The Human Centipede (Unrated Director's Cut) [Blu-ray] $8.99

It's an excellent movie. I'd recommend it.

My only complaint is the stereo audio. A stereo mix in 2010? wtf

The movie isn't bad. Considering the topic, it is surprisingly... errr... tasteful? There's not a lot of gruesome gore-for-the-sake-of-gore. There's some blood here and there - and, of course, the obvious - but all-in-all, the movie attempts to mess with your mind more than your eyes.

[quote name='whoknows']It's okay. I watched it on Netflix. Glad I didn't pay anything more to see it.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way.

I watched The Human Centipede after seeing the trailer and reading reactions to those that had watched it. While the concept is certainly twisted (albeit pretty original) the scariest thing about the movie wasn't the gore (or lack thereof) but rather

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT:

The hopelessness of the characters who form the centipede. You can't help but feel pity for them, having no way to escape this fate.

SPOILER ALERT OVER

That being said, despite the poor acting (except from Deiter Laser) it's an intriguing movie that I would have been interested in seeing become more developed (bigger budget, better actors perhaps?)

[quote name='rhodysteve311']That being said, despite the poor acting (except from Deiter Laser)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That man's acting was very real and very creepy. I didn't feel much pity for the two women, though - I was glad I didn't have to hear any more of their horrible acting after awhile.

great deal on a fucked up great movie

people can hate all they want, it has a giant cult following especially in the horror community and i for one can't wait for the sequel.

You realize most people hate on this movie because it's a piece of garbage right? I'm not a film elitist by any means, but THC was the worst movie of 2010. Heck, I'll say the last 5 years.

There's a small niche for those who like to watch others literally eat feces, but those that don't like it aren't being Haters. Not in this case.

[quote name='styl3s']people can hate all they want, it has a giant cult following especially in the horror community and i for one can't wait for the sequel.[/QUOTE]
Aren't there a lot of terrible movies that this could be said of? A giant following does not make a movie great. Acting, writing, cinematography, concept and all of those more technical things make a movie great. I am not sure any movie written about coeds getting lost and not having phone reception could be considered great, it has just been done a few too many times.

It's really not a bad film at all; I've found that those who hate on it are largely elitist douchebags who didn't like it because it's not "civilized" like what they think qualifies as a typical horror film in their bizarre little minds.

The movie is ass, but you should know that just by word of mouth or doing a few review searches. But its a niche horror movie. Most people know you watch horror movies to see how fucked up the kill scenes or what nutty things are going to happen to the victims.

If your into that kind of stuff, for this being less than 10$ go for it. I would.

Recommend watching this on Netflix, if you can stomach the premise. I don't think anyone should pay for it, though.

It's not terrible, but it's really not very good, either. It's also not really that shocking or gross. I was more entertained than with the average completely terrible random Netflix horror movie, but it's not something I'd even watch again.

Mildly interested in the sequel.

If you do get this, be sure to watch the deleted scene. One of the most hilarious, bizarre outtakes I've ever seen.

This movie was pointless. Not really sure what it was trying to accomplish besides saying its 100% medically accurate.

Its awful. Saw it on Netflix because a reviewer buddy said he got physically sick watching it (he is a pussy, but I digress)

For a B-Rate horror flick, the production quality was pretty high. The actors were not too terrible, the video/audio quality was decent, and the story was more clever than most B-rate horrors.

It's worth one watch, but I would recommend watching it under the influence and/or with friends who know what you're getting yourself into.

I saw this movie on Netflix.. You know people said it was gonna be a good movie so I had these expectations..(that and the plot was intriguing)

But when I put it on, the movie really didn't catch my attention too much. Nothing amazing or cool happened, it was sort of your run of the mill weird Horror flick. It was a bad as the newest Freddy movie. What the heck was up with that, man?

[quote name='Darknuke']For a B-Rate horror flick, the production quality was pretty high. The actors were not too terrible, the video/audio quality was decent, and the story was more clever than most B-rate horrors.

It's worth one watch, but I would recommend watching it under the influence and/or with friends who know what you're getting yourself into.[/QUOTE]

by influence do you mean high or drunk ? I cant drink alcohol haha but I can do the other :D

bread's done
Back