The Last Days of the Hastings / GoHastings Universe - Check the latest posts!

kodave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION IN THIS THREAD, READ THE FAQ BELOW!

GoHastings.Com Promotional Deals and Codes

AMARILLO, Texas - Texas-based Hastings Entertainment Inc. has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Company officials say the reorganization filing includes its parent company, Draw Another Circle, and sister brands Movie Stop and SPImages.

A statement posted Monday on the Hastings website says the Chapter 11 process will help prepare the business for an intended sale, while providing protections and financing to continue operations. Further financial details weren’t released.

Hastings will no longer accept or honor deposits for movie purchases and will no longer rent games. Hastings gift cards expire July 13, 2016. The company’s buyback program has been suspended.
Full List Of Online Coupon Codes

In-Store Sales / Discounts / Liquidation will vary from Online Sale / Coupon offerings

Check latest posts in thread for more specific updates

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please read me before posting a question!

Click the "Show Spoiler" button below to see the FAQ
General
Question: What is Hastings / GoHastings.Com?
Answer:
Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used books, videos, video games and CDs, and trends and consumer electronics merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games in a superstore format. Currently there are 146 superstores. Hastings also operates www.goHastings.com, an e-commerce Internet Web site that makes available to customers new and used entertainment products and unique, contemporary gifts and toys.

Question: Gee, this is a really long FAQ. Doesn't Hasting have their own FAQ for customers?
Answer:
Hastings does have their own FAQ. You can read Hastings' official FAQ by clicking here. However, this FAQ goes into many details that Hastings' own FAQ does not. So be sure to read through all of this before asking a question!

NEW!
Question: How can I filter and sort Used Video Games to remove the out of stock items?
Answer:
Find the "Stock" dropdown menu option when browsing the used game selection and choose "In Stock." Games that have been purchased in the past day and are now out of stock may still appear.

NEW!
Question: Where can I find clearance video games and other clearance items?
Answer:
Clearance Video Games are in New condition; Plus $2.28 shipping per game
Click Here For Overall Video Game Clearance Items > Sort by Platform on the drop down menu
Click Here For Overall Clearance Items

Game / Item Condition
Question: What is the difference between "used" and "previously viewed" items on GoHastings.Com?
Answer:
"Used" games and movies are items that have been traded in to a Hastings retail location by a customer. "Previously viewed" games and movies are items that Hastings has rented out to customers at their retail locations but are now selling to the public.

When it comes to video games, most CAGs report no real difference between the two other than some ancillary stickers, but both "used" and "previously viewed" games are subject to being scratched, abused, or incomplete depending how well it was previously taken care of.

When it comes to movies, the "Previously Viewed" rental versions often lack features from the full retail versions and may come in different boxes, have different UPCs, have white barcode stickers around the center ring of the disc, etc.

You may encounter a situation where a customer has purchased a "previously used" item from Hastings, then traded it back into Hastings, thus making it a "used" item. This practiced is frowned upon by most customers, but Hastings has shown next to no incentive to change it. It mostly happens with movies.

Question: Do used and previously viewed video games come complete with the original case and manual?
Answer:
GoHastings.Com states as follows:

Due to the nature of used products; booklet inserts, digital movie downloads and manuals are not guaranteed in our used video games, movies and CDs.
However, the vast majority of CAGs have reported that a large majority of their games do arrive complete. Incomplete games are more of an exception rather than the rule.

Question: Are used collector's editions and limited editions of games guaranteed to come with extras like bonus discs, statutes, and other items?
Answer:
No. Hopefully the used CE and LE games would at least come with all of the discs, but this is not guaranteed. And there is absolutely no guarantee other physical items or "swag" will be included for these used copies. However, CAGs have reported that they have purchased used CE and LE games and received all of the extras. If you order a used CE or LE and it does not come with the extras, just contact customer service and ask about a return/refund.

Question: What condition do "used" and "previously viewed" discs come in?
Answer:
Mosts CAGs seem to get games in good, playable condition if not better. However, there have been cases of receiving a game so scratched up that it would not load/play. These games can be returned to GoHastings.Com at no cost to the customer for a full refund.

NEW!
Question: Are New condition games factory sealed or gutted and re-sealed?
Answer:
As of mid-2013, Hastings retail stores have adopted a policy of gutting games then storing the game discs, manuals and DLC papers separately. This is so they do not have to lock up games or put security cases on games yet still allow the customer to physically handle the boxes in-store. When a new game is sold, Hasting will either re-seal the game or they will place the game in a bag that cannot be opened if you want to return the game as new.

Shipping
Question: Why are my items shipping individually? Why does GoHastings.Com include a shipping charge for each individual item ordered?
Answer:
Hastings does not have warehouses for fulfilling internet orders. All items are shipped from individual brick and mortar retail stores. If your order contains multiple items, your order may ship from multiple locations at different times if one location does not have all of the items you ordered. Because items could ship from more than one location, GoHastings.Com charges a per item shipping fee. Yes this can be frustrating, so its best to either get over it if you intend to shop at GoHastings.Com, or if you can't get over it, shop elsewhere. Like all "deals," include the shipping price per item into consideration for the total cost of the game being purchased.

UPDATED!
Question: How much is shipping per item?
Answer:
Video Games and PC software ship for $2.28 per item.

CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays ship for $1.29 per item.

Books have a per-order charge of $3.00 plus $0.99 shipping per book ordered.

Game Hardware, Electronics and Trends have a per-order charge of $1.99 plus $0.10 shipping per ounce for each item ordered.

Full shipping information, including expedited shipping prices, can be found HERE.

Occasionally, GoHastings.Com offers free or reduced shipping promotions.

Please note, books used to ship for $0.96 per order with no per item charge but Hastings discontinued that pricing scheme as of January 10, 2014. CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays used to ship for $0.96 per item, but Hastings raised that price to the current cost as of approximately May 25, 2014.

Question: How long does it take GoHastings.Com to ship my order?
Answer:
Standard Shipping:
Order processed within 48 Hours
Shipping time is 3-10 Days

Priority / Expedited Mail:
Order processed within 48 Hours
Shipping time is 2 - 3 Days

Question: What service does GoHastings.Com use to ship items?
Answer:
GoHastings.Com primarily ships items using the United States Postal Service (USPS). Video games ship via USPS First Class Mail. Books, movies and music ship via USPS Media Mail. Larger orders may ship via UPS.

