The "I can't believe it's not Halo!" thread

Ugamer_X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
As opposed to making new threads for all these new Live games coming out, I figured it was time to make another "every other Live game you have besides Halo 2." So use this to discuss and set up times for everything from Burnout to Super World Poker Tour Fighter: Hyper Ultimate Tournament Championship Edition II.

I'm sure we'd all like to still play Halo 2 on a nightly basis, but let's face it, it's November 2005. There's a ton of new stuff that just came out and it would be a sin to ignore all these games. Look at all the Xbox Live games I just picked up in the last week alone:
DSCN0547.jpg

Now add to that GTA:LCS, and a few other PS2 games I'm picking up and you've got yourself a lot of shit to sort through before the 360 comes out.

So let's try this again, list all your Live games and make note of the ones you want to try out.

My list:
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat*
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30*
Burnout Revenge*
Capcom vs Snk 2
Conker: L&R*
Crimson Skies*
Doom 3*
ESPN NFL 2k5
Farcry*
Forza*
Guilty Gear X2
Halo 2
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes*
Mechassault
Mechassault 2*
Mudnight Club 2
Phantom Dust*
Project Gotham Racing 2
Project Snowblind*
Rainbow Six 3*
Splinter Cell: PT
Star Wars: Battlefront 2*
Street Fighter: AC*
SVC Chaos
Tetris Worlds
Wolfenstein*
Unreal Championship

Games with an asterisk are ones that I want to try out or just play more of.

Edit: for Tetris Worlds, I mean, who could forget that gem.

Man... I had both the new Kingdom Under Fire and Project Snowblind. All I can say is "dogshit". :/

Here are the Live titles I have:

- Blitz: The League *
- Burnout Revenge
- Darkwatch
- DOOM 3: Limited Collector's Edition
- DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil
- Far Cry Instincts
- Forza Motorsport
- Godzilla: Save the Earth
- Guilty Gear x2 #Reload
- Halo 2
- MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf, Limited Edition
- Mortal Kombat: Deception
- Star Wars Republic Commando *
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike +
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow +
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory +
- Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
- World Poker Tour
- X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse

Italicized are ones I've been frequenting as of late; asterisk are ones I haven't played on Live yet; plus are ones I'd like to play more.

I'm reserving my space in this thread, as I will be getting atleast 2, maybe 3 more Live enabled games by the weekend. Plus I don't have time to type up my games, as I have to finish getting ready for and head out to work in a matter of minutes, stupid 3rd shift and no videogames, except while others are working or asleep.

I should have Battlefield 2 on Friday. Just got rid of FarCry; wasn't digging it. Z sold it too.

I heard that Kingdom Under Fire was good, but laggy as hell online. Brak?

[quote name='Trakan']I heard that Kingdom Under Fire was good, but laggy as hell online. Brak?[/QUOTE]

If there were a realm below Hell, I'd option to use that word to describe it's lag.

The single-player is stale, too, in that nothing is different (save for the spells). It may have been fun the first time around, but the initial "wow value" of the game is lost.

My list:

Halo 2 (weak sauce)
World Poker Tour (hot fire)
Phantom Dust (hot fire)
NFL 2K5 (hot fire)
Burnout Revenge (uh...)
Forza (uh...)
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (hot fire)

[quote name='zewone']My list:

Halo 2 (weak sauce)
World Poker Tour (hot fire)
Phantom Dust (hot fire)
NFL 2K5 (hot fire)
Burnout Revenge (uh...)[/QUOTE]

What happened to Far Cry?

[quote name='Brak']What happened to Far Cry?[/QUOTE]
Sold it to onetrackmind. I beat the single player campaign and I didn't think I would play much online.

Capcom vs. SNK 2
Conker: Live and Reloaded
DOOM 3
Guilty Gear XX #Reload
Halo 2
King of Fighters 2002/2003
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Phantom Dust
Project Gotham Racing 2
SNK vs. Capcom: SvC Chaos
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Star Wars Battlefront
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Unreal Championship 2
World Poker Tour
Worms 3D
XIII
X-Men Legends II

Link

Games I play most often are bolded.

Live Games
  • Burnout 3: Takedown
  • Chessmaster
  • Crash N Burn
  • Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
  • ESPN College Hoops 2K5
  • ESPN NHL 2K5
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
  • Halo 2
  • Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
  • Links 2004
  • Mechassault
  • Midtown Madness 3
  • MX vs ATV Unleashed
  • NCCA Football 2005
  • NHL 2K6
  • Phantom Dust
  • Project Gotham Racing 2
  • Rallisport Challenge 2
  • Spikeout: Battlestreet
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars
  • Tenchu: Return from Darkness
  • Tetris Worlds
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
  • Top Spin
  • Unreal Championship
  • Unreal Championship 2
  • Worms 3D
  • XIII
  • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Demo
  • Burnout 3: Takedown Demo
  • Darkwatch Demo
  • Doom 3 Demo
  • FIFA 2005 Demo
  • Iron Phoenix Demo
  • MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf Demo
  • Return to Castle Wolfenstien: Tides of War Demo
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Demo
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown Demo
  • Unreal Championship 2 Demo
Xlink Kai or Xbox Connect games (System link online)

