The Humble Mobile Bundle - 4/2 Funky Smugglers, Raiden Legacy, Another World (no PC)

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Unlike previous game bundles, there are no PC, Mac, or Linux downloads for this and no Steam keys. Soundtracks are available for all games except Contre Jour.

Pay what you want:
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Contre Jour
  • Anomaly Korea
  • Bladeslinger

Beat the Average:
  • The Room
  • Metal Slug 3
  • Funky Smugglers*
  • Raiden Legacy*
  • Another World*
*If you purchased before April 2nd at 11 AM PDT you got these for free

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh.. I was hoping there'd at least be a Steam key for PvZ, but looks like I'm passing on this since I don't have an android device.

The Room is a debut on Android and got a lot of praise on iOS. I've been hoping for it to come to the platform. That's probably a strong BTA game and without mass $1 buys for Steam codes I wonder how low this will get.

[quote name='louiedog']The Room is a debut on Android and got a lot of praise on iOS. I've been hoping for it to come to the platform. That's probably a strong BTA game and without mass $1 buys for Steam codes I wonder how low this will get.[/QUOTE]

But on the other hand, people who want to go cheap no longer need to pay at least $1. You might see a bunch of penny sales on this one.

I'm with Sunghost/Spoderman. I don't have an android device, so it's a pass for me.

Plants vs. Zombies on Android is easily the worst version I've played. It's basically the gimped launch iteration of the iPhone version that PopCap/EA abandoned.

Hmm, no mention that this bundle is DRM free. Are the APKs available to download directly like with previous Android bundles, or is the Humble client app now mandatory?

[quote name='11440']Hmm, no mention that this bundle is DRM free. Are the APKs available to download directly like with previous Android bundles, or is the Humble client app now mandatory?[/QUOTE]

The apks are still available

[quote name='11440']Hmm, no mention that this bundle is DRM free. Are the APKs available to download directly like with previous Android bundles, or is the Humble client app now mandatory?[/QUOTE]

As said, direct links to apks are available. Even if the app was needed to get them, I don't think it is used as any sort of DRM, just a downloader and a way to keep them up to date. You can delete it after installing the games.

[quote name='TheRainCoat']Would my HTC One S be able to run The Room

The android version is 4.0.4[/QUOTE]

I tested it out for 2 minutes on my Photon Q which has very similar specs (dual 1.5 ghz snapdragon but slightly different chipset, same GPU, same RAM, same Android version, same resolution) and it seemed to run well.

The Room, Metal Slug 3, and PvZ for $5? I really need to upgrade to an Android.

You're tearing me apart, Windows Phone!

First thing I thought of when I saw the title. I had to say it. And I'm spent.

[quote name='Vyrtigo']The apks are still available[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog']As said, direct links to apks are available. Even if the app was needed to get them, I don't think it is used as any sort of DRM, just a downloader and a way to keep them up to date. You can delete it after installing the games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='djsmf435']Im assuming these run on a Nexus 7?[/QUOTE]

Well, the Room runs nicely on my Galaxy Nexus Phone, so I can only imagine a Nexus 7 should be able to handle it without much trouble.

I need to get me a Nexus 7. I love my phone, but I'm starting to want a bit more real estate for games and reading.

I've only tried PvZ and The Room so far, but they both run fine on the Nexus 7.

I threw a dime in since there weren't any Steam Keys this time. Only ones I could use anyways were Contre and Bladslinger.

Sure they do. :)

I personally love the game Contre Jour :)!

Hope Steam keys are added later, would love Anomaly Korea on PC as well...

[quote name='Luriden']You're tearing me apart, Windows Phone![/QUOTE]
:applause:

All 6 games run smoothly on the Nexus 7. None of the games seemed graphics heavy except for some additional features in Bladeslinger, so there wasn't really any lag for any of them.

As far as my thoughts on the bundle, I thought beating the average was worth it for The Room alone. I couldn't help but finish the entirety of it in one sitting. It took me two hours, but only because I've been craving puzzle games lately and had to know what was at the end.

Wow I am pissed. I got so used to having steam apply along with android that I BTAd this and then realized once I got home there was no steam.... I want a refund lol

No Steam No Buy.
I thought I was finally gonna get PvZ for $1.
It figures they would skip the usual Steam keys
because of the PvZ inclusion being too "valuable".

I'm tempted to BTA just to get Metal Slug 3 for Linux. If anyone who uses Linux and likes games knows that Linux could definitely use more games.

Scratch that, it's only for Android. Definitely not buying now.

[quote name='gordojones88']No Steam No Buy.
I thought I was finally gonna get PvZ for $1.
It figures they would skip the usual Steam keys
because of the PvZ inclusion being too "valuable".[/QUOTE]

PvZ has been free (direct from Popcap anyway, not Steam) so I don't know if that's the reason.

Not really too sure if this one is worth getting. I already have PvZ for free from Amazon and Metal Slug 3 from Google Play. Not sure if The Room alone is worth beating the average based on its trailer. Hopefully they'll add something worth getting to the bundle and not previous Humble Android bundles.