Question: Will GoHastings.Com give me a tracking number for each shipment?
Answer:
Every shipment usually has a tracking number associated with it. If you did not see a tracking number in the shipping confirmation email, check your order history on GoHastings.Com.

Question: What will GoHastings.Com ship my items in?
Answer:
It will vary. Hastings might use a yellow paper mailer with bubble padding on the inside. They might use a white plastic envelope with bubble padding on the inside. They might use a stiffer paper/lighter cardboard envelope with no padding. Hastings will try to jam as many items into any of the above envelope options as possible, resulting in frequently damaged books, broken game/movie/CD cases, etc. On rare occasions, someone at Hastings will have the common sense to put larger or heavier items into a box for safer shipping, but even then they will neglect to use padding. Hastings used to ship items in a white plastic poly-bag with absolutely no padding or protection, but after numerous complaints, the company claims these are supposed to be phased out and no longer in use. They still pop up from time to time.

Order Cancellations / Out Of Stock Items
Question: Why was an item cancelled out of my order? Why is that item back in stock right now?
Answer:
GoHastings.Com fills their stock from their Hastings brick and mortar retail locations. Additionally, GoHastings.Com sells items on Amazon and eBay. Their online inventory system is antiquated and does not update stock instantaneously across physical store locations, GoHastings.Com, Amazon, and eBay. Therefore if someone bought the same item first in store/on Amazon/on eBay, their order will be fulfilled first and your item will be cancelled if there is not enough inventory to go around, even though you thought the item was in stock. Yes this sucks, but now you know about it so you can simply choose not to shop at GoHastings in the future if you can't deal with it. No need to endlessly complain about it in posts. Consider writing a letter to the president of Hastings, whose contact info can be found below this FAQ.

Because Hastings' physical store locations accept trade-ins for the used items that they sell, an item that was out of stock may quickly come back into stock if someone trades in the same item, or if someone returns the same item. However, as stated above, GoHastings.Com has an antiquated online system, and they will not be able to fulfill any items on your order once they have been canceled. You will have to re-order the item, at which time the promotion you initially ordered under may have expired. You can try to contact customer service to see if they will create a new order for you with the price point your originally ordered under.

Question: I just ordered something and now it shows as out of stock, either on my order history page or on the item's page. Will my order be canceled?
Answer:
Probably not, but it is still possible. GoHastings.Com updates its inventory count immediately when sales from the website are made. Therefore if they had one item, and you ordered it, it will now show up as out of stock on GoHastings.Com. However, if someone ordered it off Hastings' eBay or Amazon Marketplace listings first, they may fulfill that order first and cancel your order. Also, if someone walks into the store and purchases the item before it is pulled to ship to you, your order will be canceled. Additionally, store employees may not be able to locate the item and thus cancel your order for that reason. Hastings also has a problem on their website where items in your order history show as out of stock, sometimes regardless of the actual stock. Your best bet is to take a deep breath and not worry about it.

Sale Pricing
NEW!
Question: How can I tell if one promotion or discount is better than a different commonly offered promotion or discount?
Answer:
The following guides are only for video games since they take into consideration the $2.28 per game shipping price. You will have to do your own math for music/movies, books, trends/electronics and other shipping sales.

Remember, stock and prices fluctuate constantly and may not be the same by the next sale.

The math in the Buy 2 Get 1 For $1 deal assumes you choose three equally priced games to maximize your potential savings.

Free Shipping:
Vs. 96¢ Per Item Shipping: Use free shipping, obviously
Vs. 20% Off: Use free shipping with items $11.40 and less
Vs. 25% Off: Use free shipping with items $9.12 and less
Vs. Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 For $1: Use free shipping with items $7.84 and less
Vs. 30% Off: Use free shipping with items $7.60 and less
Vs. 33% Off: Use free shipping with items $6.91 and less
Vs. 40% Off: Use free shipping with items $5.70 and less

96 Cent Shipping:
Vs. Free Shipping: Wait for Free Shipping, obviously
Vs. 20% Off: Use 96¢ shipping with items $6.60 and less
Vs. 25% Off: Use 96¢ shipping with items $5.28 and less
Vs. Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 For $1: Use 96¢ shipping with items $4.96 and less
Vs. 30% Off: Use 96¢ shipping with items $4.40 and less
Vs. 33% Off: Use 96¢ shipping with items $4.00 and less
Vs. 40% Off: Use 96¢ shipping with items $3.30 and less

20% Off:
Vs. Free Shipping: For items over $11.40, use 20% Off
Vs. 96 Cent Shipping: For items over $6.60, use 20% Off
Vs. Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 For $1: For items under $2.50, use 20% Off

25% Off:
Vs. Free Shipping: For items over $9.12, use 25% Off
Vs. 96 Cent Shipping: For items over $5.28, use 20% Off
Vs. Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 For $1: For items under $4.00, use 25% Off

30% Off:
Vs. Free Shipping: For items over $7.60, use 30% Off
Vs. 96 Cent Shipping: For items over $4.40, use 30% Off
Vs. Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 For $1: For items under $10, use 30% Off

Buy 2 Get 1 For $1:
Vs. Free Shipping: Use free shipping with items $7.84 and less
Vs. $0.96 Shipping: Use 96¢ shipping with items $4.96 and less

33% Off:
Vs. Free Shipping: For items over $6.91, use 33% Off
Vs. 96 Cent Shipping: For items over $4.00, use 33% Off

40% Off:
Vs. Free Shipping: For items over $5.70, use 40% Off
Vs. 96 Cent Shipping: For items over $3.30, use 40% Off

Question: GoHastings.Com totally raised their prices prior to the sale! OMGWTFBBQSauce! Should I call the police / attorney general / president of the United States?
Answer:
GoHastings.Com claims to not raise their prices prior to sales. Their pricing is based on algorithms that consider things like supply, demand, competitor pricing, market rates, etc. If a game was $10 before the sale and $15 24 hours into the sale, chances are there were only a couple of copies of the game and someone bought one when the sale started, thus affecting the supply and demand. You are not the only one monitoring a Wish List on GoHastings.Com. However, there have been some clearly documented instances of raising prices right before a sale, especially with books rather than games.

Promotional Deal Codes
Question: Why is the promotional code not applying to my order?
Answer:
Certain M-rated games carry the disclaimer that "This item is only available for purchase by customers age 17 and older." If you have such a game in your cart, be sure to check the box by the "Check Out" button that says "I am at least 17 years of age" before clicking the "Apply Promotion Code" button to apply the promotional code.

