The Joey Styles' Punch-Out!! Pro-Wrestling thread

[quote name='mykevermin']
On another note, can you imagine being told to lose weight by Stephanie McMahon? :shock:[/quote]

OMG! :rofl:

[quote name='mykevermin']
On another note, can you imagine being told to lose weight by Stephanie McMahon? :shock:[/quote]

Cannot imagine keeping a straight face (or my job) when she told me so thats for damn sure.

For whatever it's worth, the big stack of 'rasslin DVD's from my blog have been moved to my TL. The only thing gone off the list so far is the Benoit DVD. Might end up sending them to FYE if all else fails - it's shelf cleaning time!

Well..... this post has some pretty NSFWness to it........

newvicgv9.jpg

... don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']Well..... this post has some pretty NSFWness to it........

newvicgv9.jpg

... don't say I didn't warn you. ;)[/QUOTE]

4584-1UIHWMI.jpg

I read about 40% of Vince McMahon's oversight committee examination. That, I assure you, will become the majority talk of the IWC for the next week, at the very least.

Either he's an immature child, amazingly unintelligent, or has cojones the size of the titantron, but his congressional testimony was absolutely *riveting* to read. Much more exciting than WWE programming, to be sure.

And it also becomes very evident why WWE uses attorney Jerry McDevitt. Dude's damn close to being a literal pitbull, since he's so off the charts in terms of being a metaphorical one. Kind of a brat, too, if you ask me - but that's how attorneys operate.

McMahon more or less refuses to answer any question of substance, genuinely answers questions with the childish slanted view of the "Mr. McMahon" character (such as saying, more or less verbatim, that Ted Turner "took out his big checkbook and stole all my talent" in 1996). And he also attempts the intellectual gymnastics of saying that (1) he has no knowledge of whether there are any long-term problems associated with steroids, (2) has never had any conversations about the effects of steroids with his talent, and (3) that he, without question or criticism, accepted Dr. David Black's recommendations for wellness policy testing. The latter point included testing for steroids, even though McMahon doesn't seem to ever have any conversations about them, or has little consideration for their long-term effects.

So McMahon told congress that he unquestionably agreed to police a substance that he doesn't really spend much time thinking about, and it happens to be the same substance that 40% of his talent (74 out of 186) tested positive for after being *told in advance* of the test.

Wow. This cat's a piece of work. I'll settle for a combination of all three. He's clearly not very intelligent, but surrounds himself by smart people (such as McDevitt) who protect him from scary people who ask smart questions. His answers that exhibit some kind of childish incredulity show a lack of maturity to some degree. And the very same incredulity also shows that he's got some balls on him to try to present the (non)answers and contradictory claims he did.

The kids are gonna talk about this one. Wow.

Some of the Wrestle Kingdom III show earlier today.

Fighting Holdings Competition
Riki Choshu & Masahiro Chono & Kurt Angle & Kevin Nash vs. Giant Bernard & Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii & Karl Anderson
http://www.megaupload.com/jp/?d=4TUQJWO3

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title
Low Ki © vs. Tiger Mask
http://www.megaupload.com/jp/?d=2U6ZSTQV

World Heavy Title
Yuji Nagata © vs. Masato Tanaka
http://www.megaupload.com/jp/?d=SQRP9Y0G

New Japan vs. NOAH Battle Tendencies
Manabu Nakanishi vs. Jun Akiyama
http://www.megaupload.com/jp/?d=AOP96DCU

IWGP Tag Team Title - 3WAY Match
Togi Makabe & Toru Yano © vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. “Team 3D” Brother Ray & Brother Devon
http://www.megaupload.com/jp/?d=KIR3QAQO

New Japan vs. NOAH Battle Tendencies
Shinsuke Nakamura & Hirooki Goto vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & Takashi Sugiura
http://www.megaupload.com/jp/?d=YHOFPAFG

IWGP Heavyweight Title
Keiji Muto © vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
http://www.megaupload.com/jp/?d=N1XZ919G

Wonder if the MCMG and Team 3D will show up on Impact with both sets of tag titles(Team 3D have the Heavyweight tag belts, Shelley & Sabin have Jr. Heavyweight tag belts).

For the people wondering what matches have been announced for Raw, here they are:

*WWE Intercontinental champ William Regal vs. CM Punk

*WWE World Tag Team champions The Miz & John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston.

*Kelly Kelly vs. Jillian Hall.

*Goldust and Melina vs. Santino Marella and WWE Women's champion Beth Phoenix - mixed tag.

Doesn't mention if the CM Punk/Regal match is for the title or not.

I'm pretty sure they said last week this week's match was the IC title match.

They sure promoted it well given the tournament buildup, eh? :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']I read that there has been a sudden surge of Charisma backstage at Raw tonight.

;)[/QUOTE]
Yes! Bob Holly is back to injure someone!

