The "I'm Getting a PS3 at Launch and Keeping it" Club

[quote name='anomynous']Attack those Giant Enemy crabs in their weak point for massive damage! RIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDGEEEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAACER![/QUOTE]
k

Yeah, I think Motorstorm isn't comming out until Spring next year or so also. Then again, I'll be waiting to play Heavenly Sword and Assasin's Creed. As far as warranties go, there was a recent report released that discurages people to buy them. It claimed that most products crap out just after the warranty expires. With the PS3 you do get one year with Sony. Most stores have a standard 45-90 day exchange policy on electronics. And with the massive shortages, they can probably give you some leeway if you need to excahnge a defective one. If you plan on getting one though, make sure you read the fine print as if may not cover everything you think it will.

Keeping mine.

I had another one pre-ordered at FYE that I pre-ordered around May. However, I took no stock in FYE's pre-order statement since the store manager told me that with the 360 they negated all the preorders at their Winchester, VA store and sent them over to DC.

So I kept the pre-order there and made another one at Gamestop five months later. Gamestop has one guaranteed for me, FYE won't guarantee mine until "after the holidays." Was hoping to ebay the FYE one too.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Hope you weren't planning on doing that anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Oops, I meant "When" I can find one, not if. I don't anticipate that happening until sometime next year (hopefully a little cheaper via amazon or an overstock coupon).

Yeah I basically just condemned the ebay people because they're ruining gaming for all of us. I feel bad for you guys buying it tomorrow and keeping it because there will be no one online to experience Resistance. Let's hope the consumers are smart and don't give their money to the price gougers. I would even like to see the ebayers get robbed themselves, it would be quite ironic. I'll see you guys online in about five months when I actually get one (first run consoles are buggy). Good luck and good job on keeping it.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Oops, I meant "When" I can find one, not if. I don't anticipate that happening until sometime next year (hopefully a little cheaper via amazon or an overstock coupon).[/quote]I meant the mention of Oblivion, since it is coming out next year, and aparrently Motor Storm isn't a launch title either.

Anyway, most unsurprisingly vacant thread ever.

Ok. picked mine up a few hours ago. It is seriously one sexy system.

Anyone want to get a Resistance game going sometime today?

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']After much debate im gonna keep mine im not desperate for the money right now[/QUOTE]
Congrats on not giving into ebay :)

Writing this via mine as I reply.
Very cool so far. Was letting it download demos while I was doing other things. Going to try MotoStorm after this.

Not sure if I'll be playing R:FoM online just yet though, still getting used to the controls (have been playin computer games) but I'll be game soon.

I was going to keep mine. I preordered it with the intentions of keeping it. But after seeing prices on ebay and because I already have a 360 I sold mine and will wait until sometime next year to get one.

Hi guys.

I've been gaming for years, but I just recently found these forums.

I got mine after waiting in line at Wal-Mart for 24+ hours. I'm definitely keeping it.

Selling it on Ebay was tempting for about 5 minutes until I thought back on how long I have been waiting on this unit to come out. With all the uncertainty about when the next shipments are supposedly coming in, I decided to keep it and not wait any longer.

I love the graphics. Even the one cross platform game I got (Madden '07) seems to have slightly better graphics than its 360 counterpart. Tiger Woods '07 is great too. I also bought Marvel ultimate alliance, but I've not gotten very far in it yet. It is pretty fun, but I will withhold judgement.

Only 6 came into the Wal-Mart I went to, and there were some hurt feelings after the systems were handed out. 20+ people were in line, and many of them turned away without even a rain check. I got mine, though. I had one guy offer me $1600 straight up for it, but I once again fought off the temtation and decided to keep it.

I'm glad to see some people that got it are keeping it. I look forward to hearing your impressions on the games and online.

[quote name='Z-Saber']You and what army?[/QUOTE]
There has to be someone else who wants to. I refuse to believe I'm the only one on these boards that has it and is playing it.

[quote name='whoknows']There has to be someone else who wants to. I refuse to believe I'm the only one on these boards that has it and is playing it.[/quote]Well, there's Cheapy, but I don't know if you can play with him since his is Japanese and he's in Japan. I'm not sure if that matters or not really.

bread's done
Back