Additionally, some promotional codes only apply to select qualifying titles. Be sure that your order only contains such titles. Occasionally the GoHastings.Com programmers miss something and games that are supposed to qualify do not work with the promotional code. If this is the case, please contact GoHastings.Com. Contact information can be found below this FAQ.

Question: Can I use more than one promotional code at the same time? Can I stack promotional codes?
Answer:
No, you can only apply one promotional code per order. This prevents code stacking. If there are two promotional codes valid at the same time that you would like to use, you must place two or more separate orders.

Question: What time do promotions normally begin / end?
Answer:
GoHastings.Com operates based on the Central Time Zone. Weekly promotions usually start on Sunday and usually last the whole week. Various other promotions may have different start times and durations. Promotions usually begin at midnight Central time. However, sometimes the new promotions take a while to go "live" on the website, so always double check your order that the correct discounted price is shown.

Order Problems and Contacting Customer Service
(Including Returns/Replacements for Wrong Item or Damaged/Defective Item)

Question: I am trying to place an order and have entered my correct shipping address, billing address and credit card info. The check out page says there is a problem with my information and I need to correct it, but nothing is incorrect. What is going on?!
Answer:
This is a random error that seems to affect some people and not others. There is no known cause for it. People have reported it occurring with different credit card companies (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, etc.). Some people think it has to do with what web browser you use, so perhaps try a different one. Some people have reported they can't place orders from computers or IP numbers located out of the state where their billing or shipping address is located. The bottom line is there is no fix for this problem from the customer's end. Your only attempt to get it resolved will be to CALL Customer Service. Contact details for Customer Service can be found below this FAQ.

Question: GoHastings.Com sent me a defective game or the wrong game. How do I return it? Can they send me a replacement/correct item?
Answer:
Contact customer service to initiate the return process. Customer service contact information is located in this post, below the FAQ. GoHastings.Com will not charge you to ship the game back, and they will give you a full refund, including what you paid initially for shipping. In some instances, they will simply refund the cost of the item and let you keep the defective or wrong item for free. GoHastings.Com will not normally send you a replacement item if you received a defective or incorrect item. They will usually tell you that you must place a new order, at which time the promotion you initially ordered under may have expired. You can try to contact customer service to see if they will create a new order for you with the price point you originally ordered under.

Question: Something went wrong with my order. How do I contact customer service?
Answer:
Customer service contact information is located in this post, below the FAQ.

Question: Should I call or email customer service?
Answer:
CAGs have reported mixed experiences with both calling and emailing Hastings Customer Service. It is up to your preference. If you are contacting them regarding credit card issues, it may be best to call rather than put highly sensitive information in an email. If you call during business hours, your issue may be resolved right then over the phone. You might also have to wait on hold for a long period of time during peak hours. If you email, you may have to wait up to 48 hours to get a response, especially if you email over the weekend. Often the email replies fail to understand your entire issue with your order. Customer Service contact information is located in this post, below the FAQ.

Question: What is GoHastings.Com return policy?
Answer:
The GoHastings.Com website states their return policy is as follows:

All items purchased through gohastings.com may be returned for a full refund of the purchase price, if they meet the following criteria:

• All new items are in original unopened packaging.
  • Return of product is within 30 days of shipping date.
  • Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in saleable condition.
  • Video Game Systems that are found defective within the 30 day window must make a return using the manufacturer's warranty.
Shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
Note: Products purchased through goHastings.com may not be returned to a physical store location for refund.
However, this can be confusing considering used items, such as games, come in opened packaging. Normally GoHastings has no problem with returns for defective or incorrect used game shipments that are promptly requested. At the very least, if a game item was found to be defective within 30 days of the shipping date, you would have a good argument toward customer service that you should be able to return the game item. Abusing the return policy to replace your own broken items with items from GoHastings inventory wouldn't be a good idea.

Miscellaneous
Question: Does GoHastings.Com collect sales tax?
Answer:
According to GoHastings.Com:

Currently goHastings.com only charges sales tax in states where we have a physical presence. Sales taxes are calculated during the ordering process and will show tax charged for the delivery destination, based on current tax rates. Shipping charges may also be subject to tax in certain states.
Currently sales tax is automatically applied in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Arizona
  • Colorado
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Indiana
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • Oklahoma
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Washington
  • Wyoming

Question: Where are Hastings brick and mortar retail stores located?
Answer:
Question: Are the online prices the same in store? Are the online specials valid in store?
Answer:
Generally speaking, no. For used items and for some new items, GoHastings.Com uses algorithms where prices can change multiple times in one day. Hastings retail locations have their own set prices. See your local store for more information. Additionally, online special sales and promotions are not valid in store. Sometimes Hastings runs the same pricing online and in store for certain items.

Question: Are the brick and mortar retail location advertisements valid online?
Answer:
Generally the prices in the retail location advertisements are not valid on GoHastings.Com. Sometimes Hastings runs the same pricing online and in store for certain items.

Customer Service Contact Information
Customer Service Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 9 am through 9 pm CST
Toll Free Phone Number: (877)-HASTINGS (427-8464)
Fax: (806) 467-8330

Email: service[at]gohastings.com
PM the GoHastings Representative on CAG: gohastings (John) [Not active since October 2013]

Regular Mail:
Hastings Internet, Inc.
3601 Plains Blvd.
Amarillo, TX 79102

Comments to the President:
John Marmaduke, President & CEO RIP In Peace

Alan Van Ongevalle, President & COO
Hastings Entertainment, Inc.
PO Box 35350
Amarillo, TX 79120-5350

GoHastings.Com / Hastings Entertainment Online Information
Retail Store Weekly Ad: http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=StoreAd
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gohastings?sk=wall
Twitter: @gohastings
Google+: https://plus.google.com/107834874893127887270/posts
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gohastings/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/gohastings
Is the GoHastings.Com server down for everyone or just me?: Click here to check

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hamokmonky']Ive ordered thousands of items from them, and rarely do things not come complete. Infact, I think Ive only once or twice had used come incomplete for movies/dvd sets. Usually the games I get are complete too, but the most common occurrence seems that it doesnt come with the manual. More likely is the item coming in poor condition, but that is less than 10% for me too...[/QUOTE]
They send wrong versions,come dirty,incomplete,smashed so i avoid. I had stuff never come to... Be warned...

