Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Last 3 games I played and who I use:

DOA:U - Ayane, Hitomi

SC2 - Tailm, Cassandra

VF4:Evo - Jacky, Brad

I haven't played a 2D game in months. :oops: :lol:[/QUOTE]

SSB - Pikachu, Ness

SSB:M - Mewtwo, Roy, Zelda/Sheik

If I were forced to play DOA Bass would be the man. Even though his links are so insanly easy to do, it feels kinda cheap. I guess I'm used to Kings linkable grabs being alittle more difficult.

Like other grapplers, the ones who know how to play him tend to dominate, but he needs more moves that can neutralize the speedy chicks.

[quote name='Apossum']Like other grapplers, the ones who know how to play him tend to dominate, but he needs more moves that can neutralize the speedy chicks.[/QUOTE]

He's got a move to stop em' It's called his "big ol' boot upside your head." But seriously your right, the girls are tough to stop once they get going.

[quote name='The VGM']roflcopter[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you're laughing at who I use or that you don't consider SSB a true fighter ...

[quote name='Apossum']mad respect, yo. Hitomiz 4 Lyfe :cool:[/QUOTE]

Word. :cool:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'm not sure if you're laughing at who I use or that you don't consider SSB a true fighter ... [/QUOTE]

Both.

[quote name='The VGM']Both.[/QUOTE]

I see.

I didn't include SSB on the first list (which I thought you might also be laughing at) for that very reason, but someone else mentioned their characters so I thought "why not?"

Just curious, when (or if) you play SSB, who do you use?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Just curious, when (or if) you play SSB, who do you use?[/QUOTE]

Kirby, bitches.

I haven't played Super Smash Bros. / Melee in a long while...

SSBM is alot of fun (Gannondorf represent) but that's all I consider it, just a fun game to play with friends. A great party game, and probably the best besides Mario Party. Good game to play drunk if I must say so myself.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I see.

I didn't include SSB on the first list (which I thought you might also be laughing at) for that very reason, but someone else mentioned their characters so I thought "why not?"

Just curious, when (or if) you play SSB, who do you use?[/QUOTE]

I don't really even remember who was in it. Kirby most likely, or Mario, cause when you push back and punch (or something like that) he does that flurry of punches.

hmm who do i like to use?

Third Strike- Ken,Ryu,Alex,Q,Dudley
Guilty Gear X- Sol Badguy
Tekken 5- Christie,asuka,Jin and Devil Jin
MvC- Strider and Wolverine
SSM Melee - Mr.Game and Watch
Capcom vs snk- Blanka, Ryu, Vice
DOA U- hitomi and hayabusa

[quote name='Brak']Kirby, bitches.

I haven't played Super Smash Bros. / Melee in a long while...[/QUOTE]

Every girl I know uses Kirby ... not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']SSBM is alot of fun (Gannondorf represent) but that's all I consider it, just a fun game to play with friends. A great party game, and probably the best besides Mario Party. Good game to play drunk if I must say so myself.[/QUOTE]

Fun is all that matters.

And my friends suck, they won't play much of anything. They won't even play SSB because they know they can't compete. :bomb: :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Every girl I know uses Kirby ... not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I imagine they are all under 14? :lol: ;)

The kids love Kirby.

I don't know if this is old news, but the The Magic Box recently reported on new arcade titles at the JAMMA arcade show in Japan. Here's the list, the fighting games are bolded (please note, that these are currently uncofirmed):

Banpresto
# Chou DragonBall Z (System 246, Spike)
# Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 Card Builder (Naomi 2)

Capcom
# Street Fighter 4 (AtomisWave)
# Donkey Kong: Jungle Fever (TriForce)

Cave
# Shoot’em-up X (Proprietary Hardware)
# Online Tank Battle (Proprietary Hardware)

Namco
# Tekken 5.1 (System 258)
# Cobra: The Arcade (System 258)
# Mario Kart: Arcade GP (TriForce)
# Counter Strike Neo V2 (Namco N2)
# Druaga Online: The Story of Aon (Chihiro)

Konami
# Paintball Mania (Pysone)
# Beatmania IIDX12: Happy Sky (System 572)
# Battle Climaxx 2: Wrestling Arena (Pysone)

