The I Can't Find Mountain Dew / Pepsi Products with Xbox 360 Codes Thread

Haggar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I think it's pretty crappy PepsiCo would start this promotion without having enough of the specially marked sodas out in all areas. Here, in New Jersey, I have yet to see a single Xbox 360 Pepsi product on store shelves, and I've been to about 15 stores in the last week. (Not just looking for these sodas, but whatever).

We always seem to get the iTunes Pepsi sodas around the time the promotion starts, sometimes a little early. I live in a very populated part of NJ, so it's not like it's in the sticks and the stores aren't stocked that much. For some reason, we're just not getting the Xbox 360 sodas around here.

And the most insulting thing of all, is two stores I recently went to have been restocked with "new" Pepsi products- but they're all the iTunes caps! From the promotion that ended six months ago! What the fuck is that about? Isn't that soda bad by now?

I'm considering contacting PepsiCo if I don't find some codes at retail within the next week.

So, we can do two things with this thread: Complain about not being able to find the Xbox 360 Pepsi products, and let people know what stores have them in your area, if they're just starting to appear in your area.

[quote name='ajh2298']My problem in my area is I cant find the Diet MD's, and the Diet pepsi's with the codes on them.[/QUOTE]

I would choke down some diet sodas to get codes if I had to. Around here we don't have *any* Xbox 360 codes. At all.

Just that "sports" promotion, and now expired "iTunes" caps.

LOL I think you guys may be wasting your time with these codes. My friend was dissapointed because he saved up 21 codes and didn't win anything... I laughed my ass off. Sorry but if it was that easy everyone would be doing it. I'm not saying you can't win but the odds of winning aren't as good as a lot of people think. Pepsi wouldn't be doing this if they weren't making money off of it...

I went through our local supermarkets in RI over the last few days and found nothing. My girlfriend did buy a Pepsi from a smaller convenience store and that DID have a code on it, but other than that, it's as dry here as many have said it is elsewhere.

I'm glad other people are having this problem. I havent seen them anywhere either (in NJ) and as for the "the odds of winning aren't worth it" argument, if you drink the sodas anyway, whats the harm in putting some codes on a website? SOMEONE is winning, why not do it if its free?

Well I'm not talking about the people that would be buying the sodas anyways but people like my friend that specifically buy them for the codes are probably just wasting their time and money.

Where are both of you in NJ which counties? I'm in Mercer County. Also very populated and have only seen them at 7-11. What was that shit I heard about people getting codes from a football game or some game?

Im starting to see codes everywhere. The promotion just started a week ago, and they gotta sell the mountain dew that still there before they can put the new stuff out. The best place to find codes is gas stations from what ive seen.

[quote name='momadaboo']LOL I think you guys may be wasting your time with these codes. My friend was dissapointed because he saved up 21 codes and didn't win anything... I laughed my ass off. Sorry but if it was that easy everyone would be doing it. I'm not saying you can't win but the odds of winning aren't as good as a lot of people think. Pepsi wouldn't be doing this if they weren't making money off of it...[/QUOTE]

Its easy, work the odds in your favor, never put 1 point in a 10 min slot, ever, minimally put 2, if the slot as lower than average put 4. You will eventually win.

No codes anywhere here either. I've been to Albertson's, Sam's Club, VONS, 7-11, Ralph's, Sav-On, Walgreen's, and Food 4 Less. It's not because they're sold out either, my friend works stock at VONS, and said they get in a new shipment of soda like every other day, and none of them are Xbox 360 promo ones.

Don't blame Pepsi Co. for not sending out the bottles, blame your local stores for not selling the old ones fast enough. Stores won't order or display new stock until the old ones either sell out or reach expiration. They are going to put the ones closest to expiration first, so as to minimize their losses, and that's why you see the ones with old promotions out still. At a restaurant I work at we have had the bottles with new codes out for a couple days before the promotion started but didn't put any out because there were still old ones to go through first. I put a couple newer ones in the back just because its funny to watch people dig through the whole display to get to them, and when they leave their bottles I can just take the codes.

[quote name='The Dord']Its easy, work the odds in your favor, never put 1 point in a 10 min slot, ever, minimally put 2, if the slot as lower than average put 4. You will eventually win.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you will win eventually, after you spend $500 on soda pop. LOL

I think a good idea is go to like a walgreens, and if you do find the bottles with the codes, check when they expire, and say they expire on the 20th of september or something, go the day before, the day of, and the day after and check the trash cans for all the mountain dew they threw out. I used to work at a movie theater, and we sold coke, and they had this promotion where 1 in 5 caps won a free 1 liter, and when they expired, i offererd to throw them out, so i took all the caps off i ended up with about 110 free coke 1 liters. I have free coke for months now!