Pleaseoplease let it be Ziggler.

Dolph Ziggler should seek employment from CHIKARA once he's released.

I still think WWE should have kept Johnny Jeter over anyone else from the Spirit Squad. I understand that Mike Mondo is 'too small' for WWE, even though he's talented, but Jeter probably had the best look and biggest chance of getting over than anyone else in the Spirit Squad.

And I'll watch Raw tonight if Christian shows up. :bouncy:

Jeff Hardy is also backstage, so really if they wanted to they could start it tonight :D (wishful thinking)

Goldust/Melina vs. Glamarella should be fun

Also, about the IC title match, I think it was supposed earlier but Regal was still recovering from the illness he got on the European tour.

Obvious point: With people on different shows so often, it's extremely pointless to have individual brands.

Related note, Smackdown-related or not, I think this would be a good night to start that Jeff Hardy storyline. Raw, ultimately, gets more exposure, which is always good.

There's no difference, from a production or wrestler standpoint, between the three shows. The difference between Smackdown, Raw, and ECW is like the difference between a McDonald's double cheeseburger and the "McDouble." One has less cheese.

Haw haw.

Good video to start off Raw (I especially love the WM flashback clips of Michaels), but the *fuck* is up with that music? I listen to enough NPR as it is.

EDIT: Randy Orton to tattoo artist: "I don't know, man. Gimmie some fuckin' skulls n' shit."

HBK's hamming of this angle makes it that much more unbelievable.

If Christian doesn't come out (whenever he shows up) to his Queen-style "Christiiiaaan! Christiiiiiaaaaan!" then it will be a failure.

Geez, myke, going a little post crazy tonight, huh?

CM Punk is lame as fuck...i'm sorry....

He went from world champ to talking about how he would be "honored" to hold the IC title. DAMN.

[quote name='strongpimphand']CM Punk is lame as fuck...i'm sorry....

He went from world champ to talking about how he would be "honored" to hold the IC title. DAMN.[/quote]

Look at it this way: at least he's trying to put it over. Naming former iconic IC champs really helped add to its history and prestige.

and the crowd is.....quiet

this is just crappy how non-exciting rhodes is. his boredom drags down everyone around him!

Michael Cole's word of the night: Vintage, i believe he even referred to something Kofi Kingston did as vintage earlier

Hahaha. That Soup clip was great. I love that show.

CM Punk is ultra boring. He fits right in with like 95% of the roster in that respect. I don't know what the big deal about that guy is.

The first hour had some good stuff, with the opening segment furthering the JBL/HBK angle, the good mixed tag, and the good Miz and Morrison vs. Rey and Kofi, but the second hour was mostly boring. Steph stating that she wouldn't allow the IC title match to end with a fuck finish...then letting it end with one, was hilarious. The announcement of Vince returning in two weeks certainly made this newsworthy, but that announcement really came off as meaningless as they never brought it up again. I dug the announcement of HBK vs. Cena for next week, although I don't expect much in the way of a great match with JBL being at ringside.