Sega
# The House of the Dead 4(LindBergh)
# AfterBurner (LindBergh)
# Virtua Fighter 5 (LindBergh)
# OutRun Coast-2-Coast(LindBergh)
# Sega Rally 3 (LindBergh)
# Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 (Chihiro)
# Sega Network Golf Pro Tour Ver. 2005 (Chihiro)
# NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (AtomisWave / SNK Playmore)
# Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi (AtomisWave / SNK Playmore)

# Fist of the North Star (AtomisWave / Arc System Works)
# Under Defeat (Naomi GD-ROM / G.Rev)

Taito
# Battle Gear 4 (TypeX)
# Zoids Infinity EX (TypeX)

jeeze, I'm gone for a day and a new thread is already around... man am I slow.

I would love to play friggin Mame against some people (though, I can promise I prob won't impress anyone with my 2d fighting skills). Once they get a decent running version of Tekken 3 or another 3d fighter, I can do myself some justice. I could play, but my house is dial-up only. The only times I'll be able to get some time is prob on sunday monday or tuesday, since I am at my sisters house and leach of their neighbors wireless service ;)

so I have my friggin Mame 32, what is the other program for playing online?

hmm... type of fighters I play... mainly a mix of Power and either Poking or Speed:

Tekken: Bryan (avatar), Paul (... yet I can understand how he is so easy to predict Rodimus), Kazuya, Devil Jin, and Heihachi: Bryan is played by alot of people, but I think is one of the most balanced power fighters in the series, not to mention he has some nice looking juggles ;)

SFA: Rolento (duh!), Cody, Dan, Sodom: I mainly get a kick out of rolento's super cheap QCF+P, QCF+P, QCF+P can be against anyone who is blocking. Cody, I know is not that great, but I just like the awkward style he plays. Dan... well, he's the first guy I loved playing in Alpha. Sodom I suck at and need to work on, but he plays like a weird grappler.

SFIII: Nobody (ken or makoto, but I don't want to admit it): I just suck at this game. Nuff said.

Vs Series: Venom (a childhood dream come true for me), Captian Commando, Jin... and that's it!: Venom plays exactly the way I would want him to. Venom to be in a 2d fighter was a childhood dream of mine ever since Street Fighter 2 came out in the arcades, and this was the greatest gift to me capcom has ever made (other than Killer 7). Captian Commando is awsome partially due to the fact that his attacks do decent damage, but also take up the entire screens horizontal space or verticle, thus, preventing super jump type of players to jump like mad animals. Jin is the few charge type characters that plays pretty awsome, plus his damage is great.

Soul Calibur: Nightmare/Sigfreid and Asteroth/Rock, and probably soon to be Zasalamel: Nightmare is my version of Bryan for the soul calibur universe, good speed and power. Asteroth is a great Mind Game/Power character. Zasalamel, I heve yet to play, but watching most of the way he plays I like him already... kinda plays like a Kazuya for the SC universe.

Rival Schools: Shoma, Hideo, and Edge: I have been a huge Hideo fan since Rival Schools launch...

KOF:Yamazaki, Ralf, Heidren, and Maxima: Yamazaki... oh man... his personality alone makes the game great. In fact I programmed a pretty sad brawler type game using him as the main character

Darkstalkers:Demitri, J. Talbain, Huitzel: dont know what to say here...

VF: Jacky, Sarah

DOA: Hitomi

GGX:Axel Low, Zappa, (vampire guy... forgot name... gahh!)

... not everyone I play alot is on the list, but these are mainly my mains.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']
Capcom

Sega
[/QUOTE]

Wow! if that's true, this is awsome! hope they dont suck (VF wont for sure.)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='Kain Vincent']
Capcom

Sega
QUOTE]

hope they dont suck (VF wont for sure.)[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's the other way around.

[quote name='The VGM']I imagine they are all under 14? :lol: ;)

The kids love Kirby.[/QUOTE]

Actually no. :lol:

I think it's because Jigglypuff is too cute for them. :lol:

[quote name='Kain Vincent'] # Virtua Fighter 5 (LindBergh)[/QUOTE]

:drool: :drool: :drool:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Actually no. :lol:

I think it's because Jigglypuff is too cute for them. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Or maybe the fact that jiggly puff sucks? That would do it too.

