The Indie Box Thread - big boxed PC indie games every month

ryanhaggan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)

Hi, I'm following the limited run thread and I couldn't find one for the indiebox. So I decided to create one. If this is inappropriate for this thread, please advise or delete...

I think that this should go here as one can buy the box every month without being a member... so some might be a good deal.

NO LINKS ARE AFFILIATE LINKS

If folks do want this thread, and I am allowed to post this here and it is useful to our community, I'll make this look nicer and put in the games from their history as well as pics of their content

You can buy the games as they release without a subscription plan

store.theindiebox.com

What is 

iUYnL6tl.png

How does it work?

[media]https://youtu.be/Mie7tH0o0Ec[/media]

Latest Deal

Rive ($39.99 w/o subscription)

RPstm4Vm.png

A Previous deal

Hand of Fate ($34.99 w/o subscription)

EZJPiiIm.png

Again, let me know if anybody here wants this...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm by no means a steward for the forums, but maybe a clearer title, such as mentioning these are more collectible(s) style offerings, might be better.  They aren't particularly deals for the games themselves.

Not my interest, but looks neat.

I'm by no means a steward for the forums, but maybe a clearer title, such as mentioning these are more collectible(s) style offerings, might be better. They aren't particularly deals for the games themselves.

Not my interest, but looks neat.
fixed... I'll wait for more feedback then fix this thread up real nice... don't want to spend time on it to no avail.

I think they are referencing the promo IndieBox did here in September for their October box, Jotun Valhalla Edition. They allowed a certain amount of members here (me included) to get the October box for the price of shipping. Not a bad deal but the boxes were sent out way late (Mine arrived a little over a week ago) and were very lackluster then they made them out to be. Some people I believe still haven't received their boxes AFAIK and IndieBox made no effort to inform people in the forum of what was going on with their boxes after the promo in September ended. Even after emailing them directly about this I noticed the IndieBox rep did log on to read the thread but did nothing else. It was a very poor experience for the potential customers they were trying to bring in.

This is an ad, and none of these are deals. I also think you aren't supposed to literally try and sell stuff here.

This is an ad, and none of these are deals. I also think you aren't supposed to literally try and sell stuff here.
I'm definitely not selling stuff... nor am I myself trying to advertise for them... It's like the limited run PS4 thread. I am not affiliated with them in any way.

I think they are referencing the promo IndieBox did here in September for their October box, Jotun Valhalla Edition. They allowed a certain amount of members here (me included) to get the October box for the price of shipping. Not a bad deal but the boxes were sent out way late (Mine arrived a little over a week ago) and were very lackluster then they made them out to be. Some people I believe still haven't received their boxes AFAIK and IndieBox made no effort to inform people in the forum of what was going on with their boxes after the promo in September ended. Even after emailing them directly about this I noticed the IndieBox rep did log on to read the thread but did nothing else. It was a very poor experience for the potential customers they were trying to bring in.
Really... that's interesting. My wife my a box for my birthday and I loved it. It came with an action figure and usb drive with the game on it and soundtrack and all that stuff... I thought it was totally awesome. I just subscribed for the year. The first box they had some problems with getting the thing that they included int he box through customs and they ended up having to get the items mad in the USA because of it. They e-mail us our steam code so that we can begin to play the game. Then after there was a storm that held back the same shipment... they handled everything flawlessly and professionally.

I have yet to unbox my games b/c of time.

If anyone wants this thread, I'd be more than happy to do it and maintain it and i'll put in all the detials about what was included with pics. However, if nobody wants this, I wouldn't... I'm really doing it as I am a long time CAG and just want to give back. I'll wait a little bit more and if anything, for this Thanksgiving weekend, i'll make the thread better.

Really... that's interesting. My wife my a box for my birthday and I loved it. It came with an action figure and usb drive with the game on it and soundtrack and all that stuff... I thought it was totally awesome.

They e-mail us our steam code so that we can begin to play the game.

If anyone wants this thread, I'd be more than happy to do it and maintain it and i'll put in all the detials about what was included with pics. However, if nobody wants this, I wouldn't... I'm really doing it as I am a long time CAG and just want to give back. I'll wait a little bit more and if anything, for this Thanksgiving weekend, i'll make the thread better.
Didn't get a USB drive with my Jotun box.

My steam code was printed on the inside of the box, almost didn't see it before throwing away the box.

If anything I really liked the physical game that came in the box. The rest was meh but I saw some past boxes that were more interesting. I would like to see a IndieBox thread just in case they have more deals and they get their supplier/shipping together in the future. Just a really bad first impression last month, maybe in the future they can win me back.

They got rid of the USBs with the Hand of Fate box in July, for me it was a shame because the USBs were one of the most collectible parts. Now they just send a disc with the game on it.

I'm subscribed through January, not sure if I'll keep my subscription, I've been less impressed with the last few boxes. 

As for this thread, not like it hurts anything but it's also pretty unnecessary. It's not like the "Smaller/Obscure/Limited Physical Release Deals and Discussion" thread where there are a variety of publishers putting out games at different times and it's used to keep track of all of them. It's kinda similar to the LRG thread, but even LRG puts out more than one game a month and those games are substantially harder to get your hands on (and have way more resell value) than an Indie Box, which is guaranteed as long as you subscribe by a certain date every month, like Loot Crate.

bread's done
Back