The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition available!

This has been up for a very long time back when it was announced, I'm surprised this generated all this "sudden interest".
Completely incorrect. It has been sold out for a long while. I've been looking for at least a month waiting/hoping it would come back in stock.
Hooray, attack on my logic being "incorrect"!
When the CE was announced, which was much longer than a month ago, it was up for preorder for at least two weeks. That is a very long time. There was a thread here, which stayed on the top page, and people were laughing at the price tag. some were defending it, i said i am going to preorder anyways since i was eyeing this game since its announcement. and SAVER was active back then. we discussed the shipping options when you apply SAVER. If dont know how you missed that, if you were interested in it to begin with. Which I assume you are, since you have been looking for the past month. The only reason that would end in your situation is that you became interested after it was sold out.
Two weeks is a very long time? It's an incredibly short time on normal preorder standards. Many sites even posted stories saying they were surprised it sold out so quickly.

GONE, just tried to order.
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/the-last-of-us-post-pandemic-edition/107705?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-.70XSnhn_x5TTEPK_bQeuA

Went to the store first day it was available to preorder this and a survival edition.

I tried to preorder another pandemic edition 2 days later. They said I couldn't because it was sold out in the system therefore none available.

First time I ever had such a preorder experience at GS, which led me to believe that this might actually be as limited as advertised.

I said this wouldn't last long and the survival edition is now gone as well. With the reviews this game is getting, and the fact that most of the special editions around the world are sold out, expect decent collector prices for sure.

How about Mugen Souls LE from NISAmerica? New IP, didn't sell out for almost a year.
Don't forget Catherine... that was around for a while despite being "preorder only".

I think a lot of people are mistaking the lack of new IP CE's (because you can nearly endlessly justify why something isn't a new IP) as a rule, when they just don't typically get CE's.

How about Mugen Souls LE from NISAmerica? New IP, didn't sell out for almost a year.
Don't forget Catherine... that was around for a while despite being "preorder only".

I think a lot of people are mistaking the lack of new IP CE's (because you can nearly endlessly justify why something isn't a new IP) as a rule, when they just don't typically get CE's.
The Mugen Souls CEs are still available. I almost bought that (and the Catherine CEs) at launch but I'm glad I waited on both.

But I don't think it's fair to compare LoU to other new IP. LoU is one of the most anticipated games ever and is being developed by one of the most well respected/known developers... it's a new IP but has the following of a sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Mugen Souls CEs are still available.

But I don't think it's fair to compare LoU to other new IP. LoU is one of the most anticipated games ever and is being developed by one of the most well respected/known developers... it's a new IP but has the following of a sequel.
Agreed it has a whole lot going for it. It's not necessarily the last great game for the PS3, but I think of it similar to God of War for the PS2. Where it was one of the final games that pushed the console to its limits.

most video games don't hold it's value regardless of CE or not so just buy it if you really want it, even special edition cosoles don't really go up in price these days except the initial around realease time

most video games don't hold it's value regardless of CE or not so just buy it if you really want it, even special edition cosoles don't really go up in price these days except the initial around realease time

so true..it needed to be said twice!

The Mugen Souls CEs are still available. I almost bought that (and the Catherine CEs) at launch but I'm glad I waited on both.

Come on now don't fall for the hype. I'm sure LoU is a fantastic game and I can't wait to play it (have it preordered) but I highly doubt the CE will be rare. Even if it takes off and sells a ton, one only needs to look at UC3 to determine how rare the CE will be.
I'm hedging my bets and hope to pick it up at AWD down the road.

Come on now don't fall for the hype. I'm sure LoU is a fantastic game and I can't wait to play it (have it preordered) but I highly doubt the CE will be rare. Even if it takes off and sells a ton, one only needs to look at UC3 to determine how rare the CE will be.
I would agree for the cheaper Survival Edition(available at many stores), but disagree for the Post Pandemic Edition(only at Gamestop). Is it even possible for items not sold by Amazon to end up at AWD?

I would agree for the cheaper Survival Edition(available at many stores), but disagree for the Post Pandemic Edition(only at Gamestop). Is it even possible for items not sold by Amazon to end up at AWD?

It is and they do show up occasionally.

I think some users here are missing the point on this one. The "post" edition is only being sold at GS and is sold out and out side of a few extra we may see over the next few weeks is gone and won't be back.

The "survival" edition is sold out currently everywhere that was selling it, and I doubt we'll see any regular return of stock for that one as well. 

UC3 is a proven franchise that has millions of fans around the world. No new IP ever gets a ton of Limited/Special editions. It's just not sound business, as there is no way to know what a new franchise will do at retail.

If we ever see a sequel, I'm sure they will make the LE way above and beyond what is needed, but it won't be happening here and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

There's two major differences between the UC3 CE and the Post Pandemic Edition. First, the Post Pandemic Edition is exclusive to Gamestop while the UN3 CE was available everywhere. And second, LoU is coming out without any competition whereas the UC3 CE came out during the holiday season so people had to choose between paying $40 for the CE or using that $40 towards another game (or other presents).

