[The Humble Bundle] Weekly Sale - Alan Wake

[quote name='supershammy']berzik, there isn't a parallel here between buying this game for $2 and pirating it. You are willfully excluding all of the people who are buying this game with no real intention to play it, or who had no interest in it prior. The first thing you have to accept is that piracy isn't something that the majority of PC gamers practice, no matter how much you don't want to believe that. Not all PC gamers are the same person who all believe and do the same things. Additionally, this purchase - nor any purchase, for that matter - is being presented as an opportunity to vote for AAA publishing and against DRM simultaneously. That's like saying that walking is always done in protest of driving. Lastly, the people who are aware of Humble Bundle sales are an incredibly small number in comparison to all PC gamers, and the devs who put their games on this service know that, and they know the sort of clientele they are going to get through this service.

Having said all that, you are coming off like an asshole.[/QUOTE]

Early contender for post of the year! :applause:

I don't think Remedy, EFF, or Child's Play would have made over $285,500 if it wasn't pay what you want. Do you hate charity or something berzik?
Looks like a cool game and a $1 investment when I get a new computer (some day).

I paid $5.

But get this, this is the third time, I've bought this game. I bought the digital 360 copy, I liked it so much I got the CE on the 360, then this version. I've also read the book that came with the CE and also bought the strategy guide/artbook they released, got all of the DLC and bought American Nightmare on launch. I think I've gone far and beyond to support Remedy (bought Max Payne on PC on CD, no less back in the day and still use my Max Payne mousepad which is right beside me) and their products.

So yes, there are some of us who will support a new IP, in more ways than one and gladly so, and can do so without being a total hypocrite and accuse others of doing something slimey in the meantime.

I bought this copy for two reasons, to get a DRM free backup copy for PC, and to get the exclusive extras they've never released before.

Plus the Mr. Scratch song rules.

And on top of that, I gave it all to the kids. Remedy got zilch and neither did humble bundle, did I fret over that decision, I willingly and willfully did it.

And currently their over $300,000 too.

I hate to derail the thread and actually talk about the game. When i got alan wake in a bundle to replace my then Jurassic 360. Thought nothing of it. When get around playing the game, what i got was nothing i expected.

Did i know Alan Wake was a Suspenseful Thriller, nope. Would of liked a warning, but i got through it. This was also the first game i used my now defected surround sound headsets on. The experience i got was wonderful. The well written narrative, interesting cast of characters and the atmosphere which harkens back to any childhood fear of what goes bump in the dark. It's a worthwhile journey.

I never got to play any of the DLC and American Nightmare and now that i've had my wonderful PC i get the chance to jump back into places where light has yet to reach the dark.

So for those of you on the fence, it should be a non regrettable purchase. It's a humble bundle, pay it as you see fit. For those of you that have big backlogs, it may be another game in your pile and i ask nothing more to the put it in your queue of things to beat. Maybe not the next thing, but sometime soon. Also if you dare, play it at night with pair of surround sound headphones.

Enjoy your stay at Bright Falls. Don't worry, i'll leave the light on.

[quote name='jdarrx1987']Yeah I payed a dollar for 2 games, but i work at gamestop... say i play it and LOVE it.... arent i a HUGE promoter towards pushing this game to my customers and then the sequel? Pretty sure Remedy has nothing against me.:cool:[/QUOTE]

That's the first I've heard of a Gamestop employee pushing a good game.

Since folks were curious, I purchased 2 physical copies, and am trying to decide if I should buy a third copy on XBL. 1st was the original for $20, then I discovered how amazing the game was. So I bought the collectors edition for the book, and exclusive content. I think that was somewhere around $30

My rant is more about how PC gamers marginalize themselves by having a chance to pay what they want, and seeing that on average, end up being $2. By CAG's very own measure, the game valuation, 123 people think Alan Wake alone is worth an average of $25.62. Why such a large discrepancy? Why should devs work hard to provide great PC games when they'll make so little on them?

The other awesome justification is, "Well, I'll never play it anyway." So the only way you should pay a reasonable price for something is if you're going to use it in the immediate future?

Having said all that, I fully realize I am soapboxing, and whining about how PC gamers are helping ruin their own industry...in a thread about a discounted PC game. That is sort of like giving a lecture on diversity at a Tea Party rally. I get what you guys are saying, I just strongly disagree with it.

As far as being an asshole, a jerk, or ignored...I sincerely couldn't care less, I quit caring about those kinds of things years ago. It's the freakin internet afterall! :twisted:

I had the chance to play through Alan Wake and Alan Wake American Nightmare. Both of them are fantastic. This is such an amazing deal and you are helping out charity.

Just dropped $10 bucks on it. Gave the majority to Remedy, really only got it in hopes they make a Wake 2.

Figured it was fair considering I already have Alan Wake, the two DLC packs, American Night all on Xbox and I paid full price for each one at release, totally ignoring my CAG DNA. :lol:

Plus according to my Steam library, I have American Nightmare already though I'm not sure how.

Already played the original on Xbox (before it died), but I never got to play the DLC. I put in $2 for this since I paid full price previously. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel (on PS4...). I downloaded the 4GB file of Night Springs episodes last night. Looking forward to watching them this weekend :D

the wording isn't as clear this time. does $2 get me AW:CE and American Nightmare DRM free and steam keys? i'm used to paying $7 for these and beating the average.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']the wording isn't as clear this time. does $2 get me AW:CE and American Nightmare DRM free and steam keys? i'm used to paying $7 for these and beating the average.[/QUOTE]

In short, yes. $1 or more gets you DRM-free downloads of both games AND Steam keys of both games.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Will we get another weekly if the humble bundle 8 is going on.....or no?[/QUOTE]

If they have something lined up to go on sale, I'd say yes. That is to say, they won't let the fact that there is a Humble Indie Bundle going on stop them from doing an weekly sale. It probably wont be too "indie" though. Probably something along the lines of Alan Wake or the THQ-from-beyond-the-grave weekly.

bread's done
Back