The King of Fighters XII - Gen. Discussion & Info - Sign Up For The CAG KoFXII List!

Looks like the 772 MB patch is a way to make the install mandatory for the game.

Stole this from the KoF website forums:
Update 1.01 Change log:

- You can press Square now to invite a friend.
- People you have fought appear in PLAYER MET now.
- Menus are faster.
- FRIENDS MATCH appears now in the Online section (no need to go through XMB method, but is still there PS3 ver that is)
- Installation is not OPTIONAL ANYMORE, the Patch technically is the Installation of the game, try to install the game and it will prop you that it's not necessary to install since the patch has the installation in it, that is the reason it's 772 mbs.
- Netcode is BETTER, yet NOT PERFECT, we aren't sure if the dedicated servers are up already or not, so we will have to wait till then to know if the patch fix the lag with the dedicated servers.

I heard that Terry doesn't have the Buster Wolf special in this game. Say it ain't so! :cry:

I'm debating if I should get this or not, it would be my first KOF game but I do have Street Fighter IV and BlazBlue. Advice?

[quote name='PhaperPlane']I heard that Terry doesn't have the Buster Wolf special in this game. Say it ain't so! :cry:

I'm debating if I should get this or not, it would be my first KOF game but I do have Street Fighter IV and BlazBlue. Advice?[/QUOTE]

Get rid of Blazblue and get KOF. Girls play Gaysglue. Real men. SAIKYO!

As much as I really want to get this day one, being a huge KOF fan, I think I may wait this one out. Along with SFIV's recent price drop and Blazblue hitting a few weeks ago, I can't see this one holding on to that $60 price tag for more than a few weeks.

I believe I saw this game for 52.99 on a Fry's ad, for whenever it is released. in their store.

[quote name='PhaperPlane']I heard that Terry doesn't have the Buster Wolf special in this game. Say it ain't so! :cry:

I'm debating if I should get this or not, it would be my first KOF game but I do have Street Fighter IV and BlazBlue. Advice?[/QUOTE]
I'd say wait. Since this is your first venture into KoF, I would assume you'll be disappointed buying this game for $60. Stick with SFIV for a bit.

Again, this game is really for the KoF fans at the price of $60

Sorry about the double post, but I just popped in KoF and there seems to be a patch already for the game. Pretty big too, 772MB. I'll report back in a few what it entails.

edit: I guess I'm late to the party, disregard what I said.

Last edited by a moderator:
im debating if i should just return my copy to amazon. its on its way in the mail. i think the only way ignition will calm the community down is releasing FREE dlc to make what looks to be an incomplete game into an acceptable one.

I doubt the DLC will be free. If the rumors are true about releasing Mai as a DLC character, there's no doubt they'll charge for it cause there's no one who buys KoFXII that wouldn't pony up the cash for Mai too.

yes, but then that brings up a balance issue: those who dont buy the character dlc and those who do. that is probably why i havent ever seen a character dlc for fighting games except yoda in sc4 which i would never pay for.

is anyone else debating about returning/selling their copy. i havent even got mine in the mail and im strongly leaning towards that action.

IGN gave this a 6. That is the lowest score I've seen for a fighter in a long time. They also said people should skip it, and play Blazblue instead. I wonder what Paco would think of that. :lol:

I hate how Terry's moves changes from game to game... but I guess that's just balancing.

Get it, support Fighters!

[quote name='jman619']IGN gave this a 6. That is the lowest score I've seen for a fighter in a long time. They also said people should skip it, and play Blazblue instead. I wonder what Paco would think of that. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's because IGN sucks Guilty Gear's cock like a little bitch so of course they're going to open up their ass for Gaysglue.

And King of Fighters historically has NEVER been popular in the US. It's big in my home country though.

[quote name='RedarTemaG']I hate how Terry's moves changes from game to game... but I guess that's just balancing.

Get it, support Fighters![/QUOTE]

LOL. You're complaining about Terry having his moves changed for like the third time in 12 games? How do you think Kensou players feel having his entire moveset changed almost yearly for fun?

[quote name='Paco']Get rid of Blazblue and get KOF. Girls play Gaysglue. Real men. SAIKYO![/QUOTE]

What is that - Gaysglue? Sounds like live talk to me.

Don't hate. I'm happy that we have 4 fighters this year.