How rare something will be is pretty objective, but I just can't see the PPE sticking around long enough to be discounted. And even if it's available at AWD, their prices seem to mirror their own marketplace prices for most items.

You'll probably be able to find the Survival Edition on sale.

Yes, AWD can sell store exclusives. I've seen Xenoblade there.

I called my nearby GS and he said they got an email this morning saying they could order it through the store online for people, but since the site is showing sold out online they can't do it anymore :(

I called my nearby GS and he said they got an email this morning saying they could order it through the store online for people, but since the site is showing sold out online they can't do it anymore :(
Keep refreshing, there will be some popping up near release. But you have to be quick, refresh it at least once every hour.

Keep refreshing, there will be some popping up near release. But you have to be quick, refresh it at least once every hour.
The guy told me to call back every morning and check on it. But I'm going to be constantly checking the site also!

I'm just really hoping the Survival Edition comes back in stock at some point. I'm really kicking myself for not upgrading to that. At first I was like, eh... don't need it. But as it gets closer to release, I'm like... you know what, I'm really hyped for this game and now want the survival edition. xD

Still can't believe we have people that don't know what a new IP is and can't differentiate between "retailer exclusive" and "available everywhere".

To compare Uncharted 3 CE (not a new IP, sold EVERYHERE) to TLOU Post Pandemic Edition (New IP, GS Exclusive) is about as far as you can go in the opposite end of the spectrum and really shows how clueless some people are when it comes to gauging the "rare" factor in terms of supply vs. demand.

I bought 3 and got the confirmation email today that they will be at the store and ready to pick up on the 14th!

I do not really display my CE's.  Mostly they are all hidden away in storage.  I am basically a hoarder.

I'm just really hoping the Survival Edition comes back in stock at some point. I'm really kicking myself for not upgrading to that. At first I was like, eh... don't need it. But as it gets closer to release, I'm like... you know what, I'm really hyped for this game and now want the survival edition. xD
I am really hoping to score one at Best Buy friday morning, or go to the Military Exchange. Hopefully they have more than just allocated for pre-orders. You can order it for instore pickup on the best buy website but I have no idea how reliable that will be. I'm extremely tempted though.

Every single CE that's sells out before release always showed up back in stock on Amazon after the game is actually released. This is due to billing conflicts, cancelled orders or Amazon's conservative allocation.

Sometimes, there's only a few available and sometimes there are thousands available after release. Depending on demand, they might last quite a while or sell out within days. The Skyward Sword Bundles came back in the 1000s but sold out within days whereas Halo 4 CE stuck around for month or two before they sold them all.

I have a question. I ordered this early january and gamestop took the amount from my account last week but I have yet to receive confirmation email and my order status is still open.
I have a question. I ordered this early january and gamestop took the amount from my account last week but I have yet to receive confirmation email and my order status is still open.
My question is if there's something amiss

ugh of course there was a problem charging my credit card. got an email about it yesterday, says i've got 48 hours to fix it or my order may be cancelled.  :cold:

This games not due out until the 14th right? Why would anyone be getting a shipping confirmation yet? Those won't happen until at least Thursday right? My orders have charges pending as well, so I'm not worried about them shipping. They'll send the email when the time comes.

I card got charged. I didn't get the confirmation email that you guys are talking about.
Is your order still "open" on your account?
Yes, it is.

And some dick on the IGN comment board just spoiled the ending for me. And it was in an article unrelated to LoU, and I wasn't really looking at the comment, it just appeared.

I hate those god damn bastards. So look out people, don't look at the comments of any gaming board.

I card got charged. I didn't get the confirmation email that you guys are talking about.
Yes, it is.

And some dick on the IGN comment board just spoiled the ending for me. And it was in an article unrelated to LoU, and I wasn't really looking at the comment, it just appeared.

Thx for the heads up

I hate those god damn bastards. So look out people, don't look at the comments of any gaming board.

Yes, it is.

Thx for the heads up

No prob. And you just replied to me by quoting me while typing inside my quote :D

Yes, it is.

Thx for the heads up

No prob. And you just replied to me by quoting me while typing inside my quote :D
Yea lol.
damn ipad

Does anyone not want their Post-Pandemic?  I have a Survival Edition from Gamestop that I'll trade you for if you want to downgrade.  Obviously not 1 to 1 trade but I'll give up my copy of Survival Edition for someone to purchase if they give up their Post-Pandemic.

Ugh. I preodered from Gamsteop.com when they first were announced. I log in to my account today to see where it's at and my preorder is gone. Truly words cannot describe just how pissed off over this I am.

I had my copy when they came back in stock and forgot I had an old credit card on file.  When I updated the card it canceled my order...

Ugh. I preodered from Gamsteop.com when they first were announced. I log in to my account today to see where it's at and my preorder is gone. Truly words cannot describe just how pissed off over this I am.
Thats happened to others and they were fine. Contact Gamestop, orders over 6 months old don't show up sometimes anymore.

bread's done
Back