The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of SOTM!

[quote name='Liquid 2']Definitely give him a listen. I'm not sure if you'll like him, but it's better to try him out, no?

Prayer to God, off the album 1000 Hurts, is a pretty accessible (and fantastic) song.
Of his albums that I have, I like Excellent Italian Greyhound the most (I bought it on vinyl on Friday, actually), but make sure to listen to Prayer to God.

NP: Shellac - The End of Radio[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man, I'll be sure to heed your advice.

Menomena - Friend and Foe(album)

Southern Gun Culture - Art Of War, Pillars Of Hercules

Really interesting stuff. Play southern styled sludge, yet make it irresistibly catchy, and have all three members sing in clean vocals over this heavy, thick tune, and it actually works somehow.

[quote name='fart_bubble']
Moon Baker - ABC Of Romance (album) -----awesome funky R&B music.....thank you Shin-Ski for shinning light on her[/QUOTE]

again, awesome album

Sharlok Poems - Blooming Sounds (album)
Germz - Things 2 Say (album)

[quote name='Liquid 2']Definitely give him a listen. I'm not sure if you'll like him, but it's better to try him out, no?

Prayer to God, off the album 1000 Hurts, is a pretty accessible (and fantastic) song.
Of his albums that I have, I like Excellent Italian Greyhound the most (I bought it on vinyl on Friday, actually), but make sure to listen to Prayer to God.

NP: Shellac - The End of Radio[/QUOTE]

While I like Shellac, I still think Steve Albini was at his best in Big Black (which I listened to quite a bit this weekend, oddly). Shellac is a bit too spotty for me to get behind fully, though when they hit, it's amazing. Big Black is more brutal and nihilistic, but also more listenable over the course of an album. Definitely check out the Rich Man's 8-Track if you have not already. WooHoo, this goes for you as well.

Me: Isis - Panopticon
Stravinsky - "Rite of Spring" (Read Alex Ross' And the Rest is Noise over the weekend. Amazing book, and it inspired me branch out my listening.)

World's End Girlfriend - The Lie Lay Land (album)

[quote name='Strummerbs']While I like Shellac, I still think Steve Albini was at his best in Big Black (which I listened to quite a bit this weekend, oddly). Shellac is a bit too spotty for me to get behind fully, though when they hit, it's amazing. Big Black is more brutal and nihilistic, but also more listenable over the course of an album. Definitely check out the Rich Man's 8-Track if you have not already. WooHoo, this goes for you as well.

Me: Isis - Panopticon
Stravinsky - "Rite of Spring" (Read Alex Ross' And the Rest is Noise over the weekend. Amazing book, and it inspired me branch out my listening.)[/QUOTE]I've got an album by Big Black, but I can't remember liking it as much as Shellac. I'll have to check out the album you recommended me though.

That book sounds interesting too.

[quote name='Eviltude']Skankin' Pickle

What an amazing Band.[/QUOTE]

FIXED!!

Shine - The Common Station (album)
Kat O1O - Natural Phenomenons (album)

[quote name='Liquid 2']Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven (album)[/quote]

I really should check them out. A lot of bands I've been listening to as of late are apparently heavily influenced by them. Is there a specific album I should look for?

Brand New Heavies - Heavy Rhyme Experience Vol. 1 (collection)

fan made collection of their songs with people like Main Source, Kool G Rap, Ed OG, Gangstarr, Jamalski, Pharcyde, Masta Ace, Grand Puba, and Black Sheep. Too lazy to dig out my collection of their albums

[quote name='Liquid 2']World's End Girlfriend - The Lie Lay Land (album)

I've got an album by Big Black, but I can't remember liking it as much as Shellac. I'll have to check out the album you recommended me though.

That book sounds interesting too.[/QUOTE]

Listen to Songs About fucking by Big Black. It's an absolute classic. As for me,

New Order - Substance (album)

Pretty much on infinite repeat.

Isis/Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Boris

Isis and Agoraphobic Nosebleed covering a song by a band I love (Melvins), that went on to inspire one of my all time favorite bands (Boris). This is incredible.

Kate Nash - Little Red

She's getting massive exposure thanks to MTV right now (it's how I found her), but she's actually pretty good in my opinion.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Kate Nash - Little Red

She's getting massive exposure thanks to MTV right now (it's how I found her), but she's actually pretty good in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I dig her. When I first heard the album, I was a bit miffed as its bit more pop than I expected as her EP was had a more folk sound to it but after a few months the album really grew on me.

Endless Blue - Smoke Through It (album)
Endless Blue - s/t (album)

Jazz Liberatorz - Clin d'oei (album)
Crown City Rockers - Earthtones (album)
The Smile Rays - Party....Place (album)
Oom - Dead Analogue (album)
Moon Baker - ABC Of Romance (album)

Oom - Dead Analogue (album)
V/A - Gems: 2nd Contact (EP) --------has Shin-Ski, Grooveman Spot, DJ Ryow and then Cradle and Levitatorz
Funky 4+1 - Thats The Joint (comp)
Daru & Reggie B - Future Days (album)

and before I head off to deliver newspapers:

Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Scream (album)

bread's done
Back