I hope this at least turns out to be like Socom Confrontation. This game really needs an overhaul in the form of gamechanging patches. It really can't be more barebones than this. Though I hear Ignition is listening to the forum posters. However, they suggested to change NAT settings to 1 to improve connection. And if you know that NAT has nothing to do with connection quality, you'll see this as them stalling or trying to deflect the blame.

[quote name='Dasflikko']Hah, Gaysglue how witty. It is witty because gays rhymes with blaze right?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to say that at least 90% of the characters in Blaz are pretty damn fruity. While 30% on KOF Are women despite being men. You think Blazblue is the only game I rag on? Do you have any idea how many times I've mocked people for choosing Kyo, Shen Woo, Iori, Ash for wearing girls pants? Or that I tell people when they choose Kyo, Ash and Athena that I like it when people choose all girls teams? I rip on both games equally, but it's more fun to rip on Blazblue simply because every damn character is a huge anime stereotype. Big Booby Lady? The catgirl thing with big ass paws? The lolita vampire? The Inuyasha wannabe?

[quote name='option.iv']I hope this at least turns out to be like Socom Confrontation. This game really needs an overhaul in the form of gamechanging patches. It really can't be more barebones than this. Though I hear Ignition is listening to the forum posters. However, they suggested to change NAT settings to 1 to improve connection. And if you know that NAT has nothing to do with connection quality, you'll see this as them stalling or trying to deflect the blame.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was SNKP that was laying this shit down. Ignition is well aware that NAT3 doesn't do too much. Though in all fairness NAT 3 does cause connection problems even when forwarded properly and NAT 2 and 3 will never be as good as NAT1 when properly configured.

Socom amazes me because it had a completely fucked up launch, YET it is the Number 1 most played PS3 title online.

[quote name='Paco']That's because IGN sucks Guilty Gear's cock like a little bitch so of course they're going to open up their ass for Gaysglue.

And King of Fighters historically has NEVER been popular in the US. It's big in my home country though.[/QUOTE]

lmao. Is the online still broke? I got the game, and enjoy everything so far. I haven't tried it online though.

[quote name='jman619']lmao. Is the online still broke? I got the game, and enjoy everything so far. I haven't tried it online though.[/QUOTE]

The netcode actually works great. IN JAPAN FOO. They made the netcode more distance based then anything. I have NO LAG when playing people in California or in the west coast in general, but the farther away you are the worse the lag gets. That's SNKP's problem right there. They made the online play for fucking region based bullshit. It's good for Japan which is essentially an Island so they most likely have NO lag when playing people around since it's all concentrated. But with a vast area like the US, this type of online sucks ass and is broken down into regions.

I've had some success with topics and region listing where we find people from our state and play them. That ensures lag free games.

[quote name='option.iv']I hope this at least turns out to be like Socom Confrontation. This game really needs an overhaul in the form of gamechanging patches. It really can't be more barebones than this. Though I hear Ignition is listening to the forum posters. However, they suggested to change NAT settings to 1 to improve connection. And if you know that NAT has nothing to do with connection quality, you'll see this as them stalling or trying to deflect the blame.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing

King of Fighters XII would like to thank everyone for their patience! SNK is currently undergoing testing and will issue an announcement regarding online play this week.

Taken from there facebook. Not sure what the announcement is going to be. I'm hoping for a patch,but I kind of doubt it.

Anyone want to start a list of where everyone is for the game? The only way to get a lag free game in this is to be fighting in the same state or in close proximity. This is the list of people I have composed thus far.

California

Senior_LULZ
wAr1oMaN
Lead_Tester
theTanimal
Omisida
deadcell906
ccaifan9
Shawn_Michaels
deande "rage quitter"
BLUE_RAY_
Monochrome Red
chaindrive30
gundam1355
Wotcher
option-iv

Canada

death_bringer18

Colorado

SolidLatino83

Deleware

LouMan0013

Maryland

MegaXtreme
pickselpusher!
AlbaMeira

Massachusetts

Superfreak8

Missouri

gtbaddy

New York

KanzenY-3

North Carolina

Kazahashi
dothack102

Ohio

ssbigdaddy76

I'm in California (once I pick the game up). Are all these names in the list CAGs? I'll update the first post with the list.