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']They send wrong versions,come dirty,incomplete,smashed so i avoid. I had stuff never come to... Be warned...[/QUOTE]

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Yeah, hamok's full of shit. I don't mean to say that lightly, he's absolutely lying. 80% of what I buy comes in "poor" condition. It's still a good enough bargain for me to continue shopping there, but 10%? What's he buying, bricks?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Yeah, hamok's full of shit. I don't mean to say that lightly, he's absolutely lying. 80% of what I buy comes in "poor" condition. It's still a good enough bargain for me to continue shopping there, but 10%? What's he buying, bricks?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if numbers are really that high, nor can I speak for his experiences and say if he's right or wrong.

I will say that more than the majority of everything I get is indeed in great or better condition (PV excluded). I say my rate of things arriving in complete and also great condition is about 70%-80%, with the rest not arriving in the most desirable condition, but the great part of why I do keep shopping at Hastings is due to their awesome customer service and not having to worry about getting a refund if I do get a piece of junk, since they also pay for shipping back if they want it back. So it's really not much more of a hassle to me. And we have to remember the nature of Used anyways, so there is always going to be a range in quality and condition. Unfortunately Hastings does not have a set in requirement of what they take in except for if the discs work and also check for the basics such as case, manual, and discs. They just pop it into a disc checker and if it plays they'll take it in as used. They are however working on a more central method of taking in trade ins that will go out to all the stores to help ensure a higher quality of Used products being taken in, so hopefully that will help a bit with the inconsistency of what some people get as opposed to others.

It's unfortunately going to be YMMV with everybody's experience, but that's just how my experience is like and I order pretty often from Hastings, so I have a decent sample size for my own reference. I don't buy bricks, but I do buy tons of DVDs and a few games here and there, and with a different sale each and every week (sometimes a few in the same week), you can imagine how many orders one can compile with these sales, so don't count out how many things people are buying from Hastings. I think in this month alone I have about 20 different orders from Hastings. I'm just a very impulsive guy. ^__^

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't know if numbers are really that high, nor can I speak for his experiences and say if he's right or wrong.

I will say that more than the majority of everything I get is indeed in great or better condition (PV excluded). I say my rate of things arriving in complete and also great condition is about 70%-80%, with the rest not arriving in the most desirable condition, but the great part of why I do keep shopping at Hastings is due to their awesome customer service and not having to worry about getting a refund if I do get a piece of junk, since they also pay for shipping back if they want it back. So it's really not much more of a hassle to me. And we have to remember the nature of Used anyways, so there is always going to be a range in quality and condition. Unfortunately Hastings does not have a set in requirement of what they take in except for if the discs work and also check for the basics such as case, manual, and discs. They just pop it into a disc checker and if it plays they'll take it in as used. They are however working on a more central method of taking in trade ins that will go out to all the stores to help ensure a higher quality of Used products being taken in, so hopefully that will help a bit with the inconsistency of what some people get as opposed to others.

It's unfortunately going to be YMMV with everybody's experience, but that's just how my experience is like and I order pretty often from Hastings, so I have a decent sample size for my own reference. I don't buy bricks, but I do buy tons of DVDs and a few games here and there, and with a different sale each and every week (sometimes a few in the same week), you can imagine how many orders one can compile with these sales, so don't count out how many things people are buying from Hastings. I think in this month alone I have about 20 different orders from Hastings. I'm just a very impulsive guy. ^__^[/QUOTE]

I have bought over one thousand manga from Hastings in addition to numerous DVDs and games.

The stickers prevent the book's colors from fading along with the rest so it looks weird, books are frequently torn, there's often black marker on the pages, and the bindings are quite scuffed. I have about 40 dupes from their incompetent shelving practices. Perhaps you just have low standards.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Perhaps you just have low standards.[/QUOTE]

To take advantage of the low prices at gohastings, low standards should be a requirement.

[quote name='RoMee']To take advantage of the low prices at gohastings, low standards should be a requirement.[/QUOTE]

Oh trust me, I'm willing to accept the poor quality from Hastings in exchange for the prices I get things at, but I'm not going to pretend like they're giving me a good product.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Perhaps you just have low standards.[/QUOTE]

I guess the difference is that you're ordering books and I'm ordering DVDs and games, which I have never really had much problems with. And my standards are definitely not low since I'm actually pretty picky with my selection of games. And I really don't appreciate how you feel you have to have the last word on this subject matter when I wasn't even trying to make an argument. I was simply stating my experience and the facts of how they do business. I don't think you really have the right to judge others on their judgement or anything to that matter. I'm not really sure how much more neutral I could have been with my comment, but it appears the only opinion on their quality or condition can come from you, and everyone else who has an experience "just have low standards".

I'm not sure if you intended your comment to be so shallow and manipulative, but unfortunately it ended up that way, and I apologize if you didn't mean it to.

I'm pretty sure the future of this thread is going to be complaints about the crappy shipping bags with no protection for the item.

Today I got two paperback books in those plastic shipping bags with zero padding. One had the whole bottom corner of the book bent (cover and pages). The other was just bent every which way wise and had it bent a little more in one spot the spine probably would have broken. I am fairly confident these books would have arrived in much better condition had they been packaged and shipped properly. I am hoping that if I put a lot of large and heavy books on top of these for a while, I can undo most of the bending.

I don't think those bags are acceptable shipping solutions 95% of the time, but I could understand the logic behind thinking they'd be good for hard or solid items - video games cases, hardcover books, etc. But paperback books? Are you freaking kidding me? The bubble mailer items I get usually have the bubble mailer beat up and ripped to shreds, and now Hastings is going to put nearly unprotected books through that process?

I mean, if they're that concerned about saving pennies per shipment, maybe they should just forgo any packaging and just tape mailing labels onto the products themselves.

