The "I want to order a Metal Gear Solid 4 US *limited edition* PS3 system" thread

merkman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I haven't seen any dedicated threads about this yet, and after the announcement yesterday that the limited edition PS3 system IS being released in the US... I'm VERY excited about getting one. Unfortunately, that was the only system that didn't have full details listed about it. :(

My hope would be that if anyone finds out where you can pre-order one (I've heard GameCrazy mentioned, but I've never shopped there and don't even think there is one local.), either online or when they are available for pre-order in-stores... that folks could share that info. Hopefully I'll find it soon enough to get one, unlike when I was on vacation and the original PS3's were all pre-ordered before release. :(

And of course, any solid details about whether it will be a 40GB or 80GB model, backwards compatibilitiy, etc.... all that info is extremely important.

Lets keep this in one thread, not threadcrap, and be helpful here folks. Looking forward to MGS4 in a HUGE way!!! :)

FOUR years and still can't post in the right forum. Good lord.

Yes you can preorder them at GC. You can probably PO them at Gamestop, too.

The Gunmetal system is going to be separate from the MGS4/DS3 bundle that was already announced? That seems kind of stupid.

If it's an 80gig then it's going to be hard to resist. I already have a PS3 but I love the way the gunmetal color looks.

[quote name='mrlokievil']If it's an 80gig then it's going to be hard to resist. I already have a PS3 but I love the way the gunmetal color looks.[/quote]

The US bundle is 80gb plain black, the Japanese bundle is only 40gb "Hagane" color.

2401724641_c9bbdc8b62.jpg

If you want the Hagane colored one it will cost you $700+ to import. I already have a few on pre-order.

[quote name='xcopy']The US bundle is 80gb plain black, the Japanese bundle is only 40gb "Hagane" color.

2401724641_c9bbdc8b62.jpg

If you want the Hagane colored one it will cost you $700+ to import. I already have a few on pre-order.
[/quote]

Konami just announced the other day(yesterday I think) that we are getting the same limited edition ps3 that the japanese have. They said it'd be a very, very limited release.

EDIT- Here we go:

http://kotaku.com/378479/mgs4s-steel-ps3-coming-to-the-us

Gotta admit, I'd love to close this thread right now as a big FU several of those who posted above, and whoever moved this post into this forum. The first reply is threadcrapping big time, there are no other posts about this system so having one in the deals thread really wouldn't hurt anyone, and sorry if I posted MGS3 instead of 4. OMG isn't that terrible?

However, I can only hope with the limited looks at this thread in this off the wall forum someone still might know when the US MGS4 LE system goes on pre-order, and I might get an order in before it's too late. And just closing this thread doesn't help me or anyone else the way my original thread intended.

That said, as a long time poster here who I believe has a decent reputation, I'm still disappointed in the way this whole thing was handled.

I really want the 'gunmetal' US version, I'm going to try my hardest to get a hold of a few.

And!!!

Yea eerily similar username to mine merkman lol !

bread's done
Back