[quote name='The VGM']Or maybe the fact that jiggly puff sucks? That would do it too.[/QUOTE]

I like destroying people with Jigglypuff ... :twisted: :lol:

sub, I'll beat you in all the games you play. I'll beat you in DOA, I'll beat you in VF, I'll beat you in SSB, I'll beat you in Mary Kate and Ashley's Sweet 16, all of them.

both SF4 and VF5 have huge shoes to fill, but I can't wait to try em out.

Anyone up for some SFA3?

[quote name='The VGM']sub, I'll beat you in all the games you play. I'll beat you in DOA, I'll beat you in VF, I'll beat you in SSB, I'll beat you in Mary Kate and Ashley's Sweet 16, all of them.[/QUOTE]

Probably. I'm way too impatient to be any good. fuck blocking, I just want to get it over with. :lol:

Except for that last one ... I've never played a MK&A game. :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']as long as SF4 is a huge crossover between SF and Final Fight, then I'll be happy :)[/QUOTE]

Final Fight? wtf?

Tekken:i'm a huge king fan. my other choices would be violet and hwaorang

SFA: charlie, blanka, bison

SFIII: it always takes me a while to get sued to the speed of this game, but i usually do well with hugo and makoto

Vs Series: zangief! charlie's, omega red and venom are my faves

Soul Calibur: raphael

Rival Schools: kyosuke and kyoko

KOF: goro daimon!!! choi's fun to play with too. and then ther'es athena, kyo,iori terry, shermie clark and griffon

MOTW: i'm pretty well rounded with just about everyone, but my favorites are: griffon, dong hwan, terry and B. Jenet :bouncy:

Darkstalkers:i never really gave this game a chance. but when i do play it, i usually pick lilith and hsien-ko

VF: it's been a while, but i like the indian canadian guy

GGX:sol and may are fun

SSB: captain falcon is my fave. jigglypuff being a close second. ( i get great joy in pounding my opponents to death :) )

SSBM: ganondorf all the way. just pure power!!! honorable mentions go out to link, jigglypuff.

breakersL condor!! and i also like rila

... yeah i'm more or less a grappler

[quote name='The VGM']Final Fight? wtf?[/QUOTE]

if you haven't noticed by now, alot of street fighters have had Final Fight characters in them: Sodom, Rolento, Cody, and Guy are in SFA.(Blonde girl that looks like guy) in Capcom vs Snk 2. Also, Hugo/Poison from SFIII is also from final fight.

so don't wtf me!(j/k)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you haven't noticed by now, alot of street fighters have had Final Fight characters in them: Sodom, Rolento, Cody, and Guy are in SFA.(Blonde girl that looks like guy) in Capcom vs Snk 2. Also, Hugo/Poison from SFII is also from final fight.

so don't wtf me!(j/k)[/QUOTE]

I never knew Sodom and Rolento were Final Fight characters.

[quote name='The VGM']I never knew Sodom and Rolento were Final Fight characters.[/QUOTE]
yeah well they weapons when alpha first came out, but if ou pick him in SFA3 in x-ism mode, you can see his little sword thingies. tha'ts about hte only difference i can see

[quote name='The VGM']I never knew Sodom and Rolento were Final Fight characters.[/QUOTE]

yeah, didn't realize it until I played SFA3 for the first time long ago. I asked around about the characters and found out they were from Final Fight. I then played FF (2 or one? can't remember) and came to a boss that was none other than Rolento himself... grenades, rolling, and all... still have yet to see Sodom.

plus, Rolento's SFA3 ending was a semi givaway to their link to final fight, as they teamed up in the ending.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, didn't realize it until I played SFA3 for the first time long ago. I asked around about the characters and found out they were from Final Fight. I then played FF (2 or one? can't remember) and came to a boss that was none other than Rolento himself... grenades, rolling, and all... still have yet to see Sodom.

plus, Rolento's SFA3 ending was a semi givaway to their link to final fight, as they teamed up in the ending.[/QUOTE]

I believe Sodom is Katana with a different name (and different weapons).