I also got an oversized hardcover book today from Hastings. This is my third attempt at trying to get a decent copy of it. In my first attempt, a Hastings employee ripped off the sticker and the bottom of the spine and slapped it on the invoice. The sticker was like a price sticker and not that green sticker. I've never had that happen before. In the process it ripped the bottom of the dust jacket because this dust jacket is more paper-y and not a glossy/plastic type situation. I reordered the book and got another copy. This time it came with a green sticker at the bottom I was able to remove the sticker myself, but the sticker still caused a little damage even though I was as careful as possible in removing it. I decided this was better than the tears on the first copy's dust jacket, so I returned the first copy with its invoice to show them what the heck some employee did. With the 40% off, I decided to try my luck again with this book to see if I could get a better, cleaner copy and dispose of the other one on eBay. Well, this third copy arrived (thankfully in a giant bubble mailers), but this time there was no sticker at the bottom of the spine. However, the spine was once again torn up meaning there was a sticker there and either an employee removed it or someone else removed it and returned the book. On top of that, the dust jacket is on the very of ripping apart where it folds into the book. This copy is the worst of the three I've received, and I will definitely be returning it once more. This is now the second time I've had horrible luck with Hastings and multiple orders of an oversized book. I ordered two or three copies of the book Marvel Chronicle: A Year by Year Visual History and all two or three copies were in shit shape because the box casing was ripped and falling apart on all of them. Now I have this other situation on my hands. Previously I had ordered several used Marvel Omnibus titles from them in the fall of 09 I believe and they all arrived in great shape. I also ordered a used copy of DC Chronicle several months back and that arrived like new - possibly brand new. But again, its just crappy conditions for these oversized books. I'm not going to attempt to order this title I'm having trouble with again because at this point I feel like I'll just get back one of the copies I returned. Hastings advertises their products on Amazon and eBay as a blanket "Very Good" and I think I read somewhere once that they want their used products to be "gift giving quality" even. These books have not reached those quality standards and would likely have resulted in a dispute/negative feedback on eBay or Amazon. It's fine if they want to sell these books and make money and surely someone will want them even at their less-than-Very-Good condition, but they need to mark and sell them as such in the first place. If they did that, they'd stop wasting my time and their time and money.

But in some potentially good news: I'd suggest people go to the Video Games category, click All Games on the left, then at the top, choose your console of choice. Again at the top, choose New as the product condition. Then sort the results from low to high. They have at least a couple of pages per console of New games priced at $4.96. A lot of the Rock Band Track Packs. Some other good games too. Obviously some not good games. I managed to order the Drawn to Life Collection for NDS for under $6 shipped. Assuming it ships, that's a pretty damn good deal. Some items seem to be sold out by now (I saw they had a new Rock Band 3 keyboard priced at ~$9 but its sold out), so please don't complain too hard about that.

Of course, what are the odds that game ships to me in a plastic bag and the case cracks during shipment? ;)

[quote name='kodave']I'm pretty sure the future of this thread is going to be complaints about the crappy shipping bags with no protection for the item.

Today I got two paperback books in those plastic shipping bags with zero padding. One had the whole bottom corner of the book bent (cover and pages). The other was just bent every which way wise and had it bent a little more in one spot the spine probably would have broken. I am fairly confident these books would have arrived in much better condition had they been packaged and shipped properly. I am hoping that if I put a lot of large and heavy books on top of these for a while, I can undo most of the bending.

I don't think those bags are acceptable shipping solutions 95% of the time, but I could understand the logic behind thinking they'd be good for hard or solid items - video games cases, hardcover books, etc. But paperback books? Are you freaking kidding me? The bubble mailer items I get usually have the bubble mailer beat up and ripped to shreds, and now Hastings is going to put nearly unprotected books through that process?

I mean, if they're that concerned about saving pennies per shipment, maybe they should just forgo any packaging and just tape mailing labels onto the products themselves.

I also got an oversized hardcover book today from Hastings. This is my third attempt at trying to get a decent copy of it. In my first attempt, a Hastings employee ripped off the sticker and the bottom of the spine and slapped it on the invoice. The sticker was like a price sticker and not that green sticker. I've never had that happen before. In the process it ripped the bottom of the dust jacket because this dust jacket is more paper-y and not a glossy/plastic type situation. I reordered the book and got another copy. This time it came with a green sticker at the bottom I was able to remove the sticker myself, but the sticker still caused a little damage even though I was as careful as possible in removing it. I decided this was better than the tears on the first copy's dust jacket, so I returned the first copy with its invoice to show them what the heck some employee did. With the 40% off, I decided to try my luck again with this book to see if I could get a better, cleaner copy and dispose of the other one on eBay. Well, this third copy arrived (thankfully in a giant bubble mailers), but this time there was no sticker at the bottom of the spine. However, the spine was once again torn up meaning there was a sticker there and either an employee removed it or someone else removed it and returned the book. On top of that, the dust jacket is on the very of ripping apart where it folds into the book. This copy is the worst of the three I've received, and I will definitely be returning it once more. This is now the second time I've had horrible luck with Hastings and multiple orders of an oversized book. I ordered two or three copies of the book Marvel Chronicle: A Year by Year Visual History and all two or three copies were in shit shape because the box casing was ripped and falling apart on all of them. Now I have this other situation on my hands. Previously I had ordered several used Marvel Omnibus titles from them in the fall of 09 I believe and they all arrived in great shape. I also ordered a used copy of DC Chronicle several months back and that arrived like new - possibly brand new. But again, its just crappy conditions for these oversized books. I'm not going to attempt to order this title I'm having trouble with again because at this point I feel like I'll just get back one of the copies I returned. Hastings advertises their products on Amazon and eBay as a blanket "Very Good" and I think I read somewhere once that they want their used products to be "gift giving quality" even. These books have not reached those quality standards and would likely have resulted in a dispute/negative feedback on eBay or Amazon. It's fine if they want to sell these books and make money and surely someone will want them even at their less-than-Very-Good condition, but they need to mark and sell them as such in the first place. If they did that, they'd stop wasting my time and their time and money.

But in some potentially good news: I'd suggest people go to the Video Games category, click All Games on the left, then at the top, choose your console of choice. Again at the top, choose New as the product condition. Then sort the results from low to high. They have at least a couple of pages per console of New games priced at $4.96. A lot of the Rock Band Track Packs. Some other good games too. Obviously some not good games. I managed to order the Drawn to Life Collection for NDS for under $6 shipped. Assuming it ships, that's a pretty damn good deal. Some items seem to be sold out by now (I saw they had a new Rock Band 3 keyboard priced at ~$9 but its sold out), so please don't complain too hard about that.[/QUOTE]

I've talked extensively with the supervisor today about the poly mailers, and he got back to me once already after he contacted the higher ups about the issue, and now he and the higher ups are going to be doing some research and looking into the problem, and I will have more for you guys next week when I speak to them about it, and maybe other information. I didn't find out a whole lot about the whole poly mailer issues today, but I am sure I will have a lot more information next week when I talk to the supervisor again. But be assured during the talk the issue was definitely brought up, and I also mentioned specifically the types of issues that have been going on with these new shippers they are using.

