowed to be balls to the wall like the Sopranos, True Blood or if they want you to PG it. I do agree.. the Tony Homo thing is old, but I loved the jabs he was giving to Buck. Oh and Michael Irvin was laughing and enjoying himself.. he only decided to speak up when he realized all the critics/newpapers thought it was a train wreck.

It seems from what I'm hearing that this was a setup to begin with.

Friday, July 10, 2009
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - Comedian and radio personality Artie Lange has been charged with driving under the influence of an intoxicant and careless driving after a minor traffic accident in central New Jersey.

Toms River police say Lange's 2009 Nissan struck the rear of another vehicle around 1:30 p.m. Friday. Police say no one was injured and both vehicles had only minor damage.

Police say the responding officers' observations led to the 41-year-old Lange, of Roseland, being charged. He was taken to police headquarters for processing.

He was issued summonses and released pending a municipal court appearance on July 16. A police spokesman did not know if Lange had retained a lawyer.

Lange is a "Howard Stern Show" regular and recently wrote a best-selling book, "Too Fat to Fish."

This would be one of those times I wish I had my Sirius sub still....took half a year for that to happen.

Wonder if theyll ignore it or talk about it.

I really hope alcohol is the extent of what he was doing. I had a bad feeling a relapse might happen after hearing how crazy he was getting about going to Vegas.

[quote name='Will']This would be one of those times I wish I had my Sirius sub still....took half a year for that to happen.

Wonder if theyll ignore it or talk about it.[/QUOTE]

you seriously have to wonder about that??

[quote name='DestroVega']you seriously have to wonder about that??[/QUOTE]

Its safe to say they wont be able to avoid it altogether...but just how much and how deep they get into it is another thing.

Since it has nothing to do with Howard, Beth or his daughters, Im sure Howard will be wanting to talk about it. He's good at pointing out the personal shit of others vs his own laundry.

[quote name='Maklershed']I've never seen his daughters. Has anyone else? Are they cute? (the non 16 year old daughters that is)[/QUOTE]

They are Jewish. What do you think?

Butt Ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='wildcpac']They are Jewish. What do you think?

Butt Ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Its apparent that your last 2 posts mean you arent a fan of the show...so..2 options...

1. Create your own thread of Stern Show Hate.

2. Dont post the hate in this thread.

[quote name='Maklershed']I've never seen his daughters. Has anyone else? Are they cute? (the non 16 year old daughters that is)[/QUOTE]

BethOHowardEmilyStern.jpg

Jesus F'ing Christ - Artie asking for Howard's advice about his reality show on the 6/22 episode is the saddest thing I've ever heard. I wish he would just shut the fuck up. Sorry to bring up the Artie hate again.

Sal and Richard's calls to the swap shop somehow keep getting better. God Bless CAG and God Bless this thread and God Bless HTML and God Bless Cheapy D and God Bless Wombat and Xbox live and Ethernet cables.....

Wow, Artie has got to be playing dumb ... he doesn't know what "copy and paste" or "right clicking" is? Even if you're not a computer person I'd assume you'd have to be able to guess what those terms mean.

Until I see them first hand nothing is ever going to convince me that Lisa G is a C or bigger. I would say 32 B max. Robin's bra guru is shite.

I'm not crazy about her as a person but she spawns a lot of bits and crazy discussion. (ie her cookies, her cartoon, fights with artie, this bra thing, etc)

Ha .. true. Where has Eric the Midget been? And for the love of all that's holy I'd wish they bring Elliot Offen back. Right?!

EDIT: As I post this I'm watching the James Woods episode of Family Guy and I'm hearing the voice of Evil Dave. Yet another person that needs to come back on the show. "It's ok to wear a colostomy bag"

I like the Evil Dave PSA about being sorry your kids are retarded lol...that gets me..plus his "phony phonecall" about adopting a black child...great stuff..

I dont like Lisa G because she wants to be a part of the show....without being a part of the show.

[quote name='Maklershed']Ha .. true. Where has Eric the Midget been? And for the love of all that's holy I'd wish they bring Elliot Offen back. Right?!

EDIT: As I post this I'm watching the James Woods episode of Family Guy and I'm hearing the voice of Evil Dave. Yet another person that needs to come back on the show. "It's ok to wear a colostomy bag"[/QUOTE]

Eric is sick... might be dead soon... sounded like shit last time he called in.

[quote name='Maklershed']Ha .. true. Where has Eric the Midget been? And for the love of all that's holy I'd wish they bring Elliot Offen back. Right?!

EDIT: As I post this I'm watching the James Woods episode of Family Guy and I'm hearing the voice of Evil Dave. Yet another person that needs to come back on the show. "It's ok to wear a colostomy bag"[/QUOTE]

I really miss Elegant Elliot Offen. The NFL season they had going was great when he would argue about all his plugs. You can't beat his vocabulary- ha ha.

The Robin songs are so good lately. The John Cougar 'C-O-C-K in her A-S-S' song is awesome.

With the show being off this week, I actually have a chance to catch up to the live shows.

bread's done
Back