There is a guy at the end of level 2 in Final Fight 1 that you fight in a wrestling ring... uses a large katana, hence the name Katana. Looks identical to Sodom, so I'm thinking Capcom just changed the name, gave him more unique weapons, and went with it.

Hugo is the son of Andore from Final Fight 1, IIRC. I know he has ties to him somehow.

Rolento is at the end of stage 6 I believe in Final Fight, in the industry level. He's a pain in the ass to fight... Rolento's stage was the one cut out of the SNES version, as well.

Maki is in CvS 2, and she was a playable character in Final Fight 2, I believe (though it could be 3).

Everyone knows where Cody and Guy are from.

That's about all the Final Fight characters that have shown up in fighting games.

Bonus fact! The new Final Fight: Streetwise stars Cody's brother Kyle.

yeah.. depending on how capcom handles the streetwise game, I may get it. I am more interested in Beatdown though, as that looks interesting...

also, since we are kinda talking about beat em ups, anyone who likes the tekken series should pick up Urban Reign for PS2 when it comes out. It's developed by the same exact team that made Tekken 5, and also has Paul and Law as playable characters.

Okay guys, before you get too excited over Street Fighter 4 the list Kain Vincent gave you, 80% of it was accurate for a JAMMA arcade show in Japan that's in September. Hopefully all of it's true but some are not confirmed yet.

Rolento - The only reason I say Paul is easy to predict is because he's been around since Tekken 1. When I was in Tokyo I played some Tekken 5 in the best arcades in the world, and whenever I used Paul they always low parryed me, but my Fang Wei seemed completly new to them. I was catching them off gaurd. It's just that Paul's been around for awhile and it's easy to remember what his move are like. That's why I always train extremly hard with a new character in every version.

Maki was in Final Fight 2, Sodom was in Final Fight 1, and Rolento was in Final Fight 1 however the SNES version cut him and his stage from the Arcade version, but later added it in Final Fight GUY for the SNES wich was a re-release of Final Fight with more stuff (including Guy which wasn't in the original SNES release)

PS. The girl that comes out with Hugo in SFIII is alegedly a hermaphrodite. Just what I heard from the grape vine.

@Rodimus: yeah, makes sense that people know him easily now. I kinda do the same with learning new characters, except I try to learn old character's new moves and try to figure out new ways to play them so that people are caught off gaurd more. Some of the best fights are always the games focused on primarily Mind Games.

Another note about Hugo: he is an enemy in FF (don't know which one). He's a tall guy who wear orange or read I think. He has the same curly hair, but is not as huge as his SFIII version of himself.

yet, I am still grossed out by the fact that Poison was once a man...

[quote name='evilmax17']Wasn't there a fighter where you could pick Poison? I think I might be thinking of Capcom Fighting Allstars (canceled).[/QUOTE]
there was a 3d final fight fighter out there, but i know nothing about it at all. posion was playable though (i saw her in a screenshot)

I have to get in on this.
SF series - Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Akuma, Bison (if Im pissed), & Guile (if I want to be cheap)
KOF, Fatal Fury series - Terry Bogard all the way
Capcom Marvel Fighters - Wolverine, Psylocke, Captain America
Guilty Gear (just started playing) - Ky
Samurai Shodown - Galford, Hiromaru
Tekken Series - Eddy Gordo, Paul Pheonix, Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin
World Heroes - Jane
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Adult Link and Pickachu (because nothing beats beating the crap out of someone and then doing Pickachu's dance over his victim)
Ehrgeiz - Cloud, Sephiroth (Square needs to make fighting game based around its RPG series characters)
Vs. Series - Any of the above characters
Darkstalker series - Dmetri, Morrigan

[quote name='gigan54']there was a 3d final fight fighter out there, but i know nothing about it at all. posion was playable though (i saw her in a screenshot)[/QUOTE]

Their is a game called Final Fight Revenge and it was one of the last games to come out for Sega Staurn. Posion was in it and was a playable chacter.

dan62bn.gif

...robert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back