I've been very pleased with my orders from Hastings. I just went back and checked and I've gotten 24 games from them since 2009. Mostly 360 but a couple of DS, PS2 and xbox games as well. All of the games worked, 22 out of 24 included case and manual and were in very good condition. 2 of them only had the case (no manual) and 1 of those had a crack in the case.

[quote name='Squarehard']I've talked extensively with the supervisor today about the poly mailers, and he got back to me once already after he contacted the higher ups about the issue, and now he and the higher ups are going to be doing some research and looking into the problem, and I will have more for you guys next week when I speak to them about it, and maybe other information. I didn't find out a whole lot about the whole poly mailer issues today, but I am sure I will have a lot more information next week when I talk to the supervisor again. But be assured during the talk the issue was definitely brought up, and I also mentioned specifically the types of issues that have been going on with these new shippers they are using.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the issue is too hard to grasp by the general public and Hastings knows exactly what their doing with this poly bag nonsense. On Amazon right now you can get 100 of those poly mailers for ~$6. For the mathematically challenged, that's $0.06 a mailer. Assuming Hastings can buy them in much much larger bulk, their price is even less than that. 4x8 Kraft bubble mailers on Amazon can go for around $0.18 if you buy 500 at once. If Hastings can get these even just 1/3rd cheaper than the general public through their channels (I wager they can do better than 1/3rd off retail prices on their shipping materials), they're maybe paying $0.12 a bubble mailer and $0.04 cents a poly bag. That's a savings of $0.08 per shipment. That's $8000 in Hastings pocket for every 100,000 shipments. Now, is that savings worth it if they're paying return shipping on a bunch of items damaged by poly mailers that could have possibly be prevented by more secure packaging? I won't even take a stab at it, but out of all of my internet shopping from Amazon to Best Buy to eBay to Hastings, I rarely do any returns with other companies (if I do returns, its usually with Amazon because of dishonest Marketplace sellers) but I've returned a ton of stuff to Hastings. And I can't be the only one out there who cares how my money is spent and want what I paid for. There can't be that many people out there that shrug and say "fuck it, close enough" and accept an unnecessarily damaged or incorrect item from Hastings. But I wager that's what Hastings is banking on - that the costs of having items damaged in transit, even if it increases because of poly bags, still nets Hastings a savings versus paying more for padded mailers.

[quote name='kodave']I don't think the issue is too hard to grasp. On Amazon right now you can get 100 of those poly mailers for ~$6. For the mathematically challenged, that's $0.06 a mailer. Assuming Hastings can buy them in much much larger bulk, their price is even less than that. 4x8 Kraft bubble mailers on Amazon can go for around $0.18 if you buy 500 at once. If Hastings can get these even just 1/3rd cheaper than the general public through their channels, they're maybe paying $0.12 a bubble mailer and $0.04 cents a poly bag. That's a savings of $0.08 per shipment. That's $8000 in Hastings pocket for every 100,000 shipments. Now, is that savings worth it if they're paying return shipping on a bunch of items damaged by poly mailers that could have possibly be prevented by more secure packaging? I won't even take a stab at it, but out of all of my internet shopping from Amazon to Best Buy to eBay to Hastings, I rarely do many returns with other companies but I've returned a ton of stuff to Hastings. And I can't be the only one out there who cares how my money is spent and want what I paid for. There can't be that many people out there that shrug and say "fuck it, close enough" and accept an unnecessarily damaged or incorrect item from Hastings. But I wager that's what Hastings is banking on - that the costs of having items damaged in transit, even if it increases because of poly bags, still nets Hastings a savings versus paying more for padded mailers.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it's not really a hard issue to figure out, but the most important part I wanted to address is getting them to at least change to poly bubble mailers if they are going this route. Poly bubble mailers are a little more expensive than regular poly bags, but are cheaper than regular Bubble Mailers, so that was really the main point for the conversation. I wanted to try and find out exactly how permanent of a change this is or if there is a way to possibly find a different solution we can all walk away with happily from. Of course there will still be a stretch of poly mailers they have already purchased, but any step in the right direction is a good one if possible. Hoping for the best.

[quote name='Squarehard']Indeed it's not really a hard issue to figure out, but the most important part I wanted to address is getting them to at least change to poly bubble mailers if they are going this route. Poly bubble mailers are a little more expensive than regular poly bags, but are cheaper than regular Bubble Mailers, so that was really the main point for the conversation. I wanted to try and find out exactly how permanent of a change this is or if there is a way to possibly find a different solution we can all walk away with happily from. Of course there will still be a stretch of poly mailers they have already purchased, but any step in the right direction is a good one if possible. Hoping for the best.[/QUOTE]

Again, I think Hastings knows exactly what they're doing. Someone there did all of the calculations (you'd hope) and figured this would save them money. And if they've already ordered 100,000 poly bags I don't think they're going to turn around and dump them in the trash because some of us complained on CAG. I think they'd have to be losing money in a very noticeable way before they changed back to a more protected mailing method. I think we'll be at the mercy of the USPS' machines, bins and human handlers for a very long time with these poly bags.

I don't think I mentioned them dumping the ones they already purchased, and I actually said they would have to use the ones they already purchased too. I know one man can't change the world, but at least I can try to make a dent, so stop being so cynical you bastard! :D

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't think I mentioned them dumping the ones they already purchased, and I actually said they would have to use the ones they already purchased too. I know one man can't change the world, but at least I can try to make a dent, so stop being so cynical you bastard! :D[/QUOTE]

Right I didn't mean to imply you did and you said there would be a "stretch." I guess my point is that I think its going to be more than a "stretch" if someone already made the decision to make a major change to their shipping practices like this.

[quote name='kodave']Right I didn't mean to imply you did and you said there would be a "stretch." I guess my point is that I think its going to be more than a "stretch" if someone already made the decision to make a major change to their shipping practices like this.[/QUOTE]

I guess "stretch" was probably too much of an understatement, so my fault. :bouncy:

I guess the whole ECA thing has desensitized you forever on big companies. ;D

[quote name='Squarehard']I guess "stretch" was probably too much of an understatement, so my fault. :bouncy:

I guess the whole ECA thing has desensitized you forever on big companies. ;D[/QUOTE]

No that ECA shit was just extreme negligence if not intentional. Those people are scum.

