The ideal candidate?

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I came across this list while surfing today, it's someones list of "Plan to save America".

I don't agree with all of it, some of it is amusing, and some of it is dead on. I thought it would be good fresh discussion material though.

Obviously most of it is very right wing, but I did get my left wing co-worker to agree that about half of it is a good idea but unlikely.

Domestic Policy

• Cut Federal Income Taxes by 2% per year, for 4 years for a minimum total of 8% over 4 years.

• Reduce Federal Government departments by 4% each year, for a total reduction of 16% over 4 years.

• No public assistance for the able bodied and no public assistance for immigrants for 5 years. Repatriate immigrants not working after 2 years.

• Tariffs on all cars on trucks from foreign companies, even if manufactured in America.

• Have illegals build a wall between Mexico and America. Then repatriate them. Pay them a one time worker fee.

• Increase pay for active duty combat troops by 10%.

• Fire any unmarried military person that becomes pregnant on active duty.

• Make abortions illegal, except when the physical survival of the mother is threatened. To be determined by 3 medical doctors.

• Require Norplant for all women on welfare of child bearing age.

• Expand the DEA while decriminalizing most drugs.

• Eliminate all foreign ownership of any American media entity.

• Break up overly large conglomerates like News Corporation.

• Encourage child bearing among tax paying citizens. Create a marriage incentive through lower taxes for married heterosexual couples and a government subsidy for each child conceived and carried to birth. Increase the subsidies for each year the couple remains married.

• Repatriate all illegals in prison and encourage all others to self repatriate through double taxation on wages and fines on employers.

International Policy

• Iraq: Cordon off the Sunni Triangle, give the people 72 hours to leave and reduce the entire sector to rubble with an aerial campaign. Send Iraqi troops in to mop up pockets of resistance. Emphasis on “Iraqi troops in to mop up pockets of resistance”.

• Divide Iraq into 4 sectors, Sunni, Shia, Kurd and international.

• Remove all US troops after above is achieved.

• Iran: Sanctions, embargoes and mine their harbors. Nothing goes in, nothing comes out.

• North Korea: Destroy their launching pads. Impose a naval blockade on all goods going in or out except food.

• Israel, Arab entities: Give Israel 4 years to become self sufficient, cut off all aid to foreign nations.

• China: 0% tariffs on all China made goods, rising by 5% each year, for each year China refuses to revalue their currency.

• United Nations: Withdraw immediately, remove all diplomats and staff, convert the UN building into housing for the working poor.

• Mexico: Force Mexico to pay 1 barrel of oil for every illegal alien in the USA, per month.

so this is what cheney does when he's alone in his bunker. Why not just radiate poor people without them knowing it, we need another tuskegee experiment to thin their ranks

Wow. Just ... wow.

Forget "right-wing" (what genuine conservative would expand a government agency while simultaneously shrinking its workload?); that list is just stupid. I mean "give the people 72 hours to leave, then begin bombing"? Yeah, that's a fucking tactical masterstroke right there. I can't imagine why that might not work.

"Hey, Mustapha. Where'd your wife and kids go?"
"Oh, hey, Aziz. Beats me. Fatima said she was taking the kids to the market to pick up dinner, but that was almost three days ago. She got a phone call from some American right before she left ... but it was probably nothing. Hey, do you hear a whistling noise?"

The armed forces lost a shining light when Savage became a blogger, I'll tell you.

Pottery Barn? That's being too kind.

Yeah, these debate points aren't worth the electricity being spent to display them on my monitor.

They're not debatable points because they're stupid.

Let me come from another angle:

Here's a policy proposal from "ideal candidate:" everyone in the United States gets a free house and a Porsche.

Discuss.

[quote name='MrBadExample']Any reason you didn't identify this as coming from Michael "Weiner" Savage?

You always have to consider the source.[/quote]

Oh damn, you totally busted him!

This OP is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Ignore +1

[quote name='mykevermin']

Here's a policy proposal from "ideal candidate:" everyone in the United States gets a free house and a Porsche.

Discuss.[/quote]
As long as taxes keep hiking, sure why not?

[quote name='pittpizza']Oh damn, you totally busted him!

This OP is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Ignore +1[/QUOTE]
Busted me? I found some remarks on the internet I thought were amusing.
I ignored/didn't care where they were from? Why does it matter?

Does anyone else see complete irrationality here?

[quote name='thrustbucket']As long as taxes keep hiking, sure why not?

Busted me? I found some remarks on the internet I thought were amusing.
I ignored/didn't care where they were from? Why does it matter?

Does anyone else see complete irrationality here?[/QUOTE]

I saw it in the first post.

So let me get this straight - This post is so unacceptable it warrants being put on ignore, even though I clearly stated it was for amusement.

Mykevermins post on pants bashing republicans is lighthearted fun that nobody cares about.

I'm really lost here.

"pants bashing Republicans"

Heh.

It'll be too soon if I never see another "I'm putting you on ignore" post again in my life. Just go ahead and fuckin' ignore 'em already. Jesus. I can't quite figure out why publicly declaring that you're ignoring someone is considered a "put-down" of sorts. There's no criteria for doing so but individual choice.

There are people worth replying to and people who aren't. Reply to those you feel are and don't to the rest. Don't not-reply-by-stating-your-intention-to-not-reply. Just fuckin' do it.

[quote name='mykevermin']"pants bashing Republicans"

Heh.

It'll be too soon if I never see another "I'm putting you on ignore" post again in my life. Just go ahead and fuckin' ignore 'em already. Jesus. I can't quite figure out why publicly declaring that you're ignoring someone is considered a "put-down" of sorts. There's no criteria for doing so but individual choice.

There are people worth replying to and people who aren't. Reply to those you feel are and don't to the rest. Don't not-reply-by-stating-your-intention-to-not-reply. Just fuckin' do it.[/QUOTE]

(Obligatory)Ignore list +1.

[quote name='mykevermin']"pants bashing Republicans"

Heh.

There are people worth replying to and people who aren't. Reply to those you feel are and don't to the rest. Don't not-reply-by-stating-your-intention-to-not-reply. Just fuckin' do it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks myke, I couldn't agree more.

I actually do really enjoy reading your posts, believe it or not. I can't ever imagine putting you on ignore, because you offer something worth considering most of the time. I may disagree with you most of the time, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a good discussion with you.

I felt the same about pizza, but... oh well. Guess that means you might get more of my attention, lucky bastard! ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']"

Well, when it's not done in an obnoxious manner, it is useful to just let the person know you won't be reading or responding to their posts. Hopefully then they'll quit arguing with someone who'll never respond to them etc.

But yes, many times it's done in a put down manner rather than just a comment.

bread's done
Back