The Laptop Collection $9.99 at Best Buy B&M (Alpha Centauri, Sim City 3000)

mdm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Awesome deal. It's worth it alone for Alpha Centauri, let alone its expansion and then there's Sim City 3000 unlimited, C&C Red Alert 2 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour Collection.

[quote name='defender']link?[/quote]I'm assuming that it's B&M only.

Nicew deal. I paid $10 for SimCity alone, so this is well worth it. :)

I've been wanting Alpha Centauri for awhile. Can anyone tell me if its good? I know it doesn't approach the greatness of Civ 2, but is it somewhat close? Or would I be better going for Civ 3, or the sequel to Civ 2? I got confused around the time that Alpha Centauri, Civ 3, and the sequel to Civ 2 came out, since every fucking company had some sort of sequel and I wasn't sure which one was the "real" sequel to Civ 2.

Alpha Centauri rocks. You can't go wrong with this.

PS: I've played Civ2, 3 and AC extensively and I like AC most.

[quote name='mdm']Awesome deal. It's worth it alone for Alpha Centauri, let alone its expansion and then there's Sim City 3000 unlimited, C&C Red Alert 2 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour Collection.[/quote]

C&C Red Alert is the best game from that list. Fantastic game. I may check this out soon.

I think Alpha Centauri is one of the greatest games ever. Better than Civ2 in some aspects. I tried getting into Civ3 when it came out but just didn't get interested.

Loved Alpha Centuri. Only problem is, many people and reviewers had a hard time getting past the fact that there's no real historical context to easily attach to or recognize. For instance, what the heck is a Superconductor useful for in the game? Still, it's a great game, just remember you will have to learn how to play it. Still, it's an awesome, awesome game.

Speaking of packages... there's another one wiorth $10 at my CC. It's a combo package with two boxes. It says Win Xp Gaming collection 2 on one of the boxes.

Anyway, if you can find it... it includes some great games. Vietcong, Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader, and a couple other B tier games. Then there are like 190 other mini games that are crap.

AC is an amazing game. Like all other Sid Meier games you'll be telling yourself "just one more turn" and before you know you're up till 3 in the morning. As for SimCity 3000, I'm so-so on that.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']AC is actually PC Gamers highest rated game EVER. nd this is a great package, I got it for 20 a year ago, but 10 is an even better deal.[/quote]

True. 98% Damn.
Even has a GameRankings average of 92.5

bread's done
Back