Hastings is a business and I appreciate that. They do seem like they care about providing good services and products, but they're a business and businesses have to make money. Things aren't so hot in their industry right now so I understand the need to find savings somewhere. And I think like any good business they have to tow the line between mostly satisfied customers and making money. Will poly bags keep them there? I'm thinking probably not, at least when it comes to books and possibly things with cases that will crack. But who knows. Its all in the mathematical and financial breakdown.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Yeah, hamok's full of shit. I don't mean to say that lightly, he's absolutely lying. 80% of what I buy comes in "poor" condition. It's still a good enough bargain for me to continue shopping there, but 10%? What's he buying, bricks?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am full of shit because my experiences differ from yours in an obvious YMMV situation ::rolls eyes::

I order about 60% tv box sets, 10% dvds, 25% blurays, and the other 5% is made up of other (books/games). Ive ordered over thousands of items from them, several hundred in the past three months and have had to return/get a refund for maybe 1 in 10. Most of those are in the box set area. Im VERY picky about condition because Im a perfectionist when it comes to my collection. I dont mind a light scratch here and there, but I dont like torn up stuff, cause theres no fixing that to look good on a shelf. I very occasionally accept less than optimal condition from hastings because I know the nature of the business of used, but 80% of the items I get from them are LIKE NEW or NEW/SEALED. I also resell a lot after watching to recoup some of my costs, so I will not take poor condition stuff because I cant resell it after Im done watching it.

Obviously Im full of shit cause I have had better experiences than you...

Never had any problems with any game I've bought from GoHastings. I've never bought a "Previously Viewed" title, seems too risky for me. If it is damaged or missing the case/instructions I think they are more likely to list it as "Previously Viewed."

[quote name='Dgaart']Never had any problems with any game I've bought from GoHastings. I've never bought a "Previously Viewed" title, seems too risky for me. If it is damaged or missing the case/instructions I think they are more likely to list it as "Previously Viewed."[/QUOTE]

That's not how it works. Previously Viewed are ex-rentals. Nothing more, nothing less. And as I learned today from Squarehard, Hastings apparently can't put ex-rentals that are purchased then traded back in as Previously Viewed. They have to go into the system as used. If a used item is missing the instructions, its still going to be sold as a used item.

Awesome, thanks. Picked up a two games. Wanted the Nyko PS3 charger, but not going to pay $9 shipping on a $2 item and looks like the batman code doesn't apply. Oh well.

They have :ps3:Dead Space on the list for $5.99, but when you click to the item page it says $14.96. Tried checking out and it stayed the $15. That happening to anyone else?

[quote name='pattitler']Awesome, thanks. Picked up a two games. Wanted the Nyko PS3 charger, but not going to pay $9 shipping on a $2 item and looks like the batman code doesn't apply. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

The $2.28 standard video game shipping and the current 96 cent shipping promotion are only valid on games. Hardware and Accessories are excluded as the first post says and its in the fine print of the banner image. I'm not sure how Hastings calculates shipping costs for hardware and accessories. I assume by weight. At any rate, those shipping rates do end up being extreme when compared against other retailers.

quick question:
if it says just playstation 3 in the bar that means it's new, right?
Just ordered two books from gohastings on Wednesday and they came in today (geist the sin eaters and Werewolf the forsaken), but I might be willing to spend five on fracture and nevermind the TH Ride...

[quote name='kodave']The $2.28 standard video game shipping and the current 96 cent shipping promotion are only valid on games. Hardware and Accessories are excluded as the first post says and its in the fine print of the banner image. I'm not sure how Hastings calculates shipping costs for hardware and accessories. I assume by weight. At any rate, those shipping rates do end up being extreme when compared against other retailers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'm not complaining, was just more hoping it might. Thought I had bought a DJ Hero turntable from them before using a 96 cent shipping code, but now that I'm thinking about it I think it was a 30% off one instead. Either way, I scored some cheap ass games tonight so I'm happy.

[quote name='Evt']quick question:
if it says just playstation 3 in the bar that means it's new, right?[/QUOTE]

Yep. "Used" = trade-in copy, "Previously Viewed" = was a rental copy, and nothing = new.

[quote name='pattitler']Thanks for the info. I'm not complaining, was just more hoping it might. Thought I had bought a DJ Hero turntable from them before using a 96 cent shipping code, but now that I'm thinking about it I think it was a 30% off one instead. Either way, I scored some cheap ass games tonight so I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

I'm too lazy to check right now but the bundles with games might fall under "games" rather than "accessories." I bought a used DJ Hero bundle from them once before and looking at my old emails, I only paid $1 shipping so it must have fallen into a $1 shipping promotion at the time. They may not let that slide anymore.

Thanks, pattitler, also noticed atelier rorona premium for 25... debating if I should add to back log...

EDIT: nevermind, Out of stocked sometime between me saying it and deciding too buy it

[quote name='Evt']Thanks, pattitler, also noticed atelier rorona premium for 25... debating if I should add to back log...
[/QUOTE]

No problem. And thank you for letting me know about Atelier Rorona, I'm in for one. Little concerned that it does says Premium Edition in the search results, but doesn't say anything about it after you put in your cart. I've heard goHastings customer support is really good, so I'm going to take a chance. Plus at that price it isn't much of a gamble, about the same as the best prices for standard edition on ebay.

I guess I got my answer about :pS3: Dead Space, it now shows the correct price. And that it's out of stock. Balls. Guess I'll pick it up at a B2G1 sale or something.

Now it's just fingers crossed that my orders actually ship.

I have been avoiding hastings for awhile because their overpriced used games recently. I decided to check some of the games today and the prices seem much better now. Were some of you guys around on the most recent xx% sales to know if their prices jump up unreasonably high? There are many games I would pick up with some discounts applied.

Prices fluctuate based on current market value (ex. amazon marketplace) and supply and demand.

If a game jumps up in price most likely they only have a few (or in most cases only 1) left in stock.

The beauty of this system is catching a game listed around a low market value during a 30-40% off sale. But you have to act quick because there are tons of lurkers waiting to pounce on inventory.

