The iPad 3, and the forthcoming iPad 2 price drops

preston181

CAGiversary!
Ok, so here's the word so far:

Apple is expected to unveil the iPad 3 in early March, (the media is reporting that the date will be the 6th or 7th). The official launch and it going on sale is likely to occur within a week or two after it is unveiled.

The iPad 2 is supposedly going to see a price drop of anywhere from $100, all the way up to $300 for every model, to be competitive with other tablets on the market.

So, as a result, we may see the 16GB wifi only model as cheap as $199.99, with $300 off of it's current price tag of $499.99. Odds are though, that the price drop will only be $100 off, making the entry level iPad 2 a somewhat steep $399.99. Meijer has already lowered the price for the 16GB wifi only model to $429.99, at it's stores last week, a $70 price cut in advance of next month's almost certain permanent price cut.

The pricing for the iPad 3 hasn't yet been announced, but past pricing says it'll be the same pricing we are currently seeing on the iPad 2.

So, anyone planning to make the move for an iPad 2 or an iPad 3?

Depending on the specs of the iPad 3 and the cost ratio, I may jump on an iPad 2 if the price drop is true. I cannot decide between a tablet or a psp vita. I would love to own both though.

When does everyone think Amazon will sell the iPad 3, or even some of their third party sellers? Sent some stuff in for trade-in credit, without thinking about Amazon not selling the iPad now directly due to their Kindle Fire.

[quote name='kidkash03']When does everyone think Amazon will sell the iPad 3, or even some of their third party sellers? Sent some stuff in for trade-in credit, without thinking about Amazon not selling the iPad now directly due to their Kindle Fire.[/QUOTE]Amazon will continue to sell the iPad, as they're one of Apple's larger retailers outside of Apple's own efforts.

bread's done
Back