• Brute Force
  • Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
  • Deathrow
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Halo 2
  • Links 2004
  • Mechassault
  • Midtown Madness 3
  • Phantom Dust
  • Project Gotham Racing 2
  • Rallisport Challenge 2
  • Serious Sam
  • Spikeout: Battlestreet
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars
  • Time Splitters 2
  • THPS 2X
  • THPS 4
  • THUG
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
  • Top Spin
  • Unreal Championship
  • Unreal Championship 2
  • XIII

doesnt it show what games you're playing on your Live friend's list? most of us are on each other's list as it is, I would assume that if you see someone playing that game that they wouldnt mind if you jump in, if you have the same game as them.

Anyone up for taking my money on World Poker Tour? Or should I just test out Path of Neo.

I didn't think PoN was out until Tuesday, but I went into my Movie Gallery and they had to copies for rent on the shelf, so I said why the hell not and picked it up.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Anyone up for taking my money on World Poker Tour? Or should I just test out Path of Neo.

I didn't think PoN was out until Tuesday, but I went into my Movie Gallery and they had to copies for rent on the shelf, so I said why the hell not and picked it up.[/QUOTE]

Path of Neo looks like ass -- and my tastes in Entertainment (and everything else) are supreme. ;)

Anyway, yeah; if you're on this afternoon, I'll be up for some cards. I think I'll leave here (work) around 4 PM, or something.

If you can find Lockdown for $20, grab that shit, too. ;)

[quote name='Brak']Path of Neo looks like ass -- and my tastes in Entertainment (and everything else) are supreme. ;)

Anyway, yeah; if you're on this afternoon, I'll be up for some cards. I think I'll leave here (work) around 4 PM, or something.

If you can find Lockdown for $20, grab that shit, too. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ahh, but an early weekend rental can reap rewards if Battlefield 2 or Burnout Revenge come back in and this game sucks.

I am not sure whether or not I will be around here at 4. If so, it won't be for more than a few hands tops.

As for Lockdown, along with Far Cry, I won't buy them unless: A. I move out B. My dad gets rid of them or C. I can't snag either from my dad's room to play.

[quote name='rabbitt']I don't see myself playing much Halo 2 anymore.

There are some great online & offline games coming out soon.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Finally someone steps up to the plate and slams the ball out of the park. Halo 2 has become for me, and from the looks of it many, a game that I feel like I have to play, instead of wanting to play it. Don't get me wrong, its still fun occassionally, but not all the time.

With the other great games that have recently come out, theres really no need to limit myself to this game.

Three weeks strong, and my only regret, that some of the newer guys to the clan haven't had a chance to play a game with me and hear the imfamous "bullshit" yell. Ahh, but it will return for a one nighter of glory before its time to bury the hatchet of Halo 2.

I should be picking up WPT in the next few days, and hopefully will be playing some days before I go to work. As for Far Cry, I can play that and Lockdown when my dad isn't playing one of the two.

Battlefield 2 is the ultimate cure for not being able to play Halo as often. I still love Halo, but since nobody ever plays anymore, I picked this up. The game is great. I'm enjoying it alot more than I did Farcry.

fuck I don't know how much I can take of this poker game. I mean, I got served by some 15 year old who knew about buy-ins tonight, this might not be for me.

Some time ago, shortly after a group of us had acquired WPT, Ugamer started sending me random IMs claiming that he was "going to get the game just to take money from me, lol."

I took over half his chip stack in the first hand.

[quote name='zewone']You didn't seem very card savy. You should watch The Magician play on ESPN2.[/QUOTE]
I've heard about this, some sort of World Poker Tour television show? I must laern of these buy-ins so I can get chips at Costco with my credit card.

Anybody want to play Rainbow Six 3 tonight? I just bought it after selling it almost a year ago. I'm going to try to be on in a few hours to play it, so post here if you can. I'm hoping to have 4 people for Terrorist Hunt on Garage.

I might pick up Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow tommorow at TRU. But at the moment, I'm addicted to NFS: MW for the 'Box. If anybody has it, tell me.

[quote name='radjago']Speaking of cards, does anyone want to play some Phantom Dust anytime?[/QUOTE]I'll play that for sure. I've been sick since Monday so if I play tonight I probally won't talk much. My voice sounds so bad when my nose is the way it is.

I'll join in on the Phantom Dust when I get back to Austin. I only brought a few games with me. And TRU didn't have any copies of Rainbow Six.

Anyone up for some Non Halo 2 action tonight?

Possibly:

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
World Poker Tour
Rainbow Six (any of them)
Battlefield 2

other game ideas welcome too, just looking for games that more than a handful of people can player together.

fuck it. I'm playing Halo. Dear god, somebody join me. I hate playing with random people the entire night.

bread's done
Back