Quotes -
Jericho - THE RULES OF A FATAL FOUR WAY ELIMINATION MATCH CLEARLY STATE THAT ITS EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF. FROM THE FOOTAGE, IT’S CLEAR THAT SHAWN MICHAELS AND JBL WERE IN COLLUSION, COMPROMISING THE INTEGRITY OF THE MATCH!
Orton - We feel that JBL should be removed from his championship match with John Cena at the Royal Rumble, and that Shawn Michaels should be unable to compete for the title again.
Cole - THE WORD THAT JERICHO USED WAS COLLUSION!
JBL - You two can protest all you want, the fact remains that I won, and will face and defeat John Cena for the World Championship at the Royal Rumble. TRY LOSING WITH SOME DIGNITY! You have the audacity to cast dispersions at me!? Knowing your good track record!? You woulda done the exact same thing IF you had the resources.
Jericho - WE DON’T DEAL WITH DISHONEST PEOPLE! How do you feel, Mr. WrestleMania? I spent months being chastised for saying you were a sellout, and it turns out I was right! Your actions as of late have made me a prophet, Shawn!
HBK - If there’s one thing that allows me to sleep at night without being sickened with myself, it’s knowing that I personally made sure that you and you would not fight for the world heavyweight championship!
Orton - You can try and justify it all you want - you gotta face the facts, Shawn. You took a turn for the worse. It turns out that Ric Flair’s career was ended by a weak, pathetic sellout! Once our protest is heard, the decision will be overturned TONIGHT!
Cole - IT’S THE BOSS, STEPHANIE MCMAHON!
Steph - Shawn did not lie down - he was hit with the clothesline from Hell, and therefore, JBL will go on to face John Cena for the world championship at the Royal Rumble. THIS IS MY SHOW AND MY DECISION STANDS! Jericho, you and Orton can take solace in knowing that you’re entered in the Royal Rumble match.
Jericho - IS THAT SOME KIND OF REWARD!? IT’S OBVIOUS! You know who doesn’t deserve to be in? SHAWN MICHAELS! HE SHOULD BE NOT ALLOWED TO BE IN THE ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH!
JBL - I’ll yield to that demand - Shawn Michaels will be in my corner when I defeat John Cena at the Royal Rumble, and that will be his only function.
Steph - I’ll accept that, but that’s in 3 weeks, and I’m here to talk about tonight. The easy thing to do would be to make a tag match between JBL and Shawn against Orton and Jericho but I feel like making things a little more interesting. (she makes another tag match)
Lawler - THIS IS AWESOME!
(after Rosa is shown)Lawler - I’m surprised she was let back in - with another front row ticket.
Cole - Santino has a new year’s resolution - to chizzle his shizzle.
Santino - DAT IS MINE! MINE!
(after tagging Beth’s breast)Santino - I GOT IT!
Lawler - I think Goldust is definitely the skeleton in his family’s closet.
(after a flying spinning face buster from Melina)Lawler - OH MY GOSH!!
Punk - Tonight, I’M TOTALLY STOKED! Since I was a kid, the IC tite’s been the thing to watch for me. Steamboat’s been IC champ, Bret Hart’s been one, Mr. Perfect - the list goes on and on. Time flies in the WWE - a lot of people might’ve forgotten that Regal beat me to become King of the Ring, but I haven’t. I’m looking to become the new Intercontinental Champion!
Lawler - Punk remembers all the DASTARDLY DEEDS that Regal has done!
Cole - Regal won the title in his hometown…home country, of England, I should say.
Cole - Regal said his new years resolution is to wake up 30 minutes earlier so he can despise people more.
Lawler - One thing I’ve learned about Layla is that she’s pretty when she pouts.
Cole - VINTAGE HIGH KNEE!
(after Regal gets intentionally DQed)Steph - I can’t let the first title match of 2009 end this way - THERE WILL BE A REMATCH, and if you’re disqualified, YOU WILL LOSE THE TITLE! (Steph then proceeds to allow the match to actually end like “this”
(to Manu)Orton - YOUR FATHER’S NOTHING COMPARED TO MY FATHER OR ME! HALF THESE PEOPLE DON’T EVEN KNOW YOUR NAME AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO CALL ME OUT!? I DON’T EVER WANNA SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN!
Dolph - Hi, I’m Dolph Ziggler.
Mackie - So I’ve heard…
Morrison - Shhh…
Miz - REALLY, REALLY, YOU BOO US?! BOO US!? NOOO! BOOO YOU!
Morrison - I don’t think this city, which recently took over the spot as the number 1 murder capital of the country, has no right to judge us! Sorry for saving the environment one low-flow toilet flush at a time!
Miz - WE ARE JOHN MORRISON AND THE MIZ!
MnM together - BE JEALOUS!
Lawler - You jealous?
Cole - They’re unique.
Lawler - They’re like you - but better-looking.
Cole - Rey ended 2008 with a bang - HE GOT REVENGE FOR WEEKS OF PHYSICAL ABUSE FROM MIKE KNOX!
Lawler - When you’re the world tag team champions, THAT SAYS IT ALL!
Cole - BRUTAL BOOT BY THE BULLY MIKE KNOX!
Lawler - Jillian doesn’t just sing, she talks in the ring a lot too.
Lawler - JBL’S EMPLOYER, Shawn Michaels, will team with John Cena tonight!
Lawler - The mayor gave Cryme Tyme a key to the city - today, he changed the locks.
(Cody hits the Test Drive)Cole - THAT’S NEW OUT OF RHODES’ PLAYBOOK!
Santino - What do you mean that Rosa Mendes is banded? You cannot blame her for being so attracted to me! My nipples are flickering like the northern lights!
Cole - Orton truly believes he should be the title champion… in the title match, at the Rumble in three weeks!
Cole - I don’t think Cena realized he had Shawn!
Lawler - I’M ALMOST CERTAINLY HE DIDN’T!
(Cena barely connects with the big leg drop)Cole - VINTAGE CENA!

Screens -

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked this raw overall, but the latter half pretty much stunk. The beginning with the HBK/JBL stuff was great, as was the Goldust/Santino match. The Rey Mysterio/Kofi Kingston - Mizorisson match was one of the best tag-team matches I've seen in a long time.

Am I the only one that can't stop looking at Alicia Fox's forehead?

It also feels like the RR and last year's GAB have the same exact theme (with the cars).

And I love Matt Striker's explanation of what it means to have one's "wig split."

Can we please add Boogeyman to the "future endeavors" club? He's terrible, and contributes NOTHING to anything.

[quote name='neocisco']I thought he was released early last year. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
He was. Booker T got him his job back.

Yet another reason to hate Booker T.

bread's done
Back