A few Steam keys would've made this an instabuy.

[quote name='sykotek']Not really too sure if this one is worth getting. I already have PvZ for free from Amazon and Metal Slug 3 from Google Play. Not sure if The Room alone is worth beating the average based on its trailer. Hopefully they'll add something worth getting to the bundle and not previous Humble Android bundles.

A few Steam keys would've made this an instabuy.[/QUOTE]

The Room is really the only reason I got this. I kept hearing that it was one of the best iOS games, and if I can get it for free after donating to charity, sign me up.

Hey, I tired to download the games on my Galaxy Note 2 and they all say failed after downloading for a long time. Anyone know what's wrong, or is this just a compatibility issue? (I saw that the Note 2 is not compatible with PvZ, but it was not noted on the others).

I'm really surprised the average is so high on this one, how low did it start? I'm really curious if/how hard it would be to get these to run on the Ouya, yes ... I Kickstarted it, mainly because the android device I have is a really ... really low end android tablet a friend gave me.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I'm really surprised the average is so high on this one, how low did it start? I'm really curious if/how hard it would be to get these to run on the Ouya, yes ... I Kickstarted it, mainly because the android device I have is a really ... really low end android tablet a friend gave me.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I saw the average ever under 4.85. It's just way too high for me to beat it for just The Room (no interest on MS3 on a tablet).

It seems a bit silly to complain that there's no Steam keys in this bundle, given that PvZ is the only game that's even out on PC, let alone Steam.

[quote name='mrsamsa']It seems a bit silly to complain that there's no Steam keys in this bundle, given that PvZ is the only game that's even out on PC, let alone Steam.[/QUOTE]

I think a Steam key for PvZ alone would be enough to satisfy many of us. I'd have paid a dollar to get a steam key for that.

[quote name='spoderman']I think a Steam key for PvZ alone would be enough to satisfy many of us. I'd have paid a dollar to get a steam key for that.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine you'd have to pry a steam key for pvz out of EA's cold dead hands.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I'd imagine you'd have to pry a steam key for pvz out of EA's cold dead hands.[/QUOTE]

I would've thought the same thing about Shank/Shank 2, but HB managed to get Steam keys for those. Who knows, maybe the Steam versions are published differently or something.

[quote name='spoderman']I would've thought the same thing about Shank/Shank 2, but HB managed to get Steam keys for those. Who knows, maybe the Steam versions are published differently or something.[/QUOTE]

Shank is published by Klei on steam. That would be why

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Shank is published by Klei on steam. That would be why[/QUOTE]

Yep. It was an EA Partners deal which, probably similar to Bastion's WB deal, is more flexible and mostly about distribution and marketing because you need a publisher on XBLA. Amalur was an EA Partners deal as well. Console versions were published by EA but 38 Studios did the Steam release. Popcop is owned outright by EA.

[quote name='spoderman']I think a Steam key for PvZ alone would be enough to satisfy many of us. I'd have paid a dollar to get a steam key for that.[/QUOTE]

I think, quite honestly, they don't want to use steam keys to interest people with this bundle. They've done that with the Humble for Android bundles. Here, they are obviously trying something new. This, like the Humble Music Bundle and Humble Ebook Bundle, are being sold and marketed completely outside of the PC game category.

[quote name='gilby']I think, quite honestly, they don't want to use steam keys to interest people with this bundle. They've done that with the Humble for Android bundles. Here, they are obviously trying something new. This, like the Humble Music Bundle and Humble Ebook Bundle, are being sold and marketed completely outside of the PC game category.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get that. I see this bundle as more of a test though. If it fails to get enough sales, I'd bet they'll go back to doing more Humble Android bundles and scrap the whole "Mobile" concept. It's not a bad bundle if you own an android device.. aside for maybe Metal Slug 3. I don't see why anyone would want to play that game without a controller.

[quote name='gilby']I think, quite honestly, they don't want to use steam keys to interest people with this bundle. They've done that with the Humble for Android bundles. Here, they are obviously trying something new. This, like the Humble Music Bundle and Humble Ebook Bundle, are being sold and marketed completely outside of the PC game category.[/QUOTE]

None of the games are on steam except pvz, which is an EA game. With that being said, I wonder if any of these android games make it to steam if they'd offer steam keys for them

If anybody has a HP Touchpad running Android, I can confirm all the non-BTA games work great on it, even Bladeslinger and Anomaly. Pretty fun games, too.

[quote name='spoderman']Yeah, I get that. I see this bundle as more of a test though. If it fails to get enough sales, I'd bet they'll go back to doing more Humble Android bundles and scrap the whole "Mobile" concept.[/QUOTE]

It's possible. We haven't yet seen a second music bundle or second ebook bundle.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']None of the games are on steam except pvz, which is an EA game. With that being said, I wonder if any of these android games make it to steam if they'd offer steam keys for them[/QUOTE]

I really doubt it.

I played through the first Anamoly on my Xoom. So I wanted to play the sequel on it. This is perfect. I don't care about Steam.

bread's done
Back