For the 12 packs and 24 packs

Where can I find “Every 10 Minutes” specially-marked packaging?
Between 8/28/05 and 10/15/05, look for specially-marked packages at your local convenience store, grocery store and other retail locations, while supplies last. In addition, look for specially marked Every 10 Minutes stickers affixed on 12 and 24 packs at participating:

7-Eleven stores between 10/1/05 and 10/31/05
Target stores between 10/2/05 and 10/22.

Here in Wisconsin, bottles are showing up in more and more places.

24-packs? Not so much.

(39 codes & counting....feel free to PM me more.... ;))

[quote name='cag1000']Where are both of you in NJ which counties? I'm in Mercer County. Also very populated and have only seen them at 7-11. What was that shit I heard about people getting codes from a football game or some game?[/QUOTE]

I'm in Monmouth County, and since I started this thread I've been to 3 more stores, and they all have the iTunes Pepsi promotion products. So apparently, my local Pepsi distributor has tons of old Pepsi they're trying to get rid of and are clogging the shelves with old soda with the iTunes codes.

I'm guessing the Xbox 360 sodas will begin to show up around here in June of '07.

I think if you enter your code and it doesn' win, you CAN still use it towards free swag like a hoodie or t-shirt. The stuff they're giving away isn't a great consolation prize, but if you happen to have a bunch of codes entered and you don't win an Xbox 360, its not a complete waste. At least you have something you can wear to the gym as you try and burn off the 100,000 or so empty calories you consumed in the effort to win an Xbox 360.

I *finally* found some Pepsi products with the Xbox 360 codes. Target had Diet Pepsi with the promotion (only Diet Pepsi) and a local Wegman's had Diet Mountain Dew with the codes (again, only Diet Mountain Dew).

I bought 10 bottles of Diet Mountain Dew, and am going to enter all 10 codes into a single timeslot. I hope I win. :)

I don't really care too much for this Diet Mountain Dew, but if I'm going to be drinking lots of soda in the coming weeks, at least I won't get fat(ter).

[quote name='Haggar']I *finally* found some Pepsi products with the Xbox 360 codes. Target had Diet Pepsi with the promotion (only Diet Pepsi) and a local Wegman's had Diet Mountain Dew with the codes (again, only Diet Mountain Dew).

I bought 10 bottles of Diet Mountain Dew, and am going to enter all 10 codes into a single timeslot. I hope I win. :)

I don't really care too much for this Diet Mountain Dew, but if I'm going to be drinking lots of soda in the coming weeks, at least I won't get fat(ter).[/QUOTE]

Don't enter yet....save some more up.

[quote name='TJordan522']Don't enter yet....save some more up.[/QUOTE]

How many do you suggest? There are some early morning slots that have 70-ish codes in them. If I drop all 10 codes that like a 1-7ish chance.

I don't know how much of this Diet Mountain Dew I can drink before I get a brain tumor. I spent $13 on 10 bottles, if I keep buying these in bulk I might as well just use that money towards my Xbox 360 preorder at EB.

Any help is appreciated, honestly.

[quote name='Haggar']How many do you suggest? There are some early morning slots that have 70-ish codes in them. If I drop all 10 codes that like a 1-7ish chance.

I don't know how much of this Diet Mountain Dew I can drink before I get a brain tumor. I spent $13 on 10 bottles, if I keep buying these in bulk I might as well just use that money towards my Xbox 360 preorder at EB.

Any help is appreciated, honestly.[/QUOTE]

I havent been keeping track as of late, but are there really times that only have that many codes in them?

[quote name='ajh2298']I havent been keeping track as of late, but are there really times that only have that many codes in them?[/QUOTE]

When I looked a few hours ago I was checking around 3 am and 4 am timeslots on Wednesday or Thursday. There were 3 or 4 slots that had between 70-78 codes in them.

Granted, they could fill up more before that "auction" goes on, but for now, there's about 70-ish in a few of them.

The codes are apparently just starting to trickle into the East Coast, so I figure the sooner I do it, the better.

[quote name='Haggar']How many do you suggest? There are some early morning slots that have 70-ish codes in them. If I drop all 10 codes that like a 1-7ish chance.

Any help is appreciated, honestly.[/QUOTE]

That's true. I mean, if you drank the soda regularly aside from the contest, it would make sense to save up more....but when you are only buying it for the codes and drinking it is painful, I'd just enter the 10 and hope for the best. No need to waste your money.

To receive one free Code and copy of Official Rules without purchase, while supplies last, send a self-addressed stamped envelope postmarked by 10/10/05 (to be received by 10/15/05) to "Every 10 Minutes" Request, P.O. Box 3330, Young America, MN 55558-3330.
There.

bread's done
Back