[quote name='jman619']Or you could just go by the bars like I do. If its red leave, and if its yellow it should be alright or at least playable. I'm in good old NC... *sighs*[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter if it's yellow. It still lags. I'm doing the state thing simply because people within the state have no lag. And those are the games I'm after.

And no, the list is from people I played, mainly from gamefaqs and playing people online. I can do the CAG list too.

i suck miserably. i could barely beat paco's first guy. it didn't help that i forgot all the basics from my 98 days.

[quote name='Paco']Doesn't matter if it's yellow. It still lags. I'm doing the state thing simply because people within the state have no lag. And those are the games I'm after.

And no, the list is from people I played, mainly from gamefaqs and playing people online. I can do the CAG list too.[/QUOTE]

Not the games I played they don't. That's what I go by,but it would be even better to find people in the same state.

So the CAG KoFXII list basically has 5 names in it right now, I'll probably wait till more people post their info before I start making a master list.

Played online for the first time today...... yeah think that will be the last time until a patch. Other then that atrocious experience I like the game.

Posted today.

King of Fighters XII Attention King of Fighters XII fans, we just wanted to let you know that we’ve been testing an upcoming software update with SNK PLAYMORE and the online play results have been very good! Quality Assurance is ongoing, and will update the fans on its release soon. Thanks!

That's great news and all but you'd think that this kind of extra online QA stuff should've been done before the release of the game.

[quote name='option.iv']What does "very good" mean? I sure hope it's some damn good netcode, US KoF players are dropping like flies.[/QUOTE]

That's under the assumption that US players were KOF fans to begin with :booty:everyone knows that it's Latin America that keeps KOF afloat.

Hey KOF fans! We are continuing to test SNK PLAYMORE’s upcoming fix for KOF XII’s online play. Just tested in Japan and still need to test with Europe, but unfortunately, next week’s “Golden Week” holiday in Japan could potentially impact the submission and deployment of the patch. We’ll keep you updated with all developments—thanks for your patience!

Funny they don't mention the US. There testing Japan, and Europe. Watch the patch finally come out, and not help at all. xD

[quote name='jman619']Hey KOF fans! We are continuing to test SNK PLAYMORE’s upcoming fix for KOF XII’s online play. Just tested in Japan and still need to test with Europe, but unfortunately, next week’s “Golden Week” holiday in Japan could potentially impact the submission and deployment of the patch. We’ll keep you updated with all developments—thanks for your patience!

Funny they don't mention the US. There testing Japan, and Europe. Watch the patch finally come out, and not help at all. xD[/QUOTE]

Your news is about a week late. THIS is the newest news

The testing of the update is quickly coming to a end with extremely positive results! We just have to get Microsoft and Sony approvals now but we are targeting to have it available near the end of August. The game has an amazing group of fans and we want you to experience this update as soon as possible. Thanks for being patient everyone and we’ll see you online!

[quote name='Paco']Your news is about a week late. THIS is the newest news

The testing of the update is quickly coming to a end with extremely positive results! We just have to get Microsoft and Sony approvals now but we are targeting to have it available near the end of August. The game has an amazing group of fans and we want you to experience this update as soon as possible. Thanks for being patient everyone and we’ll see you online![/QUOTE]

I was to lazy to check for one online. I saw it on another forum, and posted it. I really wish I had waited a month to buy the game. I could have got it a lot cheaper. Not that it isn't good just saying. ;)

[quote name='jman619']I was to lazy to check for one online. I saw it on another forum, and posted it. I really wish I had waited a month to buy the game. I could have got it a lot cheaper. Not that it isn't good just saying. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad I live in a state where KOF is incredibly popular due to the Mexicans. I can get lag free games with good frequency and play with friends offline. But it does get tiring fighting the same six people over and over again.

[quote name='Paco']I'm just glad I live in a state where KOF is incredibly popular due to the Mexicans. I can get lag free games with good frequency and play with friends offline. But it does get tiring fighting the same six people over and over again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it would be better to not have to check around for the same area people, and just play with whoever.

The PS3 patch was submitted on last Friday, we'll announce its release as soon as it receives approval from SCEA.

Posted yesterday. I'm sure Paco is going to top me with even more recent information. ;)

Sorry I denied your invite to play KoF Paco, but I'll have to wait and see if the patch does anything. I remember playing someone in CA and still getting horrible lag.

bread's done
Back