[quote name='pattitler']No problem. And thank you for letting me know about Atelier Rorona, I'm in for one. Little concerned that it does says Premium Edition in the search results, but doesn't say anything about it after you put in your cart. I've heard goHastings customer support is really good, so I'm going to take a chance. Plus at that price it isn't much of a gamble, about the same as the best prices for standard edition on ebay.

I guess I got my answer about :pS3: Dead Space, it now shows the correct price. And that it's out of stock. Balls. Guess I'll pick it up at a B2G1 sale or something.

Now it's just fingers crossed that my orders actually ship.[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, the UPC on the page for the Rorona Premium Edition is for the regular version. I'm not sure if they check the UPC when they send out games (like they check the ISBN for books) but that's prevented me from wanting to order that in the past.

[quote name='lilseung']I have been avoiding hastings for awhile because their overpriced used games recently. I decided to check some of the games today and the prices seem much better now. Were some of you guys around on the most recent xx% sales to know if their prices jump up unreasonably high? There are many games I would pick up with some discounts applied.[/QUOTE]

It does seem for a while they were having problems with prices not updating correctly, it looks (at least according to my wishlist), that that has been fixed now. Not to say it wont happen again, but Im pretty sure it was a glitch since the prices were not even close to matching amazons prices.

Another update: it got to my post office later than usual, so it may not leave there today....thats gonna make me angry!! wanted to spend tomorrow watching star wars

My DC encyclopedia was shipped in an envelope and the dust jacket is a little bent, but otherwise it's in good condition. The Marvel encyclopedia was shipped in a HUGE box and is in excellent condition. Still, the box was a better route, but they didn't need to use that big of a box.

[quote name='slainviper']Just to let you know, the UPC on the page for the Rorona Premium Edition is for the regular version. I'm not sure if they check the UPC when they send out games (like they check the ISBN for books) but that's prevented me from wanting to order that in the past.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the heads up, didn't even think to check that. Figured for that price it's worth a shot. But with...

[quote name='Evt']nevermind, Out of stocked sometime between me saying it and deciding too buy it
[/QUOTE]

I think mine is probably going to get cancelled anyway. I'll post an update when/if it arrives.

Picked up

Body & Brain Connection (Kinect) NEW $7 shipped
Drawn To Life Collection (DS) NEW $6 shipped

before the 96cent shipping promo ends.

[quote name='merchie89']Another update: it got to my post office later than usual, so it may not leave there today....thats gonna make me angry!! wanted to spend tomorrow watching star wars[/QUOTE]
At least you know where your stuff is; my tracking w/ USPS has not been updated for 4 deliveries since 3 days ago! Yesterday, I was supposed to get the Nyko charger & the BluRay of Braveheart & Top Gun from Hastings and nothing yet + the Godfather Restoration Collection on BR today. I hope they all get here today; yesterday 1/3 of the boxes of the building were left opened; he thought he locked the section correctly but he/she didn't so a 1/3 of the boxes were opened for the taking; took a pic of it before getting my letters just in case :bomb: Damn, partial employment mailmen! How I miss my old awesome mailman (only around 2 months has passed by and they keep fudging it). 3 weeks ago I had to go to the post office to get a 'big package' that actually could have fitted in my box even if it was twice as big as it is and the box had no mail inside that day. :applause:

EDIT: Also,when does the game shipping code expire & anyone knows of a new code coming soon? Want to order another BR, but only if I can get at least 30% off.

[quote name='pattitler']Thank you for the heads up, didn't even think to check that. Figured for that price it's worth a shot. But with...

I think mine is probably going to get cancelled anyway. I'll post an update when/if it arrives.[/QUOTE]
Well, technically $26 is a really good deal for a sealed copy of the regular edition right now anyway. It seems to have gone back up to about $60 after being around $30 for a while. Of course that doesn't help if you just wanted the premium edition. Though if it doesn't get canceled, it's not like there's no possibility that you won't get the premium edition.

[quote name='Carlanga']EDIT: Also,when does the game shipping code expire & anyone knows of a new code coming soon? Want to order another BR, but only if I can get at least 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Its in the first post. It expires today around midnight Central time. Hasting will have their new set of deals after that, but we have no way of knowing what it will be since they fixed the loophole. Chances are it won't be another % off this week for books and movies since they just did that last week.

[quote name='kodave']Its in the first post. It expires today around midnight Central time. Hasting will have their new set of deals after that, but we have no way of knowing what it will be since they fixed the loophole. Chances are it won't be another % off this week for books and movies since they just did that last week.[/QUOTE]

But then again you never know with Hastings. ;D

[quote name='psuedo98']Not (video) game related, so slightly off topic -

I picked up chaos in the old world yesterday for $16.99 on Amazon fulfilled by gohastings. Its still listed at $41.98 on gohastings.com and is no longer available at that price on Amazon. Never grabbed anything from there before, any chance it was a mistake and they refuse to ship it?[/QUOTE]

There are many factors at play. The out of stock price usually isn't the same as the in stock price. They may have only had one in stock. If you bought it on Amazon, then it would go out of stock on their own website at some point. Or someone could have bought it on Hastings website before you bought it on Amazon, meaning they have first dibs and there isn't anything to ship to you. Hastings ships expensive things at low prices all the time, even if its their screw up.

So after yesterday's bad mailing experience, I had a better one today.

I had two items arrive in poly bags, one in a bubble mailer. The bubble mailer was a thick paperback novel. It arrived in good shape in that, as should probably be expected. One poly bag had a small (dimensionally) novelty hardcover book. It arrived fine. The other poly bag had a hardcover graphic novel and a TPB comic. I suspect the hardcover helped protect the TPB. Both were also in good shape.

[quote name='kodave']So after yesterday's bad mailing experience, I had a better one today.

I had two items arrive in poly bags, one in a bubble mailer. The bubble mailer was a thick paperback novel. It arrived in good shape in that, as should probably be expected. One poly bag had a small (dimensionally) novelty hardcover book. It arrived fine. The other poly bag had a hardcover graphic novel and a TPB comic. I suspect the hardcover helped protect the TPB. Both were also in good shape.[/QUOTE]

yeah it does it gives it a bit of a buffer

Got 5 items today from my mysterious tons of things are randomly in stock day, including 2 rare items. All items were like new with no scratches except 1 item where the outside packaging was a little shelfworn but the discs were in perfect shape. Very happy once again! Surprised those 2 items